Review - Top 6 Tribes

DeletedUser117534

Ranking-tribes-1.png

Map-2.png

Ranking-tribes-1.png

Map-2.png

Bleed

I was finishing up my review when Bleed disbanded merging top accounts into WUS. I decided to still post what I had, especially the interviews which i think are fun and interesting. Other things might not be that relevant but I hope you still enjoy the read and I wish everyone Merry Christmas and a nice short break from the game. Lets drink and sleep some.

Members - 7.5/10

Members-3.png

When we look at Bleed roster the average isn't very impressive, the tribe reduce the member base to 23 accounts but still has a low point per member average when comparing to other top 5 tribes. There are 7 members with under 100,000 points and another 10 with under 200,000. I am not sure There are also three accounts being currently internalled (or merging) potentially leave Bleed with only 20 accounts. I have heard rumours of them merging with WUS but it is unlikely to happen yet unless they get rid of a lot of players on both sides.

internals.png

On the positive note the top 3 accounts are one of the best in the entire world and they are capable of carrying the entire tribe if needed. Trex has been known for his unbelievable defence. I witnessed it myself on other worlds where he would defend the entire front for weeks taking all the sits. I had a chat with Trex and here's what he had to say:

Nest: Trex last year you've received the award for the most skilled player. Can you tell us why in your opinion you got that award? Also, who would you consider equally skilled or even better players from those we can see on W104 and beyond?

Trex: I was probably the most qualified to win that award. I play well, and I put in more effort than nearly anyone I've met on this game. It is a popularity contest of sorts and I am no idiot I know my ex coplayer Jake pulled strings with his mod friends to help me win. Life is rigged. Not saying that means I didn't deserve it. The only player I really believe is better than myself is my old coplayer Jake, I hear rumours he is joining w104 soon. If he takes it seriously, he will be able to do some damage wherever he ends up.

Nest: Can you tell us more about how you started your adventure with tribal wars, how did you get hooked up and was there anything in the beginning that you had problems with? What would be your advice to people who struggle with startup on how they can break out of the cycle of being rimmed every world?

Trex: I started way back on w23. Some friends from school showed me the game. We had fun being noobs, but I stuck with the game long after they had quit. I learned, and I got better, no one taught me. I used google to find different scripts, guides, and other tricks. It is all available to everyone just have to go out and find it.

Nest: Let’s talk a bit about 104. I know you are quite hard to be impressed with but is there a tribe, a player or leader that impressed you here so far? Not only you are a good player but you are also known for being quite good at duking, would you ever consider taking that role again on 104 if you had the opportunity or is your duking career over?

Trex: I think Visine has a good lineup. They are the biggest threat to win the world in my opinion. I am biased though; a group of their players have beaten me the past two worlds I have played. I only met Jon on w96, but he is a respectable guy and a good leader from what I've heard people say about his success on w95 with PI. I don't think I am a good leader. I don't really have the patience or desire to deal with the numerous mails and interactions with people being a duke requires. I do think I can run decent ops, but I think I prefer to sit back and follow this world. Being in leadership takes up a lot of time, and with my desire to be a large FL account and possible take sits it is easy to get burned out doing all 3. I will just stick with what I am best at; playing the game.

Nest: We’ve seen Bleed and WUS trimming their rosters quite a bit recently, there are rumors about a merge, any comments on that? Would you also try to predict who is Visine going to merge with?

Tres: No comment, not my place to comment. If Visine merges with anyone, I think they would win. Merging is weak though and would be a pretty soft way of winning whether they merge with Burn, Nerds, Viking or anyone else really. Just look at the merge fest on w90 I think that was weak.

Nest: Whoever has been following the worlds chat probably noticed your love of food but recently you showed your fridge and it was filled with liquids, is it some sort of cleansing diet? Would you consider starting a food blog on externals?

Trex: I love food, usually put a different pic up as my skype profile. The fridge was nicely stocked with beer because we recently had a party and we had some left over. It is a dream of mine to have a fridge entirely full of Beer and we nearly achieved that this week. Update; there are a lot less beers in the fridge after this week has passed lol.

Nest: The forums have been so dead and boring even though there are many well known posters who are playing 104, what do you think could be done to make the forum more alive? Or are we beating a dead horse?

Trex: Forums are dying because of a lack of effort. We have wars with no pnp's being produced. MEA declared on us and did no effort. I think I will have to get on the externals and post something for them soon. I think the forum would become more alive once the major wars start to kick off. How long can Burn, Visine, WUS, and Viking all stay out of a major war? Can they hug all world? Is that really fun for anyone?

Other than Trex we also have Weird Flex But Ok, eddiecesc and Ragestyles who are also very good and active defenders. Those 4 accounts will continue to grow at higher than average pace and will have huge impact on the area and coming wars.

Leadership - 8.5/10

Babin and Beastfromeast are the two key figures in Bleed leadership but I wouldn't underrate the influence Trex has in this tribe. Babin definitely knows how to run a tribe and it seems like he has a very active group of people in the leadership. I think what the tribe needs the most is a solid OP planner and I am sure Trex would step in to help with that. I don't know Babin but he seems like a nice and diplomatic person. What every tribe needs is someone who can make hard decisions, make players to Obey orders and punish and kick if needed and Trex would be perfect for that role.
Also I like the decision of giving the internals to top accounts only, best way to use those villages is to give them all to Trex.

Nest: Before we start talking about Bleed I would like to ask you about the time when you were without a tribe. You have played like that for exactly a month (for almost 6 weeks if considered time at T-Flex) Was playing without a tribe your plan from the start and if so what gave you the confidence to play this way? Also how did you end up teaming up with Trex?

Babin: Playing solo early game was 100% the plan, when Darren and I spoke about joining this world we decided that we'd play solo until we had to join a tribe. We decided that focusing on our own growth early game was the best option. As early on is when most people that don't really know how to play the game beg for support and burn a lot of un-needed troops and that wasn't something we wanted to be apart of. Having the confidence to doing so was no doubt based on Darren and I's capability of withstanding thrown at us we planned on using PP this world and it gave us a huge advantage but PP doesn't stop trains/nukes/nobles being thrown at you and that is where we had trust in one another that we could handle any incoming. Teaming up with trex was just a fluke honestly, Darren and I were bored waiting for things to build so we joined a speed world where Trex was and we hopped in a voice call trex was quickly informed we were rank one and then Darren insisted on him joining next to us, I'm more passive and didn't want to pressure trex into it but I'm glad darren did pop the question as trex has made this world much more fun for me honestly.

Nest: The account was the first to noble a village, you have been in top 10 of farming and basically you have been outgrowing everyone apart from Tudadar for the past two months. What would you say is it that your account does better than other players? What’s the recipe for having and sustaining such rapid growth?

Babin: Knowing how to mint properly is a huge factor, I see a lot of people burning flag boosters on random flags (offense flags). When those should be saved and used properly. Some of the methods I use are actually from tudadar. So obviously I can't outgrow someone that in theory has mastered the method of growth.

Nest:You have created T-Flex on 17th of November but it didn't last long and you joined Bleed a week later. What were your reasons for joining Bleed? How important were T-Flex accounts for bleed at that point and how did you end up being the Duke?

Babin: T-Flex was made to provide resources to a fortnite friend that we made (also darrens idea which I'm glad he did). Joining the Bleed family was a huge power grab that a lot of tribes were going for in the area (Wet, MEA F., bleed, wus) at the time MEA was willing to sacrifice their members to us to even get us to join them. Joining bleed pretty much evened the continent out. Bleed and wet were both tribes that would be quickly sandwiched if T-Flex accounts didn't join and put a protective banner over Bleed in my eyes. Becoming duke is a temp thing, beast has been a major key to playing on this K and has been so willing to work with us and understanding of the greater picture of things. He's gained much respect in my eyes for the way he handled everything and took our counciling serious and didn't just take it as an insult.

Nest: You, Trex and Bleed family have been fighting MEA and AAA for quite some time now and it looks like a very even fight with 67 caps for your team and 63 for MEA. Can you comment on how the war was going so far but also how do you plan to defeat MEA if they are already have been outgrowing Bleed by over a million points?

Babin: The MEA/AAA war has died down, yes they ran a surprise op and hit Robert did some HUGE damage they did good I'll give them that. But MEA/AAA are playing it smart, they're using WET as a huge buffer to prevent us from actually fighting them mine and trex's accounts aren't actually bordering mea/aaa at all really (i've got some 30% morale players next to me in their tribe). If we were butted up against them this thing would be totally different and MEA know that. Give us a month and ask this question again and I'll be able to answer it a lot easier as right now they're hitting solo playing accounts and preaching how they have done wonders.

Nest: You are the leader of two large tribes with over 50 members that are at war with MEA family. I’m sure it has kept you very busy for last few weeks. How are you able to find balance between playing a top 2 account with all the things that are required from the duke? Is there anything in particular that you don’t like about being a leader? Also what do you think makes a good duke in 2018?

Babin: Being duke hasn't had many issues honestly, when I was gave free reign over the tribe we promoted 5 people to council and we discuss and disclose everything with them. The council is pretty much anyone in the main tribe that actually are players that land on time, coordinate, and speak with one another. So my say isn't final I ask the "tribe" everything. A lot of them have the same thought process as trex and I so we're able to keep things moving in the right direction (hence the internals). My account is pretty self sufficient doesn't take much maintaining so gives me plenty of time for fortnite and taking random sits to just have fun with. The thing I don't like most about being a leader is actually the part where I have to man up and look at multiple people in their eyes and say the tribe won't make it. Happened on w96 with wet, happening again this world granted I haven't been in bleed long. But it is now my responsibility to actually break the news and say it how it is. Hurt peoples feelings none the less. A great duke in 2018 comes from a few things, Understanding both sides of a story (willing to listen to it), willing to make executive calls (kicking members, diplo relations), keeping peace while also keeping order, everyone can't run free doing what they want but on the other hand need the ability to do what they want. Make the member believe that what they're doing is actually what they want. Give them a reason to fight for that motive. Throwing orders around and making secret diplomacy won't get a leader anywhere, it'll just make your members lose faith in leadership and your ability as a leader as a whole. Part of leading is getting people to understanding your decisions and supporting them.

Stability - 7/10

Bleed was just average when it comes to stability, not a premade with some dead weight and members rotation every week. But that has changed recently, decision have been made around 10th of December to get rid of some members, merge and internal some account. 2 weeks later the roster looks much stronger with 23 members and another 3 to be removed soon. I think it is the right move and the sooner the tribe gets rid of dead weight the better.

bleed-internals-trex.png

Also Bleed has been in constant war with MEA and WET which can actually make the tribe more stable. Bleed members have been under heavy pressure (rank 1 in OD) for some time and the weak links would show this way and could be fixed before they go into large scale war.

OD-tribes.png

Also having Trex and Babin on board would always increase stability, they are decisive in their actions which would always boost morale.

tribal-changes.png

Conquers - 7/10

When it comes to conquers the tribe has been in a difficult spot for a long time having to fight MEA, AAA and WET at the same time.

conquer-stats.png

*** At this point I stopped writing as I realised Bleed is disbanded after partially merging into WUS.

Summary - N/A

buddykool

Some of us quit(me included) and some merged, just clearing that up since it could look like Flex and Trex joined Bleed and just force internalled anyone they didn't like. It definitely was not like that. WUS is pretty scary now, so good luck boys.

DeletedUser117534

Selective recruitment m8

Just having a laugh, Balian is always jumping about how everyone is hugging and he’s the one true fighter but now he must be feeling a bit silly if his critical comment about Visine and Burn merging suddenly disappeared. :D

The truth is that it was the best option for both tribes so no need to be ashamed and you can call it whatever you want. If I was in your should I would have done the same.

It is still early so It’s not amerge for the win scenario. Both tribes had s lot of dead weight, you were allied for some time with similar objectives, why not making it more functional and get the players in one tribe under one line of command?!

And the world has just get a lot more interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112461

You get to win the ‘Skilled Solider 2017’ title through skill, hard work and dedication - nothing else. :) It was well deserved.

Great forum post as always Nest, I am looking forward to seeing how this world plays out.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
Usually i'd say merges like this are generally the result of the leaderships of both tribes being out of their depth in that they dont know what to do at this stage of the game to make themselves the dominant force so they default to the logic of bigger = better and go for the easiest option available (not saying there is anything inherently wrong with that mind you).

Past experience shows that 'mega' tribes like this generally end up bloated/inactive come lategame as a result of a relatively easy journey to the lategame. However given the world win condition is runes it could actually be a passable strategy because you only need to get by long enough to control 60% of the rune villages that spawn in the 4 core continents. Inertia/momentum can be difficult to derail and WUS have bought themselves quite a lot of it. A lot will depend on the decisions of the leadership and how they avoid stagnation

Forgotten

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Usually i'd say merges like this are generally the result of the leaderships of both tribes being out of their depth in that they dont know what to do at this stage of the game to make themselves the dominant force so they default to the logic of bigger = better and go for the easiest option available (not saying there is anything inherently wrong with that mind you).

Past experience shows that 'mega' tribes like this generally end up bloated/inactive come lategame as a result of a relatively easy journey to the lategame. However given the world win condition is runes it could actually be a passable strategy because you only need to get by long enough to control 60% of the rune villages that spawn in the 4 core continents. Inertia/momentum can be difficult to derail and WUS have bought themselves quite a lot of it. A lot will depend on the decisions of the leadership and how they avoid stagnation

What you say here has a lot of truth in it in past worlds that I seen I'd admit , through my 7 years of playing I seen alot of crap happen , so I don't put nothing in concrete nor could I put it in concrete because it would already be in concrete meaning once the tribe actually won a world.

@Nest , no m8 I still see a possibility of Visine and Burn merging , so my thought there did not disappear , in fact there could even be a major back stab like in world 95 .

SoarHigh2

Otherwise, I think the merge was a necessity for Bleed to survive from stagnation since TreX and FleX were the only ones with real access to the rims
and obviously, they didn't bother to make expansion outwards but inwards for all the internalling after they've joined Bleed for one month.

Great on WUS in making the merge happen and great move by Bleed for sure.