SCI declares war on VVV

DeletedUser

Gammlen: I've been reading your posts on VVVk/TNE versus Sci(RON). You are carrying on about a very dated war which I do understand is something everyone around here likes to do. (It kinda makes for dull and boring reading most of the time). Basically I just thought I might point out that 90% of all those players in that war returned or have now left and joined VVV.

I fail to see how you can claim any glory about that as the players involved found Sci to be a complete failure to them and hence bailed to better and brighter pastures. That cannot in anyway be considered a victory for Sci, only a pathetic failure from Sci to lose a whole branch of their tribes' family.

VVV has been a little slow with the current stats that can be seen, though Sci IS a very long way behind VVV if you choose to count these old battles as we swallowed a huge chunk back then.

DeletedUser

Gammlen: I've been reading your posts on VVVk/TNE versus Sci(RON). You are carrying on about a very dated war which I do understand is something everyone around here likes to do. (It kinda makes for dull and boring reading most of the time). Basically I just thought I might point out that 90% of all those players in that war returned or have now left and joined VVV.

I fail to see how you can claim any glory about that as the players involved found Sci to be a complete failure to them and hence bailed to better and brighter pastures. That cannot in anyway be considered a victory for Sci, only a pathetic failure from Sci to lose a whole branch of their tribes' family.

VVV has been a little slow with the current stats that can be seen, though Sci IS a very long way behind VVV if you choose to count these old battles as we swallowed a huge chunk back then.

The failure is not on SCI IMHO, the failure is on those players who changed sides for whatever reason to justify their actions. Bailing to a better and brighter pastures is one way of looking at it. Another way could be to have you wonder if they may again bail when the chips are down. As one of your top fighters has said over the summer the war is still early and a lot can happen over the next 2 to 4 years (not sure if my back of the envelope calculation is correct but given the magnitude of the number of villages involved I am likely close).

I am not sure that this is really the continuation of that war but if you believe it is then fine, maybe I can find a way to adjust my Db to account for those lost villages - actually there is a way but the question is do I really want to take the time to do that. So, if I adjust my Db do I include just the villages you took or do you insist that I also include the villages from players that jumped ship?

DeletedUser

Stats shmats.. sometimes you need to eat a shtat, corn and all.

Good example is Ceo_fry who was under severe fire when he was invited to SCIOVA. They could have waited a week until his villas were taken, but who can be arsed.

DeletedUser

I got no idea where to put this, so I'll just put it here

W5170909.jpg

wigsplitter

Sticky: Auto Updated Maps (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)

About the third topic down.

DeletedUser

As gherilla said that one is locked, also, sorry for the dark green of V V V+ it looked brighter when I worked on it then when it was compressed during upload. Suppose it blends a little much with the background now.

DeletedUser

The failure is not on SCI IMHO, the failure is on those players who changed sides for whatever reason to justify their actions. Bailing to a better and brighter pastures is one way of looking at it. Another way could be to have you wonder if they may again bail when the chips are down. As one of your top fighters has said over the summer the war is still early and a lot can happen over the next 2 to 4 years (not sure if my back of the envelope calculation is correct but given the magnitude of the number of villages involved I am likely close).

I am not sure that this is really the continuation of that war but if you believe it is then fine, maybe I can find a way to adjust my Db to account for those lost villages - actually there is a way but the question is do I really want to take the time to do that. So, if I adjust my Db do I include just the villages you took or do you insist that I also include the villages from players that jumped ship?

Gday Daft how are you today :) I see that you have replied to my post and I wonder what you mean by Db? is it Data base? Anyway I wouldn't have included it myself but was just pointing it out to Gammlen as he was boasting about it. He was using it as ammunition to try and win an argument and I wanted to point out to him how his whole idea on it was flawed. :)

Slowly but surely more and more of my VVV companions are waking from their slumber (myself included). This war will soon become more exciting and less one sided :)

DeletedUser

Gday Daft how are you today :) I see that you have replied to my post and I wonder what you mean by Db? is it Data base? Anyway I wouldn't have included it myself but was just pointing it out to Gammlen as he was boasting about it. He was using it as ammunition to try and win an argument and I wanted to point out to him how his whole idea on it was flawed. :)

Slowly but surely more and more of my VVV companions are waking from their slumber (myself included). This war will soon become more exciting and less one sided :)

Wooo, a reasonable person on this forum, nice. I'm fine today (and yesterday when u posted) how goes it with you? Yes Db refers to a Data Base I maintain by downloading the TW data. I find it easier to keep tabs on the goings on that TW Stats does not easily provide as I can write my own reports on ODA and enemy noble activity. I use it to post to our forums to acknowledge our active members and hopefully to wake up those, using your word, in slumber. Glad you are not interested in including that SCIR0N data as I really did not want to do the work to extract that data.

Yes I have noticed more activity over there in the Northwest - kinda like Siberia to me since I live in the Southeast, almost like whole other universe. Glad to see more activity - surely makes the game a tad more fun. Cheers mate.

The Roman Empire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Stats of the last 3 months of fighting.

Side 1:
Tribes: V V V V V V+
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: SCIOVA SCIR0S
Players:

Timeframe: Last 3 months

Total conquers:

Side 1: 15,150
Side 2: 17,438
Difference: 2,288

image.php

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 2,664
Side 2: 5,451
Difference: 2,787

image.php

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 138,455,606
Side 2: 168,806,157
Difference: 30,350,551

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 26,356,005
Side 2: 54,639,058
Difference: 28,283,053

image.php

DeletedUser18695

TRE gtho of this topic you stupid noob :).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lol GG

is daz still posting up his stats? or has that gone when he quit?

DeletedUser

i think this is a good quote i found on a players profile

"In Germany they first came for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me —
and by that time no one was left to speak up." ~~Pastor Martin Niemöller

maybe on-topic a bit?

Wilky1992

i think this is a good quote i found on a players profile

"In Germany they first came for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me —
and by that time no one was left to speak up." ~~Pastor Martin Niemöller

maybe on-topic a bit?

It may be just me, but... I fail to see how this is relevant in any particular way? :S:icon_confused:

DeletedUser

replies like that may be the reason these forums have been inactive for three days.