Ronin; The Art of Betrayal & Desertion

=RedFox=

I wager that this tribe-name was chosen because they thought it sounded like a cool name that means warrior. But, it means more than that, and is not really the sort of thing that engenders what a tribe is/should be about.
Ronin
Ro"nin"\, n. [Jap. r[=o]-nin, fr. Chin. lang profligate, lawless + j[^e]n (old sound n[=i]n) man.]
~ a samurai who has renounced his clan or been discharged or ostracized
~ a wanderer without a lord
~ an outcast; an outlaw
~ without honour, without loyalty
Their choice of tribe-name is much more apt than they ever realised :icon_razz:

and here is why...

A brief history of the majority of Ronin tribe-members for your perusal;

~ Succumbed to the combination of external pressure from Storm and internal strife within Manic, creating a rift that lead to the downfall of the tribe; Manic.

~ Selfishly joined the hug-fest of Storm (their former enemies) for the protection provided by being in a top tribe.

~ Succumbed to the combination of external pressure from Deus and internal strife within Storm. Creating a rift that almost, and very probably will lead to the downfall of the tribe; Storm. *It did, however, lead to their tribe-leaders deletion in disgust

~ Some then created their own tribe with a really cool name, that perfectly encapsulates their absolute and complete lack of loyalty and acts of treachery.

~ Whilst the rest selfishly joined Sparta for the protection provided by being in the # 1 ranked players tribe.

~ Those that joined Sparta then created a rift that lead to the downfall of the tribe Sparta. (about 32 seconds after Rstudios epic declaration)

Starting to see a pattern? Except that the time-frames of each these events are accelerating.

~ After the collapse of Sparta they then had a lovely little tribe-wrecker reunion by joining Ronin.

~ Approached Deus asking for a NAP because they were planning to war Storm. These discussions lasted a number of days.

~ Flip flop completely and form an alliance with Storm and declare (rather meekly, imo) war on Deus.

Every single decision these guys have made go against everything that this game is about. Every single act reeks of betrayal and self-preservation. Every single treacherous move has shown complete and utter disdain to the ethos of "Tribe."

That's some really trustworthy friends you've got there Storm. I'd definitely feel secure and comfortable knowing that they have my back :icon_rolleyes:

These players have all been playing this game for well over a year now, and are still yet to work out what "Tribe" really means, or what leads to success in this world.
Here's a tip for you guys, look up these words in the dictionary; co-operation, cohesion, organisation, loyalty, trust...the list goes on...

Tribal wars is a game about unity, about playing together with a group of people to achieve common goals. Ronin members have completely missed the point, they are totally incapable of sticking with any specific group, instead bandying about as their power-plays turn out, without having a set of goals other than their pathetic individual survival. They instead prefer to flip-flop around, armed with lots of points, majestic reputations... and a book full of recipes for disaster.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I see the point you are trying to make, but you are not as well informed as you believe yourself to be.

Glad to see someone from Deus has decided to try and fill Hurricanewinds clown shoes.

DeletedUser

Nice post fox (Y)

The internal issues in storm arose from the most petty issues blown out of proportion, most of which can be attributed to a paranoid duke on a power trip thinking that every second member in his tribe was secretly plotting to stab storm in the back. He went on a power trip, threatening his tribe that those who did not contribute would be kicked, outlining a set of standards that had to be met to be allowed to continue fighting storm. He himself did not even meet a lot of these, nor did his little crony who somehow got placed second in command because of his 'activity'. All of this while wIz was conveniently away. This attempted coup was the first time all of storm, and probably the world, got a good look at the rift in the tribe. Those who supported the attempted coup and those who resisted. Needless to say, those sides are now the two separate sides you see on the map.

Heck wIz was so angry he left kriid in charge, which could only be his way of saying that he wants storm to die nice and quickly. Quite frankly I don't see it going any other way with him at the helm.

P.S. Love you grenchie (kiss)

Bo-John-bo

Heck wIz was so angry he left kriid in charge, which could only be his way of saying that he wants storm to die nice and quickly. Quite frankly I don't see it going any other way with him at the helm.

Hell if I can lead a tribe, anyone can :)

Although if Kriid is poopy, does that mean Im not the worst duke ever?

DeletedUser

...threatening his tribe that those who did not contribute would be kicked, outlining a set of standards that had to be met to be allowed to continue fighting storm.

That pretty much sums up DEUS :lol:

DeletedUser

I didn't have a problem with the standards. I have a problem with the people telling me what those standards were and not bothering to meet them themselves, simply using 'I am a leader, RESPECT MY AUTHORITAY!'

DeletedUser

I wager that this tribe-name was chosen because they thought it sounded like a cool name that means warrior. But, it means more than that, and is not really the sort of thing that engenders what a tribe is/should be about.
Their choice of tribe-name is much more apt than they ever realised :icon_razz:

and here is why...

A brief history of the majority of Ronin tribe-members for your perusal;

~ Succumbed to the combination of external pressure from Storm and internal strife within Manic, creating a rift that lead to the downfall of the tribe; Manic.

~ Selfishly joined the hug-fest of Storm (their former enemies) for the protection provided by being in a top tribe.

~ Succumbed to the combination of external pressure from Deus and internal strife within Storm. Creating a rift that almost, and very probably will lead to the downfall of the tribe; Storm. *It did, however, lead to their tribe-leaders deletion in disgust

~ Some then created their own tribe with a really cool name, that perfectly encapsulates their absolute and complete lack of loyalty and acts of treachery.

~ Whilst the rest selfishly joined Sparta for the protection provided by being in the # 1 ranked players tribe.

~ Those that joined Sparta then created a rift that lead to the downfall of the tribe Sparta. (about 32 seconds after Rstudios epic declaration)

Starting to see a pattern? Except that the time-frames of each these events are accelerating.

~ After the collapse of Sparta they then had a lovely little tribe-wrecker reunion by joining Ronin.

~ Approached Deus asking for a NAP because they were planning to war Storm. These discussions lasted a number of days.

~ Flip flop completely and form an alliance with Storm and declare (rather meekly, imo) war on Deus.

Every single decision these guys have made go against everything that this game is about. Every single act reeks of betrayal and self-preservation. Every single treacherous move has shown complete and utter disdain to the ethos of "Tribe."

That's some really trustworthy friends you've got there Storm. I'd definitely feel secure and comfortable knowing that they have my back :icon_rolleyes:

These players have all been playing this game for well over a year now, and are still yet to work out what "Tribe" really means, or what leads to success in this world.
Here's a tip for you guys, look up these words in the dictionary; co-operation, cohesion, organization, loyalty, trust...the list goes on...

Tribal wars is a game about unity, about playing together with a group of people to achieve common goals. Ronin members have completely missed the point, they are totally incapable of sticking with any specific group, instead bandying about as their power-plays turn out, without having a set of goals other than their pathetic individual survival. They instead prefer to flip-flop around, armed with lots of points, majestic reputations... and a book full of recipes for disaster.

Wow.. a bit off are we?

Yes there was internal issues within the tribe. Yes i was expected to be the glue that held it all together. No i could not. Ronin was created only temp until i could get things calmed down, as they did not want to be stuck in the middle of the war with words.

Anyways, some blame me for the internal issues that arose, others blame those who left. Some think this just came out of no where and others felt it has been brewing for sometime. What gets me is the companionship that even though divided they still fight for 1 cause. The destruction of dues. Although the world seems like a fecking mess.. it is still west vrs east for now.

there was no pressure from deus and enemies to create this rift, the rift was between the dukes themselves, and a few select members. I refused to pick either side as imo a duke should lead with neutrality, not favorites. Therefore, i left.. but be sure to know this red.. it was never due to the pressure of this war or i would have defiantly admitted defeat to my friends rukoh and KK.

miss you all :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

good piece of information.
well their role justifies the meaning

The Great 1One1

Yeah, I planned on giving my own account for ages. I was gonna save it for KG's paper, but meh, decided to post it anyway.

DeletedUser

Nice post fox (Y)

The internal issues in storm arose from the most petty issues blown out of proportion, most of which can be attributed to a paranoid duke on a power trip thinking that every second member in his tribe was secretly plotting to stab storm in the back. He went on a power trip, threatening his tribe that those who did not contribute would be kicked, outlining a set of standards that had to be met to be allowed to continue fighting storm. He himself did not even meet a lot of these, nor did his little crony who somehow got placed second in command because of his 'activity'. All of this while wIz was conveniently away. This attempted coup was the first time all of storm, and probably the world, got a good look at the rift in the tribe. Those who supported the attempted coup and those who resisted. Needless to say, those sides are now the two separate sides you see on the map.

P.S. Love you grenchie (kiss)

I do believe both of these players currently belong to RONIN, and might well belong to the aristocracy, as puzzling as it may sound.
@Kriid; we're still expecting the white flag, but we fully realize that it may be hard to gather enough white cloth in times like these, so we shall patiently wait.

@Wiz; I don't think RedFox alluded to you deleting because of Deus. He implied that you deleted because of the internal Storm rift, which is I believe correct (and thus: the fault of these rift-makers). You're right about the initial purpose of RONIN, but forget that a) they ended up playing host to the 'revolutionary' faction in your old tribe, and b) ended up seriously considering warring Storm. Given those two points, I don't really see how you can claim that they are still 100% 'committed' to the destruction of Deus. And, as you yourself said, 'for now'.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I do believe both of these players currently belong to RONIN, and might well belong to the aristocracy, as puzzling as it may sound.
@Kriid; we're still expecting the white flag, but we fully realize that it may be hard to gather enough white cloth in times like these, so we shall patiently wait.

May i ask why the hell you say this before I even talked in here?

As for white flag,I doubt youl see it now that everything goes as I want.

DeletedUser

May i ask why the hell you say this before I even talked in here?

As for white flag,I doubt youl see it now that everything goes as I want.

Shit son, take a joke. This was a post aimed at bluefirebow who made a joke about shitty-duke-frenchies, so I joked back about the white flag.

DeletedUser

Shit son, take a joke. This was a post aimed at bluefirebow who made a joke about shitty-duke-frenchies, so I joked back about the white flag.

sorry hang over:S

Im usualy able to get joke,I guess I just failed:icon_redface:

DeletedUser

I fixed myself a goals for the current month,either il get drunk enought to dosent care bout anything so il end up with a fatty whitout noticing it,or either il drink till I finish my liver off and pass out for the whole month,so i can call sick at job and play TW even more,what a wonderfull goals o_O its me or im about to get depresive on a damn public TW forum??:icon_eek:

edit:eek:n topic,I actualy laughed hard at that post from Fox :lol:

DeletedUser

serious post now:

=RedFox= said:

that's at least a confirmation that I wasent paranoid and was right to getting ready for such thing :icon_biggrin:

RedFox said:

you could be right for a few of them,but stop with the bias and try being logic for one second...Most of these player follow there former leader,wich indeed indicate a certain kind of loyalty to someone,sadly,It wasent for storm,but for there own leader that made them join storm,I dont see anything bad in that,they fighted for storm the best they could for the time they being with us,now there leader choosed to go away,and creat a split up tribe,there's nothing more easy to understand then this,Storm had to keep those said leader to keep those player.If KK left Deus tommorow to join *insert random name here* im pretty sure you will find out that the most ofy our player loyalty are not for the name Deus in itself,but in the faith they put in there leader(could had said Rukoh or Walt,was just an example)

for the rest of your post,a load of laught,and a load of crap,so I guess,a win if it was aimed to be a joke,and a huge fails if it was suppose to be a serious thread.

I just got a big problem with *putting a whole group of player in the same bag*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't think that's true, Kriid. If KK left Deus, he would not be taking 30 names with him. If I left, I wouldn't be taking 30 names with me. Walt, same.

You don't sign up for a leader. You sign up for a tribe. A collection of people.

Your 'generalization' issue is a valid point, but the one about leaders... not so much. That's not loyalty. That's blind following. Like sheep.

DeletedUser

That was my point, although now I do realise that I made it sound like it was the other way around.

DeletedUser

I don't think that's true, Kriid. If KK left Deus, he would not be taking 30 names with him. If I left, I wouldn't be taking 30 names with me. Walt, same.

You don't sign up for a leader. You sign up for a tribe. A collection of people.

Your 'generalization' issue is a valid point, but the one about leaders... not so much. That's not loyalty. That's blind following. Like sheep.

well,I never claimed that I agree with everything that being done,but calling them unloyal or such kind of term,is wrong in my mind,cause they do have a loyalty,the fact they arent loyal to me is not something Il qualify as wrong,I myself was loyal to wiz,If wiz and DH would had quitted Storm as the same time,Its more then possible that I would had done the same,cause for me,storm aint storm whitout DH and Wiz,for some other,there faith where place on someone else.

Anyway,I dont beleive that the loyalty of someone can be classified the way Fox tryed to do it.

But each one of us are free to share a different point of view on that mather.