Sasuke..'s Guides

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Leadership: The first brick on the Building

Part 1: Re-doing the Basics

There are plenty of people playing TribalWars. There are plenty of Tribes on TribalWars.
But what is a Tribe?
What is behind the Scenes of the creations of Tribes?
WHY do players create Tribes?
And how does a Tribe affect other players in it?

This and more we'll find out soon.
The starting line of the Tribe is a founder.

1.) What is a Founder?

This most likely everyone knows. But it doesn't hurt if we re-do the basics of TribalWars.
A Founder is a TribalWars player, who decided to create a Tribe in order to share the gaming path and entertaining path with other TribalWars players.
A Founder is automaticly a Duke of the Tribe.

2.) Who or What is a Duke?

A Duke is a person who has the most priviliges in Tribe. Usually the Duke is the Founder of the Tribe, but the Duke privilige can be given also by a Duke – so that two players lead the Tribe shared.

3.) What are Priviliges and how they should be dealt with?

Priviliges are some advatanges in Tribe. We divide 7 priviliges:

- Hidden Forum Privilige
This privilige allows you to acces the Hidden Forums, which are located in Tribal Forums. Only the player with this privilige may see it, others can't.

- Forum Moderator Privilige

This privilige allows you to moderate the Tribal Forums. This includes: Deleting / Moving / Locking Thread and Posts on your Tribal Forums. Also you may set Threads as Importamnt and you're able to delete posts. Basic moderator stuff.

- Circular Mail Privilige
This allows you to send Circular Mails to your Tribe. A circular Mail is a mail sent to the WHOLE Tribe at ONCE.

- Diplomatic Privilige

This allows you to set Enemies / Allies / NAPs on your MAPs.

- Recruitment Privilige

This allows you to invite players to your Tribe

- Baron Privilige
Baron is a person who possess all other priviliges listed before.

- Duke Privilige
The main guy. Has all the priviliges and posses the power to Disband the Tribe.

So now that we refreshed our brains with some basics, let's move on!

Part 2: The Tribe

Players or better said Leaders have different views and definicions about the »Tribe«. Let's walk through with ideas of an Ideal Tribe.

1.) The Name
Here it starts. The name of your own Tribe. Woah, what an privilige! You can give a name you like, to be a name of your Tribe in a WorldWide game. But wait, if I like Pokemon, wouldn't that be a bit childish for others? Should I really putt Pokemon as a Tribe name?
Hmmm....no. I don't want my Tribe to look childish, I want that they respect us and fear us! Hmmm...so what do we say about.... yea... I like p*ssys! I should put that as a Tribe name, then I will look REALLY COOL!
But hey! There are rules! I can't putt offensive language as a Tribe Name! What should I do now?

And here we are back. The Tribe name might seem easy task, but it says ALOT for a Tribe. It must be very well putted. Ofcourse, some of the expirienced players take advantage of their known personalities, and use some funny words, but it's better for you to use something serious. I won't give examples.

2.) The Location

The location of your Tribe, well, you is also a very importmant task. As you know TribalWars Worlds divide the Map onto CORE, OUTTER CORE and RIM.
CORE – is a place where ussualy heat is very soon. The battles begin soon and most players quiet so there are alot of barbarian villages too.
OUTTER CORE – is a place where you can still feel the sense of wars but can relax.
RIM – is a place where you go, when you get nobled or join very late. It's the most quiet place.

So you should not think only what suits YOU the best, think on others! Your future Tribe Mates. If you decide for CORE, you may expect very aggresive players, and you must be prepared to lead an aggressive Tribe. If you decide for OUTTER CORE you may relax but still be steady on your members actions.
RIM is place where you can start your very first Tribe if you're a newcomer.

3.) The Leadership

This is the most importmant brick in your building. The Leader of the Tribe. The Leader can be the one who actually describes the whole Tribe.
He / She's attitude reflect the Tribe's attitude. He / She's behaviour pictures the Tribe's behaviour.

Be Patient – The first step. Be patient. Don't worry if you don't have many players. If you have only 5 members, don't be afraid that they might leave your Tribe, because of lacking of members. If they do – be happy, you got rid of junk.
Recruit slowly and patiently. Wait 3-5 days before you start to recruit seriously. Watch players developments and stats in history.And before you accept into your Tribe, request to account sitt their village - just to make sure you're deciding for the right player who might fill your expectations!

Have courage – Never kiss ass of your members. Never give them priviliges when they ask if you don't know them enough. Never let them control you. Have a hand and voice. You're the voice of this Tribe, and the decisions will be dealt with your final word or council ones. You may use POLL votings to try to reach similar decision as other wants.

Be wise – Be smarter than your members. Try to prepare everything they want to have in a Tribe. Good Forums, Organized Threads, Regular Updates of Tribe, Good members. Give them suggestions and talk with your Tribe Mates.

