Respecting the Turtle

• Thread starter I Blame Your Mother
  • Start date

DeletedUser

In the beginning God created Heaven and Earth and the earth was without form and darkness lay upon everything.

So God said, “Let there be light!” and there was light.

What isn't mentioned in the King James version is that God was most surprised to see a hugging Turtle on W72 launch a surprise attack on the tribe Respect

Luckily for you I have the missing text......

So God placed aside the Hugging Turtle and got on with creating Night and Day, Land and Sea but a small frown did appear and after lunch and after having created the camel he sat down (after of course creating chairs) and said unto the Turtle, “Why have you not planned this war better! Or did you friends at Kaboom go off like a young gentlemen yet to be created on prom night?!”

The Turtle did sayeth unto God, “Lord we do not need to plan for they are nubs and have been naughty and must be chastised and fret not for we have folks that go Boom and others that dress in black robes and if this all fails we shall just recruit them all”

God did pause from creating Madagascar, which as am sure you'll all aware is quite a tricky thing to do even if divine, and did reply to the Turtle, “But your minion tribes/future recruits did just launch and go? With no masterplan and from this 1am start you have taken one 4k village! No nukes caught at home and proverbial trousers around yet to be created ankles?! My my Turtle I think I have inadvertently created stupid” and then sighed as He saw he had created the future DNA of Justin Beiber and so the Facepalm was created (just after Madagascar too!)

And so the Turtle did look upon W72 and saw that God was indeed right and yet again folks would look upon the mighty ranked one tribe and wonder if they were just nubs with recruit nukes in their shells?

“Bugger” said the Turtle if only God had got round to creating Patience we would have at least 3 villages!

Here endeth the lesson. Peace be upon you (except if you be Turtles or say Boom a lot)

Game on!

DeletedUser

That was a good read haha, must say though, if Turtle are these nubs that everyone makes them out to be (and I am totally impartial as a member of BC) then should they not be getting desecrated by the tribes they're at war with? think they are given an unnecessarily hard time

DeletedUser

800813 and Respct they are at war with. Respct just above and majority of 800813 miles away

DeletedUser

I was going to say that was a quick war ;) I really hope 800813 put up a good fight, and RESPECT can only make things better for them, but I cant see them beating Turtle without more help, especially with Cruel sitting idle with the capabilities to blow them out of the water if they do, somehow, win

DeletedUser

That you Jo?

tis but am moonlighting so shush!

I was going to say that was a quick war ;) I really hope 800813 put up a good fight, and RESPECT can only make things better for them, but I cant see them beating Turtle without more help, especially with Cruel sitting idle with the capabilities to blow them out of the water if they do, somehow, win

Meh the big hug agreement may hold but then they may think why wait for the other side to grow ever stronger. If there is one thing I learned from playing late game was you should always start sooner to get the job done. Folks say "oh cannot wait for the final battle" but trust me quicker you bat your opponent on the head with an axe and grab all their villas the better.

Anyway interesting times ahead I think

DeletedUser

Well maybe this is the plan, to weaken Turtle, or maybe it's not, we can but speculate.

I think the world has more in it than people think. 60% is ALOT of ground gain and fringe tribes are growing stronger alliance forming, I think we could potentially have an interesting endgame situation :) again though, I am not on for saying who best and who not, we shall see happens :)

DeletedUser

im not surprised after seeing the comments saying respect is their food for the north for whenever they wish to noble it.

Mustache Mobster

As far as i'm concerned we were the once declaring on respect....
Give these gents some credit =/

DeletedUser

You did indeed declare first and so should get the credit for creating the bandwagon that Turtle and Ninja then leapt onto. TBH Turtles were just an easier name to work around my apologies. You should of course therefore take more of the blame for such an awful start to a surprise OP!

MrRandomGuy

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
If Respect hadn't freaked out about a few villages nobled near them then they would have probably stayed under the radar for a little longer. The norther Ninja members would have expanded north slower.

When the duke of Respect decides to attack a Turtle member who nobles into your area rather than attempt to resolve the situation diplomatically then we will obviously respond with force.

Also word on the street is that Respect is Cruel's basher tribe. So far I hear Why Me? isn't too happy with the declaration on Respect. But to be completely honest it is Respect's fault. If I decided to just launch attacks on a Cruel member simply because "they nobled into my area" I wouldn't expect Cruel to just roll over and take it. I would expect them to respond with force like we are doing.

