DeletedUser

Author
ronpaul2008
Contributors
*Rix*
Quickbar Entry
javascript:$.getScript('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/easpu2c1j2r710f/extremetwbalancer.js');
Public?
Public
Edit by mod
I fixed the problems with the send button not being clicked (TW changed so it didn't find the correct button anymore) and the popup blocking issue with this.

Code:
javascript:$.getScript('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/easpu2c1j2r710f/extremetwbalancer.js');

I rehosted the script since one of the problems causing the popup block is this script being hosted on an unsecured connection. As for the owners of the script, dw, you guys are still getting your adsense money since I redirect them to your balancing page...

Original post:

Hello everyone,

*Rix* and I have made a resource balancing tool that will help you to quickly and effectively balance your resources either among group of villages, or among all of your villages.

It uses this script to gather data about your villages (i.e. resources and available merchants) then run the data through a python algorithm.

Code:
javascript:function MarketMain(){var a=document;if(window.frames.length>0)a=window.main.document;var b=a.createElement('script');b.type='text/javascript';b.src='http://www.extremetw.com/rix/mb.js';a.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(b)}function getGameDoc(winvar){getdoc=winvar.document;if(!getdoc.URL.match('game\.php')){for(var i=0;i<winvar.frames.length;i++){if(winvar.frames[i].document.URL.match('game\.php')){getdoc=winvar.frames[i].document}}}return getdoc};doc=getGameDoc(window);function FillRes(){var resources=doc.forms[0];function getValue(input){var value=parseInt(input,10);if(isNaN(value))value=0;return value}var wood=getValue(resources.wood.value);var clay=getValue(resources.stone.value);var iron=getValue(resources.iron.value);function OKClick(){var arrInputs=resources.getElementsByTagName('input');for(var idx1=0;idx1<arrInputs.length;idx1++){if(arrInputs[idx1].value.indexOf('OK')!=-1){arrInputs[idx1].click();break}}}function insertValues(){var URLargs=doc.URL.split("&");for(var i=0;i<URLargs.length;i++){var args=URLargs[i].split("=");if(args.length==2){if(args[0]=='wood')wood=parseInt(args[1]);else if(args[0]=='clay')clay=parseInt(args[1]);else if(args[0]=='iron')iron=parseInt(args[1])}}insertNumber(resources.wood,wood);insertNumber(resources.stone,clay);insertNumber(resources.iron,iron)}if(wood+clay+iron>0){OKClick()}else{insertValues()}}if(doc.URL.match(/clay=/)||doc.URL.match(/confirm_send/)){FillRes()}else{MarketMain()}

The algorithm figures out what villages need to send resources where, and spits out a page detailing this and links to help you get there.

Embedded in the links are the resources that need to be sent. Clicking each link takes you to the relevant market page with the target input.

At this point I copied functionality from some existing market scripts.

1. Click the script to enter in the resources embedded in the url.
2. Click the script again to automatically press the "ok" button.
3. On the confirm page, click the script again to send off your resources.

Enjoy!

Edit: I've set up a skype chat for people that need help.

Common Issues and Solutions:

1. You must allow popups from tribalwars. (Tribalwars doesn't use popups, so you shouldn't have to worry about getting any from tribalwars anyway.)
2. You must wait long enough for the production overview tabs to finish loading before pressing the script a second time. Fixed with v2
3. You must have your dynamic menu bar turned on. Fixed with v2

Version 2 Released! 10/28/09

*Rix* and I just released version two of the resource balancer. There is no need to update your script, but you might get access to the new one a day sooner if you clear your cache.

New Features:

1. The Resource Balancer will now work in a sat account.

2. Warehouse levels are now taken into account, to prevent a village from receiving more resources than it can hold.

3. Optional Advanced settings that enable you to only balance one resource, or choose to horde a certain amount of a resource in villages with a surplus of that resource.