Be communicative – Open often communications with your Tribe mates. Even if it's Spam, it might be the first jumping plot in to sharing more serious stuff. Then after that, they gain your respect and confience in your Tribe.

Those are few steps worht mentioning about Leaders. Those should be some basic stuff a Leader must fullfill, if he / she decided to create a Tribe. Now to lead a Tribe into high rankings, can be hard but it can also be easy. The point is, you'll need to have a good player base.

The players of your Tribe, also represent your Tribe, so while recruiting think that you recruit someone who'll represent your Tribe. You are recruiting someone who'll share his ideas with yours and vice versa. Basicaly you'll chose someone to learn together more.
As the Tribe grows, relations in Tribe grow. They can grow good and also bad. Get rid of those bad relations with dismissals, as you don't want to boost down the morale of the Tribe, because of someone who's always complaing about something. Now that you bounded more, you can start to discuss about future of the Tribe.

Future of the Tribe, the goals, are very importmant. You need to see, what you want to achieve here. Because if you don't, you don't have any goals and your Tribe can't develop in the same way. And the basic of a good Tribe is – same development. So set a goal and go reach for it.

Wars will come sooner or later. You must be prepared on that. You must know that the basic ingridient to even start off playing this game are TROOPS. Troops will present you later on on rankings. Points can only make you a »One day star« and soon also a target of alot of players.
If you lead alone in the war situations, it's too hard. Try to find someone who can help you with it. You don't need to give him any high priviliges, just to share your ideas and let him help you achieve the goals.
When war is declared, plans should be made or the player will end up fighting solo on entire Tribe. Make plans in advance to avoid Thousands of »Help me I need support« Threads in your Support section.
Divide your Tribe Mates onto Defense based players and Attack based players. Always look at the map while doing that – as you must have for example, in 1 Group 3 Defense player and 3 Attack players. So that groups work effectively...

..To be continued.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The Leadership:
From a beginner to Expert

Part 1: Evolving

Have you guys ever thought : »Woow! What a nice Tribe! They're ranked #1 since the begining! And they still conquer anything! I wonder how does the leader do it?!«

Well you asked yourself a good question, but the answer is not only on Leader.
Welcome to the Evolving part of being and Expert Leader or Expert Tribe also known as Elite Tribe.

What does make a Tribe Elite?

~ Leader
~ Players

Or

~ Players
~ Leader

Very difficult choice, but I think you got it. Correct. In an Elite Tribe, there's NO differences in being a LEADER or just a TRIBE MATE. The only difference is that the Leader of Elite Tribe has the most priviliges and most make sure that the Tribe's morale is high. If his Tribe is really ELITE, then he doesn't need to worry about players evolvness.

To have an Elite Tribe is not an easy thing. Here are some Guidelines you could use while creatin one (NOTICE: There are plenty of Guideliness you want to look after):

~ Possess a great History in gaming
~ It's expected to be a Premade (ussualy not Generaly announced)
~ Possess rare skills in using Scripts
~ Possess a history of war winnings
~ Have a well known personality in General Public

Those are some few facts, that make you Elite.

I'm not an Elite. How can I become one?

To become an Elite player, you need to prove yourself. It's like a job. If you want to have a higher position at your jobs, you need to prove your boss that you're worth it. Except that in TribalWars, the boss are the other players playing this game.
So what you need to do, to get a known personality.

Getting a good personality

Your first step are General / External TribalWars Forum. Here you can communicate with the most of players playing all the games. If you want to be marked wide in this game, hang out in the General Sections. General Sections is viewed by entire gaming, on the other side, World Sections are more specifly filled with players playing the same world.
So as you reach General Section, write something interesting. It doesn't need to be a New Thread, a good reply will do. AVOID short comments, AVOID flame, AVOID useless fights, AVOID spam. You don't want to be noticed as a strange new guy, who wants to jump in and be boss to all and out-brain all from sudden.
Check a Thread. Look what it is about. If you're not expert on that subject, just search for other Threads in there, you will sure find one where you can write something back. Write normally, like a mature person. If you fell in discussion with other player, stick with your arguments if you can prove them. If not, admit that you thought that yours was right, but now you know it isn't. There's nothing bad in admitting doing a mistake, it's a part of learning and a part of you becoming an expert / elite player.
From time to time, you'll get to know everything more. Maybe it's a time for you to open a New Thread in General Section. It can be either a Guide, or a Thread you discovered something. i.e.: Barbarian villages growth, Noblemen Bug, Packets > Coins => Either will do, just as long as you know what are you writting. Then wait for the responses. NEVER use words like »BUMP!« or » Can someone please respond?«, they will ignore you even more or just lock your Thread. Sooner or later atleast one respond will come. If it's a props, just thank yourself, if it's a suggestion pay attention to it, if it's something negative – normally discuss that with the player and try to explain your facts.
So now, yo have something. You are noticed by some players. It's time to move on. Go to your home world Section. Check out the discussions. Look for Threads where you can write. There will be a LOT of dissagrements with you at the start, but keep in mind, that you might know more now than others and stick with your words. In Worlds sections, there will ALWAYS alot of contra-comments, as nobody sees the facts same = that's nothing wrong. You might find you're wrong or the other player might admit, that you putt better words in this.