Mustache Mobster

Lol,

You forgot to mention that you:

A: Nobled villages over the agreed border (your member Lokigod)
B: Attacked one of my members (we have the origional forumpost you placed giving the order to attack him)

So we sat down and discussed a resolvement, and found one... unfortunatly you started doing shady stuff again and:

C: Recruited players over the agreed border (under the name Honor, agreements apply for both main and academy tribes)
D: Deliberatly catted down the claims we had agreed on as the resolvement mentioned above (we have reports to prove this as some of the attacks arrived after we nobled it)

Some Ally you are, calling your tribe ''Respect'' you should call your tribe ''Sleazebag'' to be more accurate.
I don't see any reason to believe our declaration was uncalled for, you've really brought this all to yourself.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I think it was more the start of attacks by the likes of Casual BJ that set these particular balls rolling but maybe you would have respected us a little more if we'd rolled over and said nothing? Lol anyway this thread isn't about why this started or indeed who is at fault more that there is little or no thought about the initial OP.

I expected more but then maybe you guys held us in such low esteem you felt you didn't need to. Time will tell if this was an error on your part.

Ranks 1, 4 and 5 tribes attack the ranked 10 tribe with a 1 am start time and after a few days you have a 4k villa....

Still we could have welcomed you into our K, slapped our thighs at the initial attacks from your family and played sim city for a bit longer until you noticed us as you have suggested?

Personally any tribe that did that deserves to be eaten/recruit nuked. We are not that sort of tribe and we thank you for bringing some fun back into this world.

Mustache Mobster

lol, what are you talking about.
Only 3 of our members have attacked you so far, and turtle hassnt send any attacks yet. clearly noticable in the warstats, also you can see those btw. This hassnt even begun yet in my books, so there also goes your ''Suprise Op'' arguement.... issnt that kinda giving you headstart???

DeletedUser

lol, what are you talking about.
Only 3 of our members have attacked you so far, and turtle hassnt send any attacks yet. clearly noticable in the warstats, also you can see those btw. This hassnt even begun yet in my books, so there also goes your ''Suprise Op'' arguement.... issnt that kinda giving you headstart???

:icon_eek: surely all that backs up my thoughts that you haven't really thought this through and went off like the proverbial young guy on prom night?!

Still great to see the "we haven;t started yet fear us fear us" argument getting dusted off. Well done you!

Personally if plotting an attack on a much smaller tribe I would want more than one 4k villa to show for it. You don't so thats fine.

Ty for clearing this all up and my apologies for stupidly assuming you would want to surprise us, gain a heap of villas and beating the hell out of us and thus making the rest of the world terrified of you all. Yes yes I see your brilliance now.....

DeletedUser

you guys were going to attack/noble them anyway regardless if they stayed under the radar

I laugh at this statement. There was never an organized op against Respect. One Ninja member decided to noble a bonus village near them and their leader got all butthurt about it saying the player shouldn't have nobled into "his" continent.

Long story short the northern members of Ninja began to merge due to lack of space in the tribe. Because of this Respect was left alone. Eventually though they will be eaten by the northern Ninja members and there's not a damn thing they can do to stop it.

So may as well get stuck in and make a fight of it.

MrRandomGuy

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Casual BJ was simply expanding into another territory. The mistake was threatening the player and claiming the continent is "yours" then expecting me to do something about it when the player reacted to your attitude.

I told the duke then that nobling into Respect territory or nobling their villages is not restricted since there is no standing diplomatic relations. In order to change this, I told him to talk to Noobs on Ice. From there I can only assume that the duke either didn't do it or Noobs didn't feel like they were worthy of diplomacy.

Mustache Mobster

:icon_eek: surely all that backs up my thoughts that you haven't really thought this through and went off like the proverbial young guy on prom night?!

Still great to see the "we haven;t started yet fear us fear us" argument getting dusted off. Well done you!

Personally if plotting an attack on a much smaller tribe I would want more than one 4k villa to show for it. You don't so thats fine.

Ty for clearing this all up and my apologies for stupidly assuming you would want to surprise us, gain a heap of villas and beating the hell out of us and thus making the rest of the world terrified of you all. Yes yes I see your brilliance now.....

You're absolutely right, The way you ran crying to Why me? makes me sure not to expect that much from you.
But ah well, Respect is his personal basher tribe after all. i should have seen that one coming ;)