Question Request for Script Rules Clarification

Opalelement

Reaction score
With the new Script Approval Process being defined recently I've got a few questions I'd like some clarification on:
  1. The rules in the Script Approval Process post say "Scripts that only fill in a form (without submitting) will be approved by default." Do we still need to submit requests for these and get them explicitly approved, or is the approval implicit?
  2. The rules say all scripts have to be approved; is there a limit (size, functionality, etc) where a script can be assumed to not need approval? For example, I've got a script I wrote that's one line and about 300 characters that just adds up numbers on a page and displays the total in a dialog box; do I really need to put an extra burden on the TW scripts teams to get it explicitly approved?
  3. Are there any guidelines regarding if/when a script being actively developed needs to be approved? Do we need to request approval and outline all the planned functionality before we even start working on the script, or are we allowed to begin working on it with actions common to existing approved scripts (changing page layouts filling forms, retrieving values from other pages, etc) and request approval after it is in a usable/reviewable state?
Thank you,
Opalelement

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Hi @Opalelement

Thank you for your questions:

1- If your script only fills in a form (eg. fills in units in the rally point but does not click any buttons), it is approved by default and no submitting is required. We only require approval for scripts that interact with the game . Filling in a form is not considered an interaction, as long as you do not submit it. :) We do encourage you to make such a script public though, as it can help other players as well.

2- I am afraid that you do if that script interacts with the game. If it just reads page data (without making requests to the game pages) and displays it in a different fashion, you do not need to send it for approval.

3- Scripts actively being developed need to be tested on the Beta worlds (tribalwars.works). However, we do on some occasions make exceptions, but then you will need to ask approval prior to testing outlining your script's functionalities and technical means of achieving that. You can follow the script approval process for that and leave the script entry empty temporarily.

As you can see from 1-2, whether or not a script needs approval really depends on the interactions you have with the game. We do not really "care" if you just read displayed data and display it differently somewhere else. We do however care if
- You request data from the game (eg. through ajax)
- You submit forms
- You click buttons
- ... any other kind of interaction with the game.

Last edited:

The Quacks

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Hi @JawJaw ,

Does the only filling in a form rule apply to scripts that fill in forms on the premium exchange? Or are those always forbidden?