Keep this up. Don't leave Forums. Congratulations you're first step is done = you are noticed. Now let's move on back to your Tribe!

OK. So now I got noticed, but what about my Tribe? How can it become Elite?

Hold your horses my friend. I know you're all hyped-out, because you got some good feedback comments on Externals, but that doesn't make YOU an ELITE PLAYER!

To have an ELITE TRIBE, the leader must be expert in playing and the leader is = YOU!

Aha. But I though I just become Elite by posting those cool posts on Externals! What's wrong now?

Well obviously your comments won't play for you. This is a well known real life concept

Theory is easy, but proving it in practical way => Takes hard work!

You have a Theory. You know how to play. But now you need to translate this in to practical way. You need to show players, that you're not just good with words!

How do I do that?

Join the World you want to play in. Chose a location which benefits you more. No, don't go in core! Ofcourse, you'll get noticed there alot faster – but you can't handle the other players who already reached that level!
So take a place more out of core, but not behind the scenes. Take outter core. (You may find this informations on Forums, which is located where)
Now it becomes hard. As you're NOT a Premade Tribe, you don't have anyone to join you from the start. But nevermind, let's go the next step!

Part 2: From a village to a Tribe

You heard some facts on Forums about discussing Tribes. The Familiar world at the beginings of the World is »Mass Recruitment«. This you MUST AVOID!
You need a Line-Up of good players, player who know how to play, player who think before joining a Tribe, players who can give answers to your questions!
That's what you need.

I just started in World. Should I create a Tribe?

No. Remember: You're not a Premade Tribe! To create a Tribe at the begining is senseless. Wait that your Continent evolves, wait that village and troops grow. The Time for you to create a Tribe is at 400-600 Points with a good Troop back-up.

Why 400-600? Nevermind, I already got it. Should I start sending invites?

Good that you ask. 400-600 points we can talk about some serious Troops already and well builded village. And you need such a village to prove yourself as good player.

And, no. Don't send invites just like that. The Basic thing you need to do is to write a very-well, impresionate inviting letter.

Weird. I played Tribal Wars for some time already, but what is »Very-well, impresionate invitting letter« ?

Don't break your head yet. I've played for a couple of years and don't know everything, the thing is that TribalWars evolves too. There will be always new things to add to your knowledge. Currently the best option for inviting good players, is to send a well written Inviting Mail.
Here is a basic example described:

Hello dear TribalWars Member! / Hello mate! / Good afternoon/, etc.

This is the so-called What-kind-of-person-I-am part.Write a nice start of your letter. Keep it short, but not too short. It's importmant to write a nice »Hello« start. (DO NOT USE: Hi, Hiyaaa there!, Y'ellow!)

My name is Sasuke. I've been playin TribalWars for around 2 years. Now I joined this new World as it suits me with the settings and the player base. I decided to create my own Tribe.

This is the introduction part and the lead-to your Mail meaning. Always remember: You want to keep it plain SIMPLE, do not complete with your »I've been playing for thousands of years and won thousands of wars, and was in thousands of great Tribe and that you know how to snipe a Train how to back time etc etc.« NO! Noone asked you this! KEEP IT SIMPLE! The meaning of your Mail must be viewable from the start and in this part. A short introduction of yourself wont' hurt, but again – DO NOT GO INTO DETAILS IF NOONE ASKS YOU!

I was looking up my Continent for Tribeless players. When I made a list of them, I checked all on TWStats for History. I do know, some join under aliases, but I don't have time to ask all about that.

This is a Make-an-impression part of your Mail. Let the Mail reader think his good and special by being one chosen from you. Plus, he also finds out, that you're not a mass recruiter, as you written that you check everymember up before sending an invite.

Well, you are on my list. And I was wondering if you are interested to join my Tribe. If your answer is Yes, then I might have few more questions / demands. If your answer is No, thanks for reading it and responding.

This is the Head of your Mail. In this part you show him, what you wanted with your Mail and Backed yourself up with answers – because you WANT to get an answer, no matter what that might be!

Thank you very much for reading it through.
Kind Regards,
Sasuke

And finally the Outline. Write something nice at the end, that players sees you're not a douchebag from his block corner.

So now we built up your Inviting Mail. Few facts of being Elite you could learn from it itself, but we'll re-do them in following chapter.

Recruitment

We've got an invitation Mail. Now it's time to use it. However, keep in mind that you want to be a good, expert Leader. So the Recruitment isn't just a walkthrough through the List of Tribeless Continent Players. Let's get more into details.

