Rejected Remove Pay to Win? (in more than the rare occasion)

popcorn

Reaction score
Let me start by clarifying - I have played TW on and off since 2007 world 3 on .NET using different aliases.

I came back to play last Spring/ Summer and had a fairly decent time and made some good friends. I've always frowned upon the PP being used as a technique to get ahead of other players. It's not exactly fair that some people can afford to splash so much money into the game whilst others can not. I mean, I get it from a business perspective - ie reward the players who are actively paying for the game. What I don't understand though, is why there's no cap to how much money someone can sink into the game. When there's no limit, it essentially means "WE'LL GLADLY TAKE YOUR MONEY! BUT IF SOMEONE COMES ALONG TO GIVE US MORE, SCREW YOU. IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, YOU GIVE US MORE MONEY TOO - THAT WAY IT'S MORE FAIR".

After playing on a different server for the last month and spending nearly over 3000 PP (which I had to earn PP farming for months and purchasing what I can afford) trying to grow/ keep up with surrounding players, I inevitably got nobled out for someone's 5th village who started beside me at the same time as me. Kind of annoying, but what did I expect, I started in the core.

Well, 1.5 weeks ago I joined W120. I spent some money buying a premium account so I could try get a bit more of an advantage and a look at the tribes/ map the area. I restarted after several days due to being in a bad area (lack of farms and alot of large players).

My new village was placed right beside a player who was on 194 points. In the first day I grew myself from 26 to 150 or so points. Next door neighbour grew to 300. I followed the Scavanging start up strategy with spears and got myself over 150 by the end of day 2. Pulling in some decent hauls. Player beside me hit 350 points. I figured I'm catching up pretty decently so kept investing my time into farming/ scavanging - setting timers on my phone etc.

By the end of day 3, the player beside me was now on 600 odd points and I'm on just under 300. (bearing in mind i'm building troops as well as buildings).

By the end of day 4 the player beside me is now around 900 points and I have just hit 400.

I message the player and ask if he's using PP - to which he says he is and "Lots".

On day 5, he hits me (1 field away) with 260 LC and 50 axe from his 1200 point village and wipes out all of my LC I've been building. I would be annoyed (albeit less annoyed) if this had happened fair and square... but it didn't. He is sinking boat loads of cash into the game and I have once again wasted my time and money - caused by the sheer fact that I couldn't afford to pay as much as he did to get ahead.

My growth (using PP and restarting 4 days ago)
me.JPG

Their growth in comparisson:
him.JPG

Can someone explain to me how this is fair from a morality stand point? There's a reason why games like CoD Warzone, PubG, Fortnite etc all offer cosmetic only purchases. When people sink real money into the game, it's not fair to allow it to grant such a huge, disproportionate advantage over people who can't afford to pay as much.

I am writing this mostly to the developers, as a player who has played since nearly the beginning. There seems to be no respect for the long term loyality I've had towards this game and now it's just a cash grab - anyone who speaks up about it is just met with PP players rolling their eyes.

Yes, they only allow the advantage to get ahead early game, but isn't that the main point? To get ahead? It's like being put the back of a race on the starting line because "the race will level out after the start"... Will it? Or will the cars at the front remain ahead the entire race (unless the car at the back somehow miracluslously gets to the front - which btw would be a rags to riches story which is an archtypical message people are quite fond of .. due to how rarely it happens).

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
This is a rant, not an improvement suggestion. Stick to feedback topics.