Removal of army camps

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser656

Dear players,

In version 6.0 we implemented a new feature called the Army Camp. Sadly the implementation has not been used as much as we would have hoped and did not influence game play as much as we desired.

It is with regret that we announce we have decided to deactivate Army Camps and in the future will completely remove them from the game.

The deactivation will happen on the 25th of November. Troops on the way to or stationed at army camps will be instantly returned. Attacks from army camps should hit as normal. We are currently unsure if gold coins can be refunded to players so advise not to donate more to the tribe than required.

This only really affects worlds 47 and 49, but does mean there will be no more worlds with army camps in the future.

We hope you had fun with Army Camps while they were in the game. We're working on some new and exciting changes that we hope to bring you more news on as soon as possible.

Best Regards
Your Tribal Wars Team

DeletedUser

Probably for the best as it was basically a mobile rally point. I did however have the chance to use them and i was pretty disappointed by the feature.

Well at least you tried something new. Look forward to whatever else you come up with :)

DeletedUser

Are you going to increase noble range then as long as you are randomly removing a device that actually makes an otherwise slow world playable and interesting? The noble range is so short a tribe that covers a large area will now be penalized by the short noble range.

I do not think this is a good idea and will hurt the interest in a world many of us have dedicated alot of time to.

This move appears to me to be misguided as our tribe uses these camps regularly and will have a hard time doing anything with tiny noble range set on the world w47.

It is a bad idea, I am interested in where it came from.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terms of the conditions

Great, this means that the Noble limit is back to 58:20 instead of the doubled amount of 116:40 when using the camps on w47... :icon_evil:

westgirl

Not a good move on my opinion.

Long nobling of enemy tribes is impossible without the camps guys. We cant send support until after the villa is capped....grrrrrrr

Can you change that setting to compensate ?

dalesmckay

Personally, I do not believe you are providing a true reason as to why they are being removed from the game.
Why have you not run a poll on this to let the players determine whether they should be removed or not?

This is a very new feature and will take time for players to learn how to use them.
A couple of months is not much of a trial run.

I have seen them used quite well and they are extremely useful, especially in worlds where you can not support outside the Tribe.

chrisparty

Not a good move on my opinion.

Long nobling of enemy tribes is impossible without the camps guys. We cant send support until after the villa is capped....grrrrrrr

Can you change that setting to compensate ?

Most worlds allow outside support, so typically you can time in support after a train.

I presume you play w49 though, which has no outside support activated...I've played w19 (another world with this feature activated), and it hasn't had a truly detrimental effect on game play. Is it harder to noble deep into enemy territory? Yes. Is it impossible? No. :)

DeletedUser656

Personally, I do not believe you are providing a true reason as to why they are being removed from the game.
Why have you not run a poll on this to let the players determine whether they should be removed or not?

This is a very new feature and will take time for players to learn how to use them.
A couple of months is not much of a trial run.

I have seen them used quite well and they are extremely useful, especially in worlds where you can not support outside the Tribe.

The honest reason is we've been tracking usage since they were first introduced and they weren't used anywhere near as much as desired. Some of the implementation details were poorly thought out, and even when disabled, the presence of the camps in the code has a fairly negative affect on game performance.

I'll get back to everyone else regarding the other questions first thing in the morning.

DeletedUser85083

I agree that this is a bad move.. On w49 many people were new to the feature but a couple months into the world and they were becoming a huge factor in some of the major wars that were going on... I personally liked them alot I did alot of damage using them, unfortunately I got taken out because of them too. But like I said, for certain worlds, this is a bad move and I think you'll be seeing a decline in players on some worlds because of this.. It'll make worlds (mostly w49) boring and slow.

Just my two cents. :icon_wink:

dukefan7777777

Already asked and mentioned above, but I would really like to see the noble limit of 58:20 removed from W47 or changed to something higher since there are no more camps. Just my two cents

rich26ca

Gotta say boo to this...

as westy said we use it... many others as well not always as a camp that will see any troops... but more to the point nobling and supporting with out the use of army camps means front war battles with stacking. are we making the game easier or more interesting. as i see this as one more way to give the game too the noobs.

if your taking army camps away from w49 then, timing support should be instated along with it as i can see alot of people quiting cause the opposition merely has to stack, as recaps will be made on ever cap made deep in enemy territory. Gotta say usually TW staff are on point but the camps and no support was a bad idea from the start for in game and programing stand points, then removing it once players have gotten use to it seem even less thought went into this decision then the first.

DeletedUser

Already asked and mentioned above, but I would really like to see the noble limit of 58:20 removed from W47 or changed to something higher since there are no more camps. Just my two cents

I agree with this.. I'm sure there's many of people on w47 who like to noble in the middle of they enemy . Only thing that brought us that is the army camps without having to play hop scotch to get where you wished to go in the first place.

So? Maybe a poll as some people have suggested to see whether people want them to stay or go if that is possible.

Rudegar

Uberly Dissapointed...

personally think that when a worlds settings are announced they should be stuck to, people come to play worlds based in part on the settings it offers, and invest months of their time building their account and also invest money in the premium. personally I dont believe that a justification of they arent used enough is reason enough to remove them, nor do i believe that adjusting other settings adequately makes up for the fact that the settings are being changed mid game.

i have noticed over the course of the game that peoples understanding and use of army camps has improved dramatically, and that people are now beginning to think outside the square somewhat in how they use army camps. Ive always believed that they are more useful when used solo or in small groups 2 or 3 players involved, as it allows for tighter coordination which with camps is important, realistically we are only now hitting the point where players are willing to throw 100 coins into an army camp and 15 villages worth of troops etc solo. To expect a heavy use on a tribal scale with only small players around to make the contribution means relying on a higher level of coordination on a tribal scale which greatly impairs the use of army camps, and i believe that we are only now getting towards the point where they are likely to be used effectively.

personally i think removing the army camps feature would more or less kill w47, regardless of any adjustments they make to other settings.

DeletedUser94111

i didnt used it anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm against the removal ...

I think we should be consulted and have the right to vote on this ...

The army camps will become more and more used with time ... its a question of war scale ...

I can already imagine big front line with tones of army camp ... and on personal basis, it give you the opportunity to easily start a migration when you get surrounded by allies ...

Give it some time ...

a.k.a xtrust

Good Lord people did you ask anyone that used camps for opinion?!
All right I know it is required to pay for beta testing of the game, but to turn the live game into feature testing zone, adding and removing features in the middle of the game?!
Adding the artificial limit to the number of camps one tribe can build was bad enough decision, but this is clearly way over the top.
I am shocked by your lack of professionalism and carelessness.

Status
Not open for further replies.