But who should I invite then? I mean shouldn't I invite everyone who's got good points and troops to my Tribe?

Yes, but there are different players. Your main priority is to do back-up search of players history. You may either request it in your Invitation Mail (ofcourse, if player says »Yes, I'm interested in joining your Tribe«), or you could just check it up by yourself on Twstats.com.
True. You ARE looking for players with points and Troops. But be aware that there are those »One hit Wonders« and you don't want them in your Elite Tribe.

What are »One Hit Wonders« ?

One Hit Wonders are nothing more than players who got High Ranks in early starts, and might also have good amount of Troops, but will still fail at the end, because of the lack of skill and expirience in-game.
Always remember: EACH player may have a PERFECT start! It depends on the Farming Capacity (barb villages, inactives, etc). But later on, everything changes. And the skill will remain, luck will fade.

OK. So I don't want One Hit Wonders. I'm going to check player on TWStats.com. I found some great players with expirience. Should I send them a Mail?

Yes. Do it now. You've found out a little about the players you want to have a Tribe, but still if they want to join – don't send an invite immiedately. You want to make SURE, that the players is still a REAL-DEAL.
We're moving onto Questionaire.

Questionaire is build with questions which you want to be answered. I like to keep questionaires really simple and short. (NOTICE: Many Tribe might use, like 2 pages long Questionare of how would you snipe the Train and BackTime attacks, etc). My ideal questionaire is built with just few questions:

Describe me your Past Expirience with 10 sentences for each World.

Describe me why do you play TW on this World with 10 sentences.

Describe me what are your plans on this World with 10 sentences.

Describe me what kind of player are you with 10 Sentences (be detailed)

This is all I need to know about the player I'm inviting at the start. NOTICE: This is just an EXAMPLE of it, each Tribe / Leader may have it's own Questionaire.

Now it's up to you, if it still impresses you. If Yes, then it's time to click on »Invite to Tribe«.
If it does impress you, but you're still not quite sure, ask him if you can Account Sitt him. Just to check up his village and Troops to see if he's the real-deal.

GREAT! You've got yourself new members! Let's move on!

Tribal Forums

The Main thing good players will check while joining a Tribe, is your Forums. They must be interested and simple. They must containg something what players are looking for and what players would love to read. Hard? Yes.

What should I add on my Forums?

It depends what you want. Depends how did you pictured your Tribe. Depends on your Goals. Depends on how good are you with vocabulary skills. Depends on many things.

OK. So I my goals are: To be #1, To prove players we're Elite, To encourage players to write in Forums, To encourage players to read the Forums, etc. Should I open Tabs like:Goals, Achievements, Spam, General, etc. Or should I stick to the ussual term of use: Annoucments, General, Support, Diplomacy, Spam... ?

No and no. You don't want to have that kind of Forums. Yes, you DO want them to be simple, but don't use old-fashion. You're not an old-school Tribe, you're an Elite Tribe for christs sake!
The problem here is, I can't give you an exact example of the Forums Tabs, but I can share you how I do them.

Annoucments, General, Discussions and FAQ, Games Room

That's all you need. Players don't need to be bothered with Diplomacy Tab at the starts. Player shouldn't have Support Tab at the begining as until noble comes. That's all you need.

Annoucments => For Importmant Topics only,
General => For basic discusions, welcomes...,
Discussions and FAQ => For Game Discusions, Guides or some Game Questions, Farming Tips etc.,
Games Room => For entertainment.

This is the basic start of your Tribal Forums at the begining. Later when nobles come, add Support Tab and Noble Claims Tab + Coordination Tab.

Tribal Diplomacy

To grow spears and swords or to grow Axe and LC? This is the question now. The Diplomacy of a Tribe is very importmant task, because it must fulfill all Tribe members's expectations, which is hard. Some players are agressive and want to fight. Some would rather build more in peace and quiet. It's on you to make the final decision.

OK. But what should I decide? I have like half players are up for some farming wars and other half doesn't want to because they would too many enemies near!

Tricky situation, indeed. But I give you a simple answer: Do not go into any kind of wars at the begining.
You'll probably dissapoint alot of your players, but with a good argument about your decision you won't fail your respect to them.

With what should I back up my decision?

Wars costs Troops. Troops cost Resources. And Resources costs your Time. With going into war, you're lose many days to just recover the losses and other Tribe's players will have alot more points and troops at that stage, because you wasted many time just to clear a village.
And even though if you did cleared it, you might not be able to make it as your farm, because of the lack of Rams and Catapults.
So it's useless to go into wars. You do not prove yourself as an Elite Tribe, if you'll be #1 in ODA rankings.

OK, so no wars. Should I find some good relations in our K?

