DeletedUser92753

Why did these rep points become a thing? It doesn't make much sense. I can't even see who keeps sending them to me and I've noticed everyone has the same status. Everyone I've checked is "on a distinguished road". How long as this been around? :icon_redface:

DeletedUser105718

I propose giving each other reputation! That will mean everyone will have loads! :icon_idea:

Upvote 0

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Latest Reputation Received (66 points total)

Latest Reputation Given (Reputation Power: 3)

Clearly age-based to a large degree, as I massively out-rep max-burn and have more posts.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

i have only 16 points, but a power of 7? maybe its also done on length in the forums as well as age? or it might have to do with how much rep youve given too

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I'm not sure what the formula is, but I've had a rep power of 10 as long as I can remember. I think it may also be affected by post count.

Upvote 0

Asylum Escapee

Latest Reputation Received (81 points total)

rep power of 6.

looks like time is at least a factor.
possibly reputation(?)

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

well, i have low post count (compared to a fair number here) and with the exception of a few I have been here longer on the forums :D

There is probably something in it though, as wolf has a higher power than me, and higher post count, yet has not been here as long...

I would hazard a guess that age itself isnt a factor, but length of time you have been a member of the forum and post count are most definatly the case. Its plausible that amount of rep given also affects this but there is no real way to check

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Rep given doesn't affect it much, if at all, since I had rep power 10 back when I had very little rep, if any at all.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Latest Reputation Received (14 points total)

rep power of 0

I guess time is really barely a factor. But how is it I have no power :(

Upvote 0

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I would hazard a guess that age itself isnt a factor

I don't think anyone meant to imply literal age mattered, I used the word age, but I meant the age of the account.

I also assumed rep power maxed at 10, but checked on .uk and I have 11 rep power there, so apparently not. My .uk account though has the most posts of any account on .uk, and was created the day .uk opened. So it is both old (or at least as old as possible for a .uk account) and has a high postcount (5,000+).

Upvote 0