Removal of army camps

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser75518

what a joke these two worlds were meant to have army camps thats the only reason i came back to play in it and invest money i'm not giving them anymore when they just make decisions without consulting the players and paying customers.

DeletedUser

it is a private company, they can do what they want. Tho im curious about the effect on TW pp and stuff after the 'PP price hike' whinge ans bitch fit, this would be considerable smaller scale.

net performance>few worlds settings

tho i dont play any 'camp' worlds and i dont feel anysort of twinges about them changing the settings, so i think it can be safe to assume backlash will be failry limited to the camp worlds

DeletedUser

it is a private company, they can do what they want. Tho im curious about the effect on TW pp and stuff after the 'PP price hike' whinge ans bitch fit, this would be considerable smaller scale.

net performance>few worlds settings

tho i dont play any 'camp' worlds and i dont feel anysort of twinges about them changing the settings, so i think it can be safe to assume backlash will be failry limited to the camp worlds

You really should've tried an army camp world; then you would've understood why they were so epic.

DeletedUser

No, the army camps were poorly implemented. They are being (in fact, already have been) completely removed from the code in the next version.

So are they ever going to be fixed an re-implemented better, or just scrapped entirely and go down as a failed feature?

mattcurr

I think there is a lack of understanding on how to use them on both the development side, and partly the user side, there have been quite a few, advanced and simple strategies that army camps employ, and while, not a huge game changer if you dont know how to use them, over all I think if people understood them better they would realize they are quite useful.

A humble player

I think there is a lack of understanding on how to use them on both the development side, and partly the user side, there have been quite a few, advanced and simple strategies that army camps employ, and while, not a huge game changer if you dont know how to use them, over all I think if people understood them better they would realize they are quite useful.

Agreed, the only way I could think of to improve them would be to make them easier to get (after you get to the poitn where they are easily accessible, they have already lost a bit of usefullness).

DeletedUser

Why make suddenly such a radical decision.
In my oppinion it would be more usefull to let the 2 worlds have their army camps, cmon it are 2 worlds, people have payed for this, yes payed and played.
It is very dangerous to display such huge amount of disrespect to your customers, yes customers who paid for their product they choosen for.

In my oppinion you can compare this like you hired a home and the house boss first decided to add a garage for example, and because you didnt used the garage on they way the houseboss was desired to, he decided to remove it again :icon_neutral: and he didnt knew you were buying a car to use the garage, once again, this is just an example of what happened here.

Just leave the army camps on at those 2 worlds theyve been activated on, but just say to the players that they wont have to expect any more worlds with the army camps til the point of interest or knowledge has been reached by the players to use them.

Further, Im not trying to force my oppion allthough it sounds like, but its your decision.
There have been more examples of people loosing their trust in a game, company whatever alike because of a too radical decision

Just to say, if customers loose their trust it's a reason to a downfall of this game.
But when that happens, it is too late, and maybe this decision hasn't been the one yet that went too far, but that will be found out soon.

DeletedUser

Why make suddenly such a radical decision.
In my oppinion it would be more usefull to let the 2 worlds have their army camps, cmon it are 2 worlds, people have payed for this, yes payed and played.
It is very dangerous to display such huge amount of disrespect to your customers, yes customers who paid for their product they choosen for.

In my oppinion you can compare this like you hired a home and the house boss first decided to add a garage for example, and because you didnt used the garage on they way the houseboss was desired to, he decided to remove it again :icon_neutral: and he didnt knew you were buying a car to use the garage, once again, this is just an example of what happened here.

Just leave the army camps on at those 2 worlds theyve been activated on, but just say to the players that they wont have to expect any more worlds with the army camps til the point of interest or knowledge has been reached by the players to use them.

Further, Im not trying to force my oppion allthough it sounds like, but its your decision.
There have been more examples of people loosing their trust in a game, company whatever alike because of a too radical decision

Just to say, if customers loose their trust it's a reason to a downfall of this game.
But when that happens, it is too late, and maybe this decision hasn't been the one yet that went too far, but that will be found out soon.

by your logic they should remove them, 50+ worlds are adversly affected by the army camp code, while removing it will be beneficiary to the 50 non army camp worlds and only adversly affect 2 worlds

DeletedUser

I never got to use army camps, but I am looking forward to whatever new additions are planned

DeletedUser

i joined this world because of army camps. when i join any world, i first check the settings to see if its for me or not and changing the settings in the middle of game is unreasonable.

if army camps are removed, i may have to think twice about renewing my prem acct until i can play another world with camps. i hate the idea of the 58 hour distance rule and i feel each world needs to speed up it game because worlds take too long to finish and 90% peeps always quit due to bordom anyways. i thought camps would change this effect and it has for me.

why cant we just keep them anyways? theres something TWs team isnt mentioning the real reason why camps are being pulled. usually if a setting has to be changed, its due to a defect in software... is it because you can add an additional 20 villas to the camp with already 20 villas making 40 villas the max number to store in camp? maybe this should be known and we all can use the defective feature. 20 villas same to be not enough anyways in my opinion.

greenmonsta

I'm assuming they have something similar coming in the next big update, otherwise disabling army camps like this is an utterly pointless venture, having the odd world with army camps can be good fun, just because army camps exist, doesn't mean they have to be placed on every world, therefore forcing every TW player to use them, does it?

As I said, logically, they will probably be bringing out something similar that works a bit better in the next update. At least I really hope they are.

DeletedUser88661

maybe more people would use them if yall lowered th standards to make them

DeletedUser

Looking at this thread as someone who became interested in camps only after talking to a bunch of players about the feature, it seems to me most people writing here wanted them to stay. Proof of this, beyond the overwhelming support for camps in this thread, is the fact that w47 has become a fail world and according to those on it, has died because of this decision.

It is still confusing to me as to why they were removed. What were the real reasons behind this decision?

DeletedUser

Looking at this thread as someone who became interested in camps only after talking to a bunch of players about the feature, it seems to me most people writing here wanted them to stay. Proof of this, beyond the overwhelming support for camps in this thread, is the fact that w47 has become a fail world and according to those on it, has died because of this decision.

It is still confusing to me as to why they were removed. What were the real reasons behind this decision?

lol you did to man any reason to pick a fight wow not too ....

i learned today that christams is a religion i never knw that always tought it was mainly a time to gather round together but i must be an extrimist in love waht you want me to tell you

in plain simple why complicate this ITS A BREACK CAN WE GET THE INFO WE NEED

DEBAT BOUT RELIGION IN THE PROPER SECTION NOT A PROPER SUBJECT IN HERE

now my question to the mode since this thread is so long uselesly with stupid argument am not calling anybody stupid just saying its stupid to flood an important tread or any tread now no one can get the info too well

when does the hoilliday finish for the new yr i cant find it in all the c.... useless flood in the subject please

Last edited by a moderator:

2hot2handle

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
lol you did to man any reason to pick a fight wow not too ....

i learned today that christams is a religion i never knw that always tought it was mainly a time to gather round together but i must be an extrimist in love waht you want me to tell you

in plain simple why complicate this ITS A BREACK CAN WE GET THE INFO WE NEED

DEBAT BOUT RELIGION IN THE PROPER SECTION NOT A PROPER SUBJECT IN HERE

now my question to the mode since this thread is so long uselesly with stupid argument am not calling anybody stupid just saying its stupid to flood an important tread or any tread now no one can get the info too well

when does the hoilliday finish for the new yr i cant find it in all the c.... useless flood in the subject please

youre in the wrong thread..........

roflol

Expecting to see more of this in the next 24 hours . :p

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.