Good relations, yes. But no official ones. You don't want to have any Bright blue or violet dots on your map yet. Your world is still in development, so you concetrate on development too. Secure as many farms as you can and when everything stableizes and noblemen come, you may search for some official agreements. REMEMBER: Have only 1 Alliance from your K! NOT MORE!

So now I filled my RECRUITMENT, my TRIBAL FORUMS are ok, and my DIPLOMACY works well as expected. What's next for me to do? Just wait to things to develop and chat with my Tribe Mates?

You won't belive me, but yes. That's the best way to do, while you managed all other things we've mentioned before. Just relax and develop your troops and village.

But won't we then fade from our Elite Tribe looks?

You won't as long as you still keep be active in External Forums / General Forums as we mentioned before.

So you mean, I should go and write on there and encourage my players to do the same?

No. Do not encourage players to do that. Sometimes it's better when less players write on Externals, but some player are just eager to do that, so you can't blame if your Tribe mates are like that. It's a very good thing if they do also because that means that they're truely expirienced, as expirienced players do use External Forums.

Part 3: The Ending

What did we learn from this read?
We learned how to be respected.
We learned how to create a good Tribe.
We learned how to act in public.
We learned how to find good players.
We learned some things we didn't know before.

Did we know these things already before?
Yes, we did. But we might forgot on them and now we refreshed them.
Yes, we did. But we didn't managed to fulfill all steps yet.
Yes, we did. But it never hurts to refresh the memories.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

[FONT=&quot]The Guide:[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Closer look into Attack Units[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Many players might find this Guide not pretty usefull, as we will discuss things that many player might already know. [/FONT]But you can never learn enough.