4. Adding formatting to the village data submission page.

Bug Fixes

1. The script will now prevent you from clicking it again too soon before the village overview tabs finish loading.

2. The script should now always open the village overview pages that displays "ALL" villages in the selected group.

3. You no longer need to have your dynamic menu bar turned on to use the Resource Balancer.

Enjoy!

Edit Dec. 6th 2009

Version 3 Released!

*Rix* and I just released version three of the resource balancer. There is no need to update your script, but you might get access to the new one a day sooner if you clear your cache.

New Features:

1. You can now select an option that will send extra resources from your villages with more than 23,950 population, to villages with less than 22k population. Once a village has less than 22k population it receives more and more extra resources the lower its population actually is. This setting is ideal for players with many villages recruiting troops or under construction. **Please note that this setting currently negates the 'horde' settings.**

2. New stat totaling how many merchant transports listed on the output page.

3. New stat revealing how many fields your merchant transports will travel on average.

Upcoming Feature:

By popular request I am working on a feature to limit how far your merchants travel. Currently the resource balancer maximizes merchants per resource transport, in order to limit how many transports you have to send. The new feature will allow you to instead minimize merchant travel time, at the cost of more resource transports to send. (Hopefully there won't be too many extra.)

How will this feature work? My current idea is to first try and send resources to villages within 5 fields, then 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, 100, 250+ However this is definitely a work in process. Please post feedback and suggestions below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 1

DeletedUser114677

Same here, all I get is a popup with "Please wait for the page to fully load"
:icon_neutral::icon_neutral::icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Clear cache and try again. I just put in a fix. Hopefully whatever change this is went out to all worlds at once.

DeletedUser114677

Brilliant, it's back as good as new :icon_biggrin:
Thank you very very much AGAIN!!!!

DeletedUser

Clear cache and try again. I just put in a fix. Hopefully whatever change this is went out to all worlds at once.

Looks like the April 1st joke has amended a dev console to the serverdate span

April1st.jpg

Il'd expect it to go back to normal in the next few days or so Ron

DeletedUser

Looks like the April 1st joke has amended a dev console to the serverdate span

April1st.jpg

Il'd expect it to go back to normal in the next few days or so Ron

Agreed. I just made an edit so it should work either way. If there is an issue try clearing cache first before posting that its broken again.

DeletedUser113330

First off thank you sooo much for this beautiful script. I just tried it after it was fixed and it still isn't working for me. I am clicking the bookmark with the script in my production page and the new window pops up with my production page. I hit it again and the new window turns into the options page for the scrtip. (so far so good.) I hit submit to show me the pop up links and then click on 1 villages link. Here is where the problem is. When I click the script button to insert the res amounts it does nothing. Doesn't hit ok or put the numbers in to make the trade. I have cleared my cache and reset all settings. I am using chrome. Any help would be great!
Same problem for me. I've never used the script before now and it looks so amazing - I can't wait! I am using Opera and all works really well until I get to the the merchant page - it already has the destination coords lined up - but no matter how much I click the script it will not input the res amounts.

Asylum Escapee

the script is working for me except that when I click open links: [1-15] , It only loads the first link. I am using chrome.

It works fully in opera, so I suspect this is some kind of chrome setting that needs tweaking. Anyone have any idea what It could be?

DeletedUser115212

could you make it possible that with one click the script would send all the merchants automatically, no need to click every link manually?

DeletedUser

Same problem for me. I've never used the script before now and it looks so amazing - I can't wait! I am using Opera and all works really well until I get to the the merchant page - it already has the destination coords lined up - but no matter how much I click the script it will not input the res amounts.

I have also the same problem. Is there a way to fix this?

DeletedUser

Hey, Ron;
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but looks like Resource Balancer crashed. Each time I open it, I get a server error. Same with my tribemates...

http://gyazo.com/11674369a948e1d2da811191a39b4656

btw, who's the big bosomed girl? And how old is she? Nice rack, but looks like jailbait. LOL Thanks
zigzag

DeletedUser

Broke for me too - got stuff backed all over the place now :icon_neutral: