Rest in Peace Ben

• Thread starter DeletedUser9021
  • Start date

DeletedUser9021

Fellow w6ers,

It is with great sadness I have to tell you that Invincible, aka Benjamin Benhalima, has passed away on the third of March at the age of 22.

He inspired respect for his style, fear for his skills, and a fierce loyalty in everyone who was ever in his tribe. He was a real mensch. I am proud to have called him a friend, my thoughts go out to his family who have suffered such a loss.

Thanks Ben, for everything.

Ack3rl3y

RIP, Ben. You were a pleasure to be around and I thoroughly enjoyed the time we played together. I'm still in denial about this.

DeletedUser

Farewell dear friend, had some really good times with you and couldnt believe this when i heard it. You are missed by many friends.

DeletedUser51929

22 is such a young age... I'm sorry to hear the news, sadly I didn't know him that well, but he sounds like a great guy. My condolences to his family and friends.

DeletedUser

22 is way to young yes, i spoke to him the day before he passed and he was joking and all was well and he was looking forward to things, that makes it even more hard for me to understand it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I've quit this world too long ago so I don't know him and never recall playing with him, but it is always sad to hear of these things.
Indeed to young to pass away (if there is any proper age to die). My condolonces to his family and friends. No family, no parents should see their kid go away.

Sellsword

I've quit this world too long ago so I don't know him and never recall playing with him,(...)

He was one of the early top players on w6, see for example how his reputation was held in the highest regard by everyone who was ever anything on this world:

Fantasy 5 tribe

and see also:

Fantasy tribe revisited

He was the first player on the .net server to reach a total OD of 10 million (this was on w2, as a part of ESL) and was at the time seen as one of w2's best. He was asked by RIM to become its head duke, a move that has rarely been seen. He was an outsider all RIMones respected, and imagine the kind of guy he was at the age of 18 to pull that off. One of his nicknames was O-Ben Wan Kenobi, because of his calm demeanour and style. He taught me how to time. I am sure many RIMones benefitted from his patience, and skills. In the war against FF, Ben timed attacks to land on 10 different villas, all within the same 5 seconds. He took 6 of those villas in one go, against habit-, and habit- wasn't easy to beat, I can tell you that much. His understanding of the game, and his own quiet perception of what it means to have honor while playing at the highest level, have been an inspiration to me.

He reached the top 10 on any world he played. The last time he did that, was on w24, where he reached the #2 position. He had just started co-playing Matt on w54, returning to the game for the first time in years.

DeletedUser

Not the main point of the thread, what I meant is that despite I don't remeber him (maybe I've talked to him during my time on w6 once or twice, just don't remember it) it's always sad to hear these news, and I wish his parents can overcome this. Peace for him that's what I meant.

silvereclipes

Rest in Peace Ben you will be sorely missed by all including this grizzled grey beard I had high respect for your playing style.

May all your friends an family find peace at this trying time an may the wind be at your back an the sun be in your face.

DeletedUser

I'm turning 22 in a month, I can't believe it. You were a great player and great person to talk to! This really sucks. :(

How did it happen?

DeletedUser

Rest in peace, I wish your family the most respect possible in dealing with your departure.

DeletedUser

Wow. This really isn't the news I was hoping to discover in checking the W6 forums for the first time in a while.

Ben was one of the nicest guys I spoke to on this world, and a real gentleman. He was an incredible player and an really decent human being. I'm really sorry to hear this Hench. He was always a pleasure to deal with, on some diplomatic issue or upcoming conflict, no matter how heated or tense the issue he always held himself with decorum.

Rest in Peace Ben, and condolences to his family.

DeletedUser

Shocking, to say the least... I was redirected to this thread by one of my oldest (reallife) friends, who personally knew Benjamin from school. No one had an idea that we've played the same game, let alone played the same server. The world is such a small place.. I feel sorry for the family, he went so young, and unexpected.

My thought are with him and his family, may he rest in peace.

DeletedUser

I never met him... but to die at such a young age... this is so sad. My son and daughter are his age...

DeletedUser

I did not know him, but it's never good to hear of such things. Too young to be taken from this world. My thoughts are with his family and friends however.

DeletedUser20524

Rest In Peace Ben. I will pray for him and his family. 22 is such a young age to pass away. :(

DeletedUser

Rest in Peace Ben. I never knew him personally, But seen him around. Always sad to hear these things.
My prayers are with his Family and Friends.