[FONT=&quot]Attack Units[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Before we start to discuss this more detaily, we will be introduced to the attack Units and their Basics.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1.)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Axemen[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
tw-a1.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]OK. Here we see the Basic Costs, Farm needed, Speed and Carrying capacity of the Axemen.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
tw-a2.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Carrying capacity[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] – If you attack a village, carrying capacity means how much will 1 Axemen take resources from that village.
Example:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]IF you would attack village with one Axemen (this is NOT advised!) you would take: 10 WOOD or 5 WOOD + 5 CLAY or 2 WOOD + 2 CLAY + 6 IRON (= alltogether must be 10 of all!)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
tw-a3.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Speed [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]– Speed explains the moving of your Axemen. As we see Axemen have Speed of 18minutes per Field.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This means they need 18 minuted for 1 Field. Field is ONE square on your TribalWars Map.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
tw-a7.jpg
[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (This is one Field)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]However you must be aware that Troops speed depends on Worlds Settings. You will always need to check your Troop Speed by clicking Axemen or any other unit, in your Smithy.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
tw-a4.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Villagers Needed –[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] This explains how much villagers you need to to recruit one Axemen. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The capacity of your »Villagers« you can check in your Farm. For example if you have Farm capacity of 2000, and you used 1570 from it already, you will be able to recruit 430 Axemen – ofcourse if you would like to spend that capacity only on Axemen. Because to recruit one Axemen you need one Farm space.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
tw-a5.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Requirements to research the unit – [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This requirements tell you, which buildings you need to contruct before you will be able even to research the unit.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For Axemen you will need LVL 2 Smithy. OK, fine. But now you see, that you can't build Smithy just like that. So you will need to check the requirements for building up the Smithy. This is: Village Headquarters LVL 5 + Barracks LVL 1.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now can you build your Smithy to LVL 1. However this still isn't enough. To research Axemen, you will need to upgrade it on LVL 2.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]While you do that, you will click on Smithy, and next to the Axemen, you will see »Research«. Then you click on that, and you have your Axemen ready in barrack after the required researching time.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
tw-a6.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Tech-levels[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As you see, in some Worlds you might have this 3 Tech-levels. With each upgraded LVL, your Axemen become Stronger.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But the questions is, is it usefull to research LVLs? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and How does this actually work in attack?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1.)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Is it usefull or not, it's more or less on you. But let us just check the details about it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We see that LVL 1 Axemen (the basic research) has 40 Offensive Strenght. At LVL2 that increases to 50.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But for LVL 2 Axemen you will need to pay: 2.800 WOOD + 3.360 CLAY + 3.280 IRON[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] So let's check up. For that ammount of Resources needed for LVL2 you could [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]get 46 LVL 1 Axemen which means 46x40 = 1840 Offensive Strenght together.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If we take for an example, that you just started this world or in the middle and have arround 100 Axemen, what would happen.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]100 Axemen[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] with LVL 2 Reasearch have 5000 Offensive Strenght together[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]146 Axemen[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] with LVL 1 Reasearch have 5840 Offensive Strenght together[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So basically if we're talking about Researching at the begining, it's surely doesn't have any use or benefits. It's just takes you the resources you could built for more Axemen. (NOTICE: While battling, the amount of troops ratio is also importmant and has influence – another reason why rather reqruit more Axemen at the start)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My suggestion and recomendation is:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Reasearch your LVL 2 Axemen at around 500-1000 Axemen. Why?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As said, for the amount of Resources needed to reasearch LVL 2 Axemen you can get 46 LVL 1 Axemen.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now lets compare again.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]500 Axemen [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]on LVL 2 have 25000 Offensive Strenght[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]546 Axemen [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]on LVL 1 have 21840 Offensive Strenght[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So you see, that now, it IS usefull to reasearch LVL 2 Axemen at 500 capacity of them![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Same goes for LVL 3 Reasearch Technique:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My suggestion and recommendation is to reasearch LVL 3 Axemen when you have 1700+ Axemen. Why?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For LVL 3 you need more resources to reasearch. For that amount of resources you could get 186 Axemen LVL 2.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1700 Axemen on LVL 3 have 9[/FONT][FONT=&quot]5200 Offensive Strenght[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1868 Axemen on LVL 2 have 93400 Offensive Strenght[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you have less than 1700 Axemen, you still can research LVL 3 Axemen, but it's not as good as you would wait till you have 1700 of them. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1.1)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Attacking with Axemen[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now let's check up at the closer look at the attacking with your Axemen. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What is the best way your opponent to defend against Axemen?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]How many Axemen defeat X amount of Defensive Troops?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What influence has the Wall on Axemen?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]These and other questions will be explained in further analysis.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Best Defense Against Axemen: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Best defensive unit against Axemen are Swordsmen.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
tw-a9.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]These are the Stats of a Swordsmen [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
tw-a10.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And these are from Axemen.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot](NOTE: We will take all as LVL 1 Research Tech! We will take Example of battles WITHOUT WALL LVL and WITHOUT USING PALADIN!)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You will ned 3 Axemen to defeat 1 Swordsmen.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now let's explain that.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As we see, Axemen have Offensive Strenght of 40. On the other Side Swordsmen have Defensive Strenght against Infantry 50.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Calculations:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Basically you will need 2 Axemen to Defeat 1 Swordsmen, because: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]40x2 = 80 OS (O-offensive S-strenght)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50x1 = 50 DS (D-defensive S-strenght)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]BUT,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We can't ignore both units's Attack (for Swordsmen) and Defense (for Axemen) stats![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Axemen have 10 Defensive Strenght[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Swordsmen have 25 Offensive Strenght[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So if you attack with 2 Axemen (80 OS and 20 DS) and the defender has 1 Swordsmen (25 OS and 50 DS)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]80 OS (Axemen) against 50 DS (Swordsmen) = DS (Swordsmen) Losses[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]25 OS (Swordsmen) against 20 DS (Axemen) = DS (Axemen) Losses too [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]However if you attack with 3 Axemen against 1 Swordsmen, you will win with 2 loss of your 1 Axemen[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3x40 = 120 OS (Axe)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1x50 = 50 DS (Swords)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3x10 = 30 DS (Axe)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1x25 = 25 OS (Swords)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]120 against 50 = 120 wins[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]30 against 25 = 30 wins[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You will need 22 Axemen to defeat 1 Swordsmen WITHOUT LOSING ANY AXEMEN IN ATTACK![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](Here you will need to remember the Ratio of Troops, which has influences in battles)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1.2)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Axemen against Wall[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Maybe you are lucky and Opponent you're attacking doesn't have any Defense or Attack units in his village.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]However, he might have built his Wall up. Wall is used for Defense bonuses and for Defence itself.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now lets influence of Wall on attacking Axemen.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]WALL LVL 1 vs 1 Axemen[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Your Axemen dies.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Wall LVL 1 vs 22 Axemen[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]All of your Axemen survive at this amount![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Did you realized something?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CORRECT! Wall lvl 1 acts SAME in Defense as 1 SWORDSMEN! Great, isn't it?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now let's see, if this is just a coincidence, or a fact that Wall has same Defense as Swordsmen:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you would like to survive with all of your Axemen against 2 Swordsmen, you would need 109 Axemen![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
tw-a11.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Let's check how is it with Wall. Do we need 109 Axemen to defeat LVL 2 Wall with NO losses?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
tw-a12.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
tw-a13.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]CORRECT![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
It is TRUE – WALL's DEFENSE IS SAME AS SWORSMEN DEFENSE!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you think I'm making this up, you always have your simulator to check it. If there is only 1 unit less in Axemen (that is 108) you will lose 1 axemen in fight against 2 Swordsmen or Wall LVL 2.

Hope I helped some of you.

