Rep vs Like

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
What do we all think folks?

One of the major changes and needs to be discussed.

I feel there was something special about the old rep system. It felt like giving and receiving reputation was such a big deal, a privilege. It was unique and no matter how many likes people get with the new feature, its just not going to be the same.

The new liking feature is much more accessible by users. It's much easier to give a 'like' and it's also nice to see who supports a persons view. I really like that element.

Not sure how the feature will be regulated, if at all. Has potential to give 'likes' to undeservers like we experienced recently with rep but the difference is there doesn't seem to be a limit.

Regardless it will be interesting.

The main point of this thread is to see others opinions. I hate nothing more than people starting a new thread on a good topic but don't contribute themselves. So I gave it an effort. Not very much effort but it's a starting point. I was planning on a detailed analysis but sure that can come later if needs be

DeletedUser

Yeah I think you summed it up perfectly. I like liking things. I even made posts in the past that I wish I could click a "thanks" button like we have ingame, so I really do like this like button. It's an easy way to sorta voice your opinion if you're not in the mood to write anything.

I do miss my rep though :(. I wonder how many green bars there were...I guess we'll never know...............Also miss downrepping jerk faces

Asylum Escapee

There doesnt seem to be a way to display the forum in a way that doesnt give my eyes cancer, so like/rep is the least of my concern

edit: but how do i have 156 likes when this is my first post in the new forum?

DeletedUser

The upvotes you got from before count as likes you've accumulated :)

DeletedUser111495

I also liked the old system, downrepping someone was something I enjoyed especially When all my forum accounts had 30 rep :D

I think it would be nice if they had some more trophies added but I suppose they are limited to what they can award and to have a dislike button available aswell.

Also now rep is not available it means likes are all worth the same now, least with rep it was different based on a few factors and it doesnt seem to have a limit on how much posts you can like compared to the old rep system.

The main thing I don't like is the new layout, kinda puts me off even attempting to use (probably a good thing) and I did enjoy the part of the old forums where it would show who was online on each thread now I have no idea who's hovering about so I'm not going to debate with people as I don't know how long it will take for a reply.

Last edited: