Scouting

DeletedUser

Still new to this game and am wondering, I have seen scouts sent at members and when asked why was told it is not to be considered an attack.

And yet when you see the Axe coming at you in 12 minutes it gets your heart pumping and you think ok am I strong enough. Then lo and behold it was just a scouting mission. I guess most first attacks are just scouts and if you are strong enough the second attack never occurs.

One guy said "oh i'm just seeing what my neighbors are up to."

So, overall is a scouting mission a Real Attack or just a Look See

thanks

DeletedUser

Often it is just a look see but it can also be preliminary to a real attack. You should be able to work out that it is scouts from the speed they come in though. I tend to be honest with my neighbours. I scout them because I am looking for people who are inactive since I would rather take a village from someone who stopped playing than take one from someone who put a lot of time into it. I scouted someone yesterday though and he did not accept my reason for scouting him and launched an actual attack so it has to be done carefully.

If someone scouts me I assume they might want to actually attack no matter what they tell me.

Lukie

My philosophy is that if I'm the one scouting, it's perfectly acceptable, but if somebody scouts me, I take it as an act of war. Perhaps unfair, but whatever. :)

Most people consider it an act of war, and it certainly breaches an alliance or NAP.

DeletedUser

My philosophy is that if I'm the one scouting, it's perfectly acceptable, but if somebody scouts me, I take it as an act of war. Perhaps unfair, but whatever. :)

Most people consider it an act of war, and it certainly breaches an alliance or NAP.

Hehe, i share this philosophy..

actually i scout people that might pose a threath to me, so anyone within my area might get scouted,exept Allies and NAP`s.

i send the scouts together with a letter telling them the reason for the scouts..if they dont like it,too bad..im all for self preservation,and im NOT gonna let some punk get ready to strike at my villages..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Still new to this game and am wondering, I have seen scouts sent at members and when asked why was told it is not to be considered an attack.

And yet when you see the Axe coming at you in 12 minutes it gets your heart pumping and you think ok am I strong enough. Then lo and behold it was just a scouting mission. I guess most first attacks are just scouts and if you are strong enough the second attack never occurs.

One guy said "oh i'm just seeing what my neighbors are up to."

So, overall is a scouting mission a Real Attack or just a Look See

thanks

Show them what are you up to:

Have 1 K or more scouts level 3 to be sure that any enemy scouts will be killed

Put to personal text this: "Scouting is considered an attack"

Immediately send all axes and other troops you have on attacker's village.
________
Corvette c5

Last edited by a moderator:

Brbbbq

'curiosity killed the cat'

it'll kill off plenty more before this world is finished too...

DeletedUser1089

Often it is just a look see but it can also be preliminary to a real attack. You should be able to work out that it is scouts from the speed they come in though. I tend to be honest with my neighbours. I scout them because I am looking for people who are inactive since I would rather take a village from someone who stopped playing than take one from someone who put a lot of time into it. I scouted someone yesterday though and he did not accept my reason for scouting him and launched an actual attack so it has to be done carefully.

If someone scouts me I assume they might want to actually attack no matter what they tell me.

Heh, much different strategy. When I scout you, as it is with most people I'm looking to take over a new village, and yours looks pretty nice. Though if you have a big defense you don't have to worry too much. Better to take a 5000 pointer with 1000 spears and swords than a 6000 with 2000 of each.