Sasuke
[/FONT]

DeletedUser

[FONT=&quot]Closer look into:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]»The Begining Guide«[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]How to start well

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Part 1: Your Village

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Among many Begining Guides, I decided to take a try on my own. The development on this one is based on my expirience and my suggestions. This Guide is not considered as the only one to folow, but an add to other players to check which one could suite them best or even share informations from each Guide.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please enjoy the read.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hello dear readers![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Today I decided to take a look onto the very-own Begining of playing on TribalWars. There are many players, I also count the expirienced players from the W1 and on – because when each new World opens – everyone get's a NEW begining. So let's check out some details.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hello Sasuke.., I just wanted to ask, what should I build first in my village?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] What to build first is easy question – in words. But in practise, it's a difficult choice. To chose what to build or upgrade first, you need to decide on what will you concetrate. Here are SOME steps you could chose first:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Light Cavalry [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Spear farming Rush[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Axemen farming Rush (I'll skip this one in this Guide)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Resource Lvl Rush[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Academy Rush (merged with Resource LVL Rush)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Those are few steps you could chose. I recommend to chose only one for the first time, but for you, I'll detail each of those. Let's go![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Light Cavaly: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Because I love Farming[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Light Cavalry is the most attracted step for each expirienced player. It gives you advantage on resource as you will farm alot. However there are also few negative sides on this one. Although Light Cavalry is the most recommended first step, you can't slip out the very importmant thing: Do you have any barbarian village near you?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Exactly. Light Cavalry is HOWEVER STILL EFFECTIVE, even if you DON'T have much barbarian village around you – but it won't benefit you in the early start. Why? Simply because you need quite lots of resources to get to the Stables and research + recruit Light Cavalry.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What are Light Cavalry?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Light Cavalry are offensive cavalry unit on TribalWars, with good amount of capacity.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What do I need for Light Cavalry?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For Light Cavalry you will need to build Stables onto LVL 3. But to build Stables you'll also need to upgrade your Village HeadQuarters onto LVL 10, Barracks onto LVL 5 and smithy onto LVL 5.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Light Cavalry Short-Guide:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Village HeadQuarters[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
vhq-1.png

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] The first step is Village HeadQuarters, as it needs the most LVL to be upgraded. Let's take a look. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Village HeadQuarters is obviously a very importmant building in your village. It's effect of reducing upgrading times will be more importmant in the higher upgrading stages. But for our Light Cavalry Guide, we need only LVL 10 of VHQ (= I'll use this short-term in future). [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] As we see the VHQ needs the most of WOOD for upgrading. So that means we most not forget on upgrading Wood Pit. Enough of details on VHQ, let's keep it short.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Some Information:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Wood needed to LVL 10: 3145[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Farm space needed to LVL 10: 21[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Barracks[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
barracks-1.png

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Second stop we make at Barracks. For our Light Cavalry Guide we need only LVL 5 of it. The Effect of upgrading barracks is reducing the recruitment time. (This is recommended to be fully upgraded once you hit noble stage or more in future).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] We also notice that to upgrade barracks we mostly need WOOD, again. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Some information:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Wood needed for LVL 5: 1674[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Farm Space needed for LVL 5: 13[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Smithy[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
smithy-1.png

