Sabotage / Spy's

DeletedUser93066

As a Duke you have to look at your tribe's interest 1st.Your personal choice comes later. I personally despise Spies (One betrays their tribe and leaks info out of spite) But I have done this in few worlds Planted spies in my surrounding tribes and I found it pretty fascinating how well they 've turned out to be. This is a War game now and there's politics involved as Diplomacy is a bigger part in this game?

I have some mixed feeling towards tribe jumpers players that betrays their old tribe I never allow them to spy for me. It usually depends on what caliber player we are talking about and what was their approach. For instance I have had a player In W40 who was in a tribe that was our NAP, That tribe was trying to go behind our back after we saved their asses and was planning on attacking us. This was a vital information that the player carried as he couldn't stand betraying us. So Betraying your tribe that doesn't value their stances is most welcome in my tribe. Again if The player was'nt a good player and just wanted to join us to save his skin because he was too close to us my decision would have been different regardless of the information.

And No I wouldn't promise them anything as I wouldn't ask them to stick around in that tribe and spy for me. Unless you are a planted spy There is no place in my tribe for the kind that betrays their own tribe just to save themselves or for mere disagreement with their tribe.

DeletedUser

you're so boring...
Actually, what I did bought more excitement and fun to the table then having our information leaked to another tribe. I trusted the tribe that I was in and was 100% loyal to them. They chose the wrong person to come to and thus screwed their personal plans up. We were able to plan and coordinate without being leaked upon, then information that was "leaked" was false information and set the other tribe reeling for the first half of the War. But because of their size they overwhelmed our smaller tribe thanks to us hammering them hard, fast and constantly.

Spying is the easy part in war, confronting one to battle in a war is a lot harder because of stacks, back-times, snipes, coordinated attacks, fakes and so on. Spying takes but minimal activity, full-blown war takes 24 hour accounts, any less is tribal death.

DeletedUser

Why is spying considered distasteful?
Why are we even having this discussion?
Spying is pervasive and necessary, even the ones sitting on their high horse saying they'd never do it, spy. And if you lose soley from information leaks, you didn't deserve to win anyway.

DeletedUser1082

Id hate to have to make another forum account, the purple and the start date are just too amazing.
Anyone saying they don't use spies probably has never led a successful tribe, or is a hypocrite. If someone came to you offering information, would you not even read what he had to say? Anyone would

DeletedUser104965

I wouldn't say I disagree with spying because all is fair in love and war, but I would never put myself in such a position as to be spying for a tribe. If someone asked me to spy for them I would likely give them false information, the leaders of my tribe would also be notified.

As a Duke I wouldn't ask somebody to spy for my tribe but if someone offered I wouldn't turn them down. I wouldn't look at their information as truth but I would take it into consideration when making plans. If I were in a situation where I desperately needed a spy I would have to be able to trust that player and they would have to be willing to do the task.

Spying is risky but it's necessary in being successful in Tribal Wars.

DeletedUser64969

anything goes, just don't get caught for it unless you mean too :D, thats my opinion on everything tw related, its a strategy game at the end of day, theres more effective ways of getting tribes to fall to pieces than nuking it to death, its just not as fun usually.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I'd sell out half of a world if I had reason - loyalty doesn't just mean sticking with a tribe, but going out of your way to help it. If that involves spying, fair enough.

DeletedUser106856

Just wanted to post for the Lolzz....

Also wanted to say Malreaux ima spy on you :p

Haugwarts

Spying on people while showering is most effective way to be a perv :eek:
But in TW I hate spying and spies and thus a tribe should be built on friendships and trust, and all who do not qualify should be dismissed and nobled.

DeletedUser

I don't deem spying more of a misdirection from the truth than thinking a forum/gaming personality or reputation of 'do-gooding' will make you successful, while simultaneously taking the moral high ground.

DeletedUser96310

Spying on people while showering is most effective way to be a perv :eek:
But in TW I hate spying and spies and thus a tribe should be built on friendships and trust, and all who do not qualify should be dismissed and nobled.

This was funny.... are you speaking from experience? lol... while showering? that made me spit my dew up.. Keyboard needed a cleaning... Thanks :)

DeletedUser

This was funny.... are you speaking from experience? lol... while showering? that made me spit my dew up.. Keyboard needed a cleaning... Thanks :)

he spies on people in the shower HAHAHAH SO FAHNNY JOKE

I don't deem spying more of a misdirection from the truth than thinking a forum/gaming personality or reputation of 'do-gooding' will make you successful, while simultaneously taking the moral high ground.

I like you as a person and the things you have to say.

DeletedUser102111

I think spying is disrespectful... However... we need to define spying and what it implicates.

Getting troop counts and such... well if they are going to post them on a forum... they are asking for it.
Fishing for information however is something I personally hate. Like keeping someone talking via mails to get their off times or generally breaking your word for your own gain... Sickens me.

I wouldn't send a member off to another tribe to spy. But I would ask someone who isn't happy with their tribe to give us information. Why? because If a tribe doesn't move in one direction it will fall apart anyway. so gaining intel isn't a bad thing. I'm getting info about players after all not tribes.

I wouldn't offer a spot most i could do is a NAP of some sort.

I will always honor my word and what I say I will do. It's a game but my pride extends from RL to tw...

Have fun,
PT

DeletedUser93066

anything goes, just don't get caught for it unless you mean too :D, thats my opinion on everything tw related, its a strategy game at the end of day, theres more effective ways of getting tribes to fall to pieces than nuking it to death, its just not as fun usually.

I Disagree.. There is also something called Honor. As I said if You plant spy/spies in other tribe ahead of the time that's a smart move also those spies wont be called betrayer disloyal and other bad names. But if you are in a tribe and spying for some other tribe just for your own benefit, betraying your own tribemates and their trust thats shitty. Low moral standard is to be hated. A smart Leader might use them but they never should be rewarded.

Loyalty doesnt mean to stick around in one tribe also doesnt mean betraying your current or previous tribe. @ Dead

DeletedUser

I'm not a duke on this world but have been on previous ones.

I'd admittedly use a spy if the opportunity arises, although I have a distaste for them they are rather effective. Would I reward them with membership to my tribe ?.. If they were to have been placed in a tribe then yes, if not then they had no loyalty to their tribe so why would they have any for yours when the tide turns.

I wouldn't spy, even if it would grant me safety. I like to get to know my fellow tribemates, at least later on in the game, so I couldn't betray their trust after fighting alongside them and having known them for some time.