River: Fighting for COMING or fighting for himself?

DeletedUser

This thread is exactly why I've stopped coming on these forums.. The mods has no way of keeping up/a very LOW threshold for what should be accepted. Can someone either clean this thread up or close it? And to all the haters, we're COMING for you.

DeletedUser93260

so you'll wait till all the big wars have been fought, all the good players moved on, and half the acc's are inactive than you'll start playing and talk about how great you are? :lol:

Precisely. He will wait until many of the best players get bored and go inactive and then noble inactives and think he is great.

DeletedUser

Precisely. He will wait until many of the best players get bored and go inactive and then noble inactives and think he is great.

did you just skip over everything else, or what? please refer to my last post in this thread for your answer as well.

DeletedUser93260

did you just skip over everything else, or what? please refer to my last post in this thread for your answer as well.

Yes I skipped over everything else, because that was all I cared to respond to. What else would you like me to respond to? The absurd claim that he takes out players 10 times his size?

DeletedUser

This thread is exactly why I've stopped coming on these forums.. The mods has no way of keeping up/a very LOW threshold for what should be accepted. Can someone either clean this thread up or close it? And to all the haters, we're COMING for you.

By the time you COME for them half the tribe will have probably left. You guys seem to lose people everyday

DeletedUser

And how exactly do you get that from what he said? He said he might join, he gave no indication to the time he would join. All he said was the people who like to talk about how great they are are usually gone within the first few months because they can't handle it. from this post it would seem that you are one of them?

actually i throughly enjoy late game play. as for what i said it was more based on a personal knowledge of stafast/w24 and the wars both past and present

it was more a playful remark, i find it funny really that ppl hold grudges from past worlds but meh whatever floats your boat i s'pose

DeletedUser

By the time you COME for them half the tribe will have probably left. You guys seem to lose people everyday

No, some people may join us, some people find our style provocative or totalitarian, some people enjoy it, but the MANIC core will stay the same.

STAFAST

Actually CC I hold no grudge at all, I am still not sure where you think I do...

@Badhabit9..I never said I take out players 10 times my size, yet I am doing so too 2 players now with help from my tribe, but I said I have MORE KILLS, than players ten times my size, when you learn to read, that would help you.

I likely wont play 53 as I have a 6 month old son, and he is a little more important than another world, when w24 is done, and over with, I may join another world, I just liked the settings on this world a lot. I will likely take a year off and play at a later time.

Late game play is I think the best, it sure weeds out a lot of players. And Manic was one of the best tribes I ever fought. I hold no grudges at all against the tribe, a good fighting tribe. Hell, they still rank 4th or so in kills, and have not been around a long time. Says a lot :)

DeletedUser

Late game play is I think the best, it sure weeds out a lot of players. And Manic was one of the best tribes I ever fought. I hold no grudges at all against the tribe, a good fighting tribe. Hell, they still rank 4th or so in kills, and have not been around a long time. Says a lot :)

I must say that was an amazing war with MANIC. They were a great tribe, having a lot of care and patience to withstand what pressure V-V-V and S²orm had put on them.

DeletedUser

I had to read back a few posts to catch up.
When I got to this post, my first thought was, "wah, wah, blah, blah...Then why post? Go away." :icon_eek:
No, some people may join us, some people find our style provocative or totalitarian, some people enjoy it, but the MANIC core will stay the same.
My next thought was, "If you wanna chearlead for your tribe, than do it, don't make yourself look silly by posting excuses first." :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

now that's a lame flame if I ever saw one...almost every tribe both gains and loses tribemates on a daily or weekly basis at this stage of the game

+2 to faaark for keeping his cool...never had a chance to see what he's like when he either loses his temper or really starts the flame game, but good job, old boy

Let me tell you that it can get very messy... :)

Having come from a world where the flame game gets to BBQ level, I hear ya, faaaaark :icon_wink: lol that's why my score for everyone's mutual flaming was soooo low :p
[spoil]my only criticism, farky, is did you have to put sooo many a's in your name? lol[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

now that's a lame flame if I ever saw one...almost every tribe both gains and loses tribemates on a daily or weekly basis at this stage of the game

Really wasn't a flame, was more stating a fact. Tribes have dismissals and recruitment but not the record number of tribe changes Coming has had.

DeletedUser

true, but if you look into those changes, you'll see a couple patterns emerging: members from uruz left that tribe, joined coming, then formed -uruz- then joined/formed another tribe. the other pattern was another tribe that did a similar thing (sorry, cant remember the name of the other tribe). And it's some of the members from those two tribes who came, saw and left who have been trying to talk me out of wanting to join COMING (and referred me to this thread and to the tribe changes issues). However, what that person who told me to check the changes didn't realize is that I don't just check the changes of the tribe in question but of all those who have left.