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Our final stop before building Stables is upgrading the Smithy onto LVL 5.With upgrading Smithy lvls, it will allow you to research more different units.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Smithy takes the most of IRON to be upgraded.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Some information:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Iron needed for LVL5: 2008[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Farm space needed for LVL 5: 37[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Ok so now we found out which of resources are needed the most to upgrade our building onto the LVL, which will give us our Stables.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Begining Guide:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] This Guide is based on my personal expirience, suggestion and recommendation. This Guide doesn't need to suite all players, it can be used also as an idea spot for changes.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Let's say we start from 0 LVLs, as we joined early.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp to LVL 1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit to LVL 1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Iron Mine to LVL 1[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp to LVL 2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp to LVL 3[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Upgrade VHQ to LVL 2.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Clay Pit to lvl 2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp to LVL 4[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Upgrade VHQ to LVL 3.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit to lvl 3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp to LVL 5[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Iron Mine to LVL 2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit to LVL 4[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp to LVL 6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit to LVL 5[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Build barracks.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot](Optional: If you have some barbarians or abandoned villages near you – recruit some SpearFighters to use them as Farming units – but check the ending of this Guide to make sure how much of them you'll need).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp to LVL 7[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit to LVL 6[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Iron mine to LVL 3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit to LVL 7[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp to LVL 8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit to LVL 8[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Timber camp to LVL 9[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Iron Mine to lvl 4[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp to LVL 10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit to lvl 9[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Upgrade Barracks to LVL 5.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot](Notice: If you did chose the SpearFighters farming method, do continue to farm while upgrading -> but still wait until you read through the whole Guide).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Iron mine to LVL 5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit to LVL 10[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Build Smithy and upgrade it to LVL 5.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Build Stables and upgrade them to LVL 3.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Research your Light Cavalry when you have enough Resources.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NOTICE[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]This is NOT a Fast Guide to Light Cavalry! This is a basic Guide how to get to the Light Cavalry on the most EFFECTIVE and PROFITABLE way![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] We're now moving onto our next step. It's turn for Spear Farming Rush.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Spear Farming is some kind of basic of the new players. Though they might not expirienced and don't know how to exactly play this game, they do notice that units are needed in this Game. But actually, we can use those units into our privilige even better = farm with them.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Spear Farming Rush: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Why let farms grows![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Spear Fighters are actually a defensive unit. Strange? Yes, it does sound strange. You are probably wondering, why would you use defense unit to attack someone?
Don't worry, we have all prepared for you.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Spear Fighter short-Guide:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] To get SpearFighters, you need only to build up your Barracks. To do that, you only need to upgrade your Village HeadQuarters onto LVL 3.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You can scroll up for the picture of upgrading VHQ, as I don't want to put to many images into this one.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So basically what we need is WOOD[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Begining Guide:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp 1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit 1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Iron Mine 1[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp 2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit 2[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]VHQ to LVL 2.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp 3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp 4[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]VHQ to LVL 3.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit 3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp 5[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Build your barracks.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Voula! That's it. You've got your barracks and you can also start to recruit your Spears. MORE ON DETAILS WILL BE DISCUSSED AT THE ENDING OF GUIDE![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Resource LVL Rush: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Better Buildings for Lower Prize![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Many TW Player consider Resource LVLs as some-how »Importmant« thing, but I will bold it: It is VERY IMPORTMANT![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Maybe I'm that kind of player, but I never managed to get a good start with LC Rushing or Spear Fighter Farming, without having a great back-up with Resources ( That you could see in previous LC Guide ).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Resources are your MAIN source of getting ingridients to upgrade your buildings or to recruit your Troops. That's why they are very importmant.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] If you a player, who likes to get the troops and start the hell-out at the very begining, you probably won't look after the Resources too much – you'll just rush to your Troops. => This kind of player will be ranked very high at the beginings, ussualy they take #1 spots. They can last there, but mostly they fail later at the noble stage.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] If you a player, who likes to grow more in not-so aggresive way, but still like troops you would like to take a look further into this.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You always blabber about »Resources are very importmant...blablabla«, but can you give me an actualy reason to belive that?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] If you are so eager to get a direct answer, I could give a try. Although the very-own your playstyle can give you the right answer. But let me share my expirience with this Guide.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] I build resources up, because I always like to have back-up in resources. I can never be sure enough, if I have neighbours who started earlier, and evey if they did start 5-10minutes earlier, that's a BIG advantage to them, if they LC Rush. If they do, they will attack me, and could wipe me out. That's why I need back-up, to re-pay those lost troops and build even more quicker![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Later on. Soon you'll reach the stage when most of the players will start getting to Academies. Now if you read my Light Cavalry Profitable Guide, you'll be in a big advantage from those who rushed to troops.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But let us not say that as 100 precent sure, there are ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE exceptions. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]They will have more Troops then you – but you'll have higher resources LVL's, which will guide you the best way to the Academy. Others will try to get their resources with farmings – but that could take longer, depends on Farms and how far are they from you. But don't forget that you've got your own Light Cavalry too![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Resource LVL Short-Guide from LVL 10:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Let's say we've stopped at Timber Camp LVL 10, Clay Pit LVL 10 and Iron Mine LVL 5.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit LVL 11[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp 11[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Iron Mine 6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Iron Mine 7[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit 12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Iron Mine 8[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp 12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Iron Mine 9[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit 13[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Iron Mine 10[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp 13[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit 14[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp 14[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit 15[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp 15[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Iron Mine 11[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Iron Mine 12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit 16[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp 16[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Iron Mine 13[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Iron Mine 14[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Iron Mine 15[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit 17[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp 17[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit 18[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit 19[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp 18[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Iron Mine 16[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit 20[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Iron mine 17[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Iron Mine 18[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Iron Mine 19[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp 19[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]OPTIONAL: Clay Pit 21, Timber and Iron to 20.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Timber Camp LVL 20[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
res-1.png

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Clay Pit LVL 21[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
res-2.png

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Iron Mine LVL 20[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
res-3.png

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Let us discuss before I quit write on this one. You can see the production rate per hour on this one.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Academy:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
aca-1.png

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]847 per Hour Timber Camp[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]986 per Hour Clay Pit[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]847 per Hour Iron Mine[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Wood needed: 15.000 Calculation: 15.000 / 847 = 17 Hours[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clay needed: 25.000 Calculation: 25.000 / 986 = 25 Hours[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Iron needed: 10.000 Calculation: 10.000 / 847 = 11 Hours[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] You see... that if you had ZERO resources, you'll need only 1 day to gather enough resources to build your Academy. Ussually players don't have 0 resources, so count in – that with your farming, you can get your academy BUILT in 1 day.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]End of Part 1: Your Village

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To be continued: In the next Part we will check more detailed into our Troops and Farming. So stay tuned.[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.