DeletedUser92753

Why did these rep points become a thing? It doesn't make much sense. I can't even see who keeps sending them to me and I've noticed everyone has the same status. Everyone I've checked is "on a distinguished road". How long as this been around? :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

There are 17 people on these forums who have reached the second level of reputation points. There are two who have reached the level of points necessary to display two bars under their username. Apparently it's not quite the same. You can find a list of members sorted by most reputation received here.

I've found that reputation is a nice way to add comments on whether a post was useful or pointless, without derailing the discussion. After it's around for some more time, it may become a useful method of figuring out who is a respected poster, as well. I mean, if you look at the list of members sorted by reputation, many of the top reputation people are generally well-respected - except for me of course :icon_razz:

Upvote 0

DeletedUser92753

Oh hey, I'm on the second page. Obviously a sign the system is flawed :p

Thanks for clearing that up Wolfy, that change went unnoticed during my absence.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser95593

I love how the majority of the top 10 there are all from off topica. As if they haven't just spammed eachother with rep. :lol:

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I do have a serious question about this... I enjoy giving out reputation on posts I find interesting, funny, etc. The problem is that I often go to give someone reputation, and am told I must spread it around before giving it again to that person. Exactly how much spreading around must be done? I have to give it to 15 people before I can repeat? Or is it time-based... can only give someone reputation once a week?

And Jace, I think I gave you some for something :)

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I do have a serious question about this... I enjoy giving out reputation on posts I find interesting, funny, etc. The problem is that I often go to give someone reputation, and am told I must spread it around before giving it again to that person. Exactly how much spreading around must be done? I have to give it to 15 people before I can repeat? Or is it time-based... can only give someone reputation once a week?

And Jace, I think I gave you some for something :)

It's done so that nobody can give 1000 reputation points to another player and make them famous in a second. It depends on both time and the number of people you gave a reputation point in the meantime (as far as i know). I am not sure the exact time or amount you need to give another reputation point though.

Oh and while we are talking about it, can you give me a reputation point ? ( a request ^^ )

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

So what's the whole reputation power thing about? I have a rank of 2, but it means sod all

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

So what's the whole reputation power thing about? I have a rank of 2, but it means sod all

It's the same thing you call in Facebook as a "like".
The difference here is that all these likes/reputation point gets added to a person's profile overall ...

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

86bd3fc6c9f63b31388253e3dd36e05c.png

Meant that, does it mean if I give rep it has more of an effect?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser92753

Where do I find my reputation power? Also I'm apparently ranked #31 on the forums for reputation points.

What. Is. Wrong. With. You. People!? :lol:

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Your rep power is listed on your user control panel.

I have no idea what it's based on. Maybe posts? I have 10 rep power, which I think is the highest you can go, and also a lot of posts, so it seems like there may be a correlation there.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Yes, it means that when you give reputation, that person will get 2 points (not just 1)

Which also means that if someone has a power = 0, he can give you a reputation but you wont get any points for it ^^

Off topic : Dawolf, give me a reputation point (pretty please ? ^^) ...

Upvote 0

DeletedUser92753

Also, interesting to note; You have to give it before it becomes visible. Just did and it says I have 5. Would it be based off rep points or post count though?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Also, interesting to note; You have to give it before it becomes visible. Just did and it says I have 5. Would it be based off rep points or post count though?

It's based off rep points. You obviously have more posts than me, but I'm way ahead of you in reputation :)

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Rep Power is based on the amounts of reps given/received/post count/ join date. (I don't know the exact formula)

While bars only based on reps received.

Upvote 0