Therefore, what you're actually seeing is members of two original tribes leaving those tribes, joining a third, then when it's politically convenient, leaving it so that it gives the impression of coming being a bad tribe. Whether coming is a good or bad tribe, only the members really know that. someone else, looking from the outside in, can only see the stats. And if all you're looking at is the first level of stats, you're going to jump to the conclusion that these "defectors" want you to jump to, regardless of any other facts that might imho otherwise lead you to the exact opposite conclusion.

DeletedUser

Well I am going based on assumptions, when people join and then all leave what else is there to assume. I can only go by what stats tell me until I hear the other side of the coin.

DeletedUser

On my most previous world, one thing I learned is that to base things on assumptions leads one to false conclusions, especially if those original assumptions are based on only surface "facts" or surface stats. As we all know, stats can be manipulated in a number of different ways by a number of different people.

Now, whether what these two tribes did was intentional manipulation of membership stats through recruitment and leaving, is something one can only assume to be one of several possibilities, and cannot state it as a fact unless someone fesses up to it. However, there is a strong plausibility of that being the case. What's further interesting is that the majority of people who joined and then left coming from those two original tribes are predominantly sticking together in two other tribes now (as of yesterday when I checked the stats anyway). Those from uruz originally are in one tribe and the 2nd tribe's members are in another.

What questions comes to my mind are: were those two original tribes allies at any time? Is this just a "mere coincidence" or is this a situation of synchronicity (planned or unplanned) in order to do what their troops could not: bring COMING to its knees? Or is this just a case of major differences in opinion of how a tribe could/should be run?

DeletedUser

Who said each specific group left of their own accord?

The K54 group (Uruz) certainly did not like being in COMING and they left.

But...

On the same day (or there about...), I advised River that the recruitment of the K44 'Ducks' tribe was a strategic mistake. He booted the lot of them after discussing it with me. I felt it was not wise to recruit that group and it would have put pressure on the other tribes in that direct area. RIM! would not have been overly impressed (Yes Lloyd, I knew you guys would want to move into K44).

What questions comes to my mind are: were those two original tribes allies at any time? Is this just a "mere coincidence" or is this a situation of synchronicity (planned or unplanned) in order to do what their troops could not: bring COMING to its knees? Or is this just a case of major differences in opinion of how a tribe could/should be run?
So let's answer the question. Not everyone moves to COMING and likes it here... and some were booted immediately before they got a chance to settle in.

Uruz did not like it here, Ducks was booted. Neither tribe were connected in any way. Furthermore, no alliances or NAPS were involved. River just went on a recruitment spree that day and I advised River about it. Urzu did not like the booting of a specific player and they left. Ducks, on the other hand, had no choice in the matter.

DeletedUser

Who said each specific group left of their own accord?

The K54 group (Uruz) certainly did not like being in COMING and they left.

But...

On the same day (or there about...), I advised River that the recruitment of the K44 'Ducks' tribe was a strategic mistake. He booted the lot of them after discussing it with me. I felt it was not wise to recruit that group and it would have put pressure on the other tribes in that direct area. RIM! would not have been overly impressed (Yes Lloyd, I knew you guys would want to move into K44).

So let's answer the question. Not everyone moves to COMING and likes it here... and some were booted immediately before they got a chance to settle in.

Uruz did not like it here, Ducks was booted. Neither tribe were connected in any way. Furthermore, no alliances or NAPS were involved. River just went on a recruitment spree that day and I advised River about it. Urzu did not like the booting of a specific player and they left. Ducks, on the other hand, had no choice in the matter.

Ofc Uruz left. None is liking to dismiss his friend and those guys would not stay in a tribe that there is no respect to members from the Leaders.

Ducks where dismissed after RIM! started attacking. So cut the bull for strategic mistake and your advices, cause before you say this, you mailed every single noob in k44 to stack your new recruit members there. And after RIM! started to taking them out, you suddenly "advised" river of the mistake there.

Now there are Happle guys too that you losing them one by one to us. What about them now? You even recruit back people that you dismissed as of spies.
So desperate you are there?

So Brad, go back now to send mails to MY members now, begging them to return, telling them how bad Person and Leader I am, telling them lies to who actually screwed who first in w50(from me and you) and leave the talks to the big boys that can verify their words with actions. at least as you see i recruit and keep my members , when you cant keep not even your dog to stay loyal to you.

For the only person i feel bad with all this situation and what coming next to COMING, is River who been bad or good leader, been bad or good person, he do not deserve his tribe to be doomed cause of a fool(Fark) who he could not even keep his own tribe(in w50) and he is trying to destroy whatever left of COMING cause of his ego.

Cheers.

PS. Nice work there trying to stack 10 villages in our fronts.You cant even gather 3 full def to each. Geez, and all those of the No1 tribe in this world.

Cya in battlefield.