Remove BPR in Endgame

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted User - 11549951

The stats presented in w111 were presented as an example as to why this tactic shouldn't be utilized.

I would like to point out to those who aren't aware, that a lot of the smaller tribes got betrayed but the local top tribes and so it must've been easy for them to join the enemy.
In my short stay flag farming I also witnessed dipsomaniac teach a tribe of noobs ( who were nearby and who I taught to snipe) how to be better players and yes, BPR helped a lot or else it's just 2 nukes n a train timed to every village n nothing is learnt.)
It didn't stop dipso from conquering all of it.

The noobs don't come on forum to post their opinion. Some don't know this forum exists.
Perhaps I mostly represent the noobs when it comes to things like this.

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Actually, I disagree with the above lines of argument (or singling out a specific tribe for personal reasons on a more general suggestion).

If a player reaches out and wants to make a go of a world, why can't they join a world and be stacked by friends to give them the chance to grow and join a tribe down the line? That seems like a fair strategy making use of the game settings to me.

I agree with the idea being presented (I believe I voted for it) but I don't agree with the opinions shared above

That player should not have the BPR since they obviously are being helped, and are in a position where they could do damage, while not being able to be countered. THAT is the whole reason why I disagree with BPR being a thing that late into a world. We aren't talking about beginner protection, we're talking about the point ratio difference. The threat alone of having an untargetable player in your backline that could pump out multiple timed fakes out of a deathstar like construction, is something that shouldn't be possible. I'm all for deathstar play, just not when the player -who has the deathstars- can't be attacked due to setting limitations.

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
That player should not have the BPR since they obviously are being helped, and are in a position where they could do damage, while not being able to be countered. THAT is the whole reason why I disagree with BPR being a thing that late into a world. We aren't talking about beginner protection, we're talking about the point ratio difference. The threat alone of having an untargetable player in your backline that could pump out multiple timed fakes out of a deathstar like construction, is something that shouldn't be possible. I'm all for deathstar play, just not when the player -who has the deathstars- can't be attacked due to setting limitations.
Timed trains, rather than timed fakes*

Deleted User - 11549951

No one is saying you are incorrect Sophie.

It's quite the contrary. You are absolutely right!

What I am arguing, personally, is that the benefits outweigh the risks.

McCree

Reaction score
I enjoyed the w111 settings on beginner ratios. After the pre set time (180 days) new players should receive a much shortened ratio protection (I.E 20 days) while the rest of the world has no ratio.

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
The stats presented in w111 were presented as an example as to why this tactic shouldn't be utilized.

I would like to point out to those who aren't aware, that a lot of the smaller tribes got betrayed but the local top tribes and so it must've been easy for them to join the enemy.
In my short stay flag farming I also witnessed dipsomaniac teach a tribe of noobs ( who were nearby and who I taught to snipe) how to be better players and yes, BPR helped a lot or else it's just 2 nukes n a train timed to every village n nothing is learnt.)
It didn't stop dipso from conquering all of it.

The noobs don't come on forum to post their opinion. Some don't know this forum exists.
Perhaps I mostly represent the noobs when it comes to things like this.

1. This Player that they used, Dado2 wasnt some random player they(night/noname) recruited to play in our rim, he got internalled (nobled by own tribe) and then restarted in our (IKEA) rim and started to create a cluster there where none else in his tribe was even near (and didnt need to get stacked to make the cluster happen) because of BPR.

2. Thing about Dipso wasnt even in endgame and rim wasn't fully controlled yet, hence "noobs" could grow peacefully still in rim.

3. BPR is a good thing for noobs, dont get me wrong, it prevents them from being eaten week 1 one the world (when it starts) and let them try out the game without the risk of top players nobling em. But I don't see this as a good argument to have BPR active on the world when its reached endgame as it doesn't give a fair view of the game and there is atleast 2 other worlds where you could try out the game and learn the basics.

Deleted User - 11549951

1. This Player that they used, Dado2 wasnt some random player they(night/noname) recruited to play in our rim, he got internalled (nobled by own tribe) and then restarted in our (IKEA) rim and started to create a cluster there where none else in his tribe was even near (and didnt need to get stacked to make the cluster happen) because of BPR.

2. Thing about Dipso wasnt even in endgame and rim wasn't fully controlled yet, hence "noobs" could grow peacefully still in rim.

3. BPR is a good thing for noobs, dont get me wrong, it prevents them from being eaten week 1 one the world (when it starts) and let them try out the game without the risk of top players nobling em. But I don't see this as a good argument to have BPR active on the world when its reached endgame as it doesn't give a fair view of the game and there is atleast 2 other worlds where you could try out the game and learn the basics.

The only reason I'm in favour of leaving it in after the endgame is because worlds have become quite sped up in general. This means worlds are more fun but its also a more difficult environment for someone to go through the experience of going from a noob to a good TW player.
For this reason, I believe that extra amount of time is necessary for some players to learn.
Unless there is some effort from the game to implement some measures to help a new players learn this out, it remains the players work.
If almost no one is willing to do it, then it could just lead to 99 players getting nobled much more easily because 1 player would've caused problems such as the one illustrated above.

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Does anybody that has actually played normal worlds in the endgame phase (beyond 180 days) have any disagreements with the proposed idea? Casual worlds, being specifically designed for the purpose of casual play, have a different balance and thus I think many of those arguing in favor of this idea would be willing to support Casual worlds retaining BPR into endgame (I know I would).

valtheran88

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Actually, I disagree with the above lines of argument (or singling out a specific tribe for personal reasons on a more general suggestion).

If a player reaches out and wants to make a go of a world, why can't they join a world and be stacked by friends to give them the chance to grow and join a tribe down the line? That seems like a fair strategy making use of the game settings to me.

I agree with the idea being presented (I believe I voted for it) but I don't agree with the opinions shared above
Other then the lack of stacks as stated earlier I am actually using this very tactic right now...During BPR I have the ability when they are around to fight people of my size as I grow and remove the rust off my account.

When the rim was bigger rim warfare and late game joining made a much larger difference...now people are just afraid of people with 2 villages and barbarians...and world 111 is most prolific with this fear.

valtheran88

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Does anybody that has actually played normal worlds in the endgame phase (beyond 180 days) have any disagreements with the proposed idea? Casual worlds, being specifically designed for the purpose of casual play, have a different balance and thus I think many of those arguing in favor of this idea would be willing to support Casual worlds retaining BPR into endgame (I know I would).

I disagree with removing it myself for reasons stated above and I have spent enough time in end game to cry about it...(the time spent not the setting)

Deleted User - 11549951

Are you trying to discredit my opinion that bad that you can't do it using logic?
1 casual played
11 normal worlds
1 ALPHA world
5 BETA world
lost count of speeds
almost got into MASTERS.

Please illustrate your ideas @ Dawolf85
Feedback is always constructive to the discussion, as long as you can keep yourself from making arguments go the other way.
(sure, you can blame me, but i finish it once someone else starts it).

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Are you trying to discredit my opinion that bad that you can't do it using logic?
1 casual played
11 normal worlds
1 ALPHA world
5 BETA world
lost count of speeds
almost got into MASTERS.

Feedback is always constructive to the discussion, as long as you can keep yourself from making arguments go the other way.
Cool. So how does your experience on regular worlds inform your opinion on this? So far I've mostly seen you quote your experience on Casual, which was my point - aside from Alpha, which never existed, that's one of the least relevant parts of your experience you could cite, and I think it would help us have a constructive discussion far more if you talked about regular worlds. You shouldn't have much of a need to bring up your experience on Casual with that kind of experience.

Deleted User - 11549951

Its been a long time since my normal worlds. I had just turned 14 when i left my account in pt27 to my coplay since the world was almost over and i wasnt enjoying the game anymore. this was january/feburary 2014.
I figured my experience from back then wouldnt be accurate to the current tribal wars population and would most likely be discredited because of this.

Alpha was before Beta.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
1 casual played
11 normal worlds
1 ALPHA world
5 BETA world
lost count of speeds
almost got into MASTERS.

Do you think that new players belong in the endgame of regular worlds? Why do they need a setting to protect them in the end game?

Deleted User - 11549951

tribalwarsworks
was previously called alpha.
i could be wrong but i remember so

Deleted User - 11549951

It's not like they need it to protect themselves from you, if you were to identify a couple active ones and teach them to noble the rest without the need for you interfering and nobling the noobs easily.
probably sounds ridiculous but it was a way for tribes to get new players as players became inactive or gave up as the world developed.

from what i see now, the noobs at the rim are mostly just targets, either for players who are already developed or for experienced players who wish to take advantage.

with the protection:
its a disincentive to attack a low point player because its 5/6 fulls to kill a good def full at lowest ratio. So you focus on the guys your own size which could prove a bigger threat.
if this didnt work, they would often just recruit the high point noobs n teach them once inside - make them build a 90% def to attack ratio so they support the border and keep conquering the innactives, while the big players didnt focus on innactives as much - I did at first until they called me a noob and stopped coz i didnt like getting called a noob by my friends xD )

either way, i hope measures such as this can be implemented in BETA to try that out other than just using BETA for pp features

Deleted User - 11549951

Its been a long time since my normal worlds. I had just turned 14 when i left my account in pt27 to my coplay since the world was almost over and i wasnt enjoying the game anymore. this was january/feburary 2014.
I figured my experience from back then wouldnt be accurate to the current tribal wars population and would most likely be discredited because of this.

Alpha was before Beta.

* I had just turned 15

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
with the protection:
its a disincentive to attack a low point player because its 5/6 fulls to kill a good def full at lowest ratio. So you focus on the guys your own size which could prove a bigger threat.

Now you're talking about Morale, not BPR. BPR doesn't allow you to attack them AT ALL

Deleted User - 11549951

But you could recruit a couple to attack them :)
make friends

like i said, its a bit out there if you're an introvert and don't like to speak with others but then again there's always a few people dedicated to recruitment and management of a tribe.

I was trying to use my past experience to compare to BPR...