Searching for an answer...

DeletedUser

You made it this far matey, don't give up :)

i've always wondered whats stopping those rich people in large houses from using their money to help people instead of buying a large house that only 2-3 people live in.

if i had that much money I'd give most of it to the people that dont even have houses :(

Caleb1705

I remember my dad, sister and I were at McDonalds. I was 9, and my dad got a free Big Mac with some special deal. He said he didn't want it, and we looked outside and saw a homeless man walking down the streets. I took the burger and ran out to give it to him. I swear I'll never forget the smile he gave me, and I want to cry every time I think about it. My point is, some people are good hearted, and actually enjoy helping people, just because it's the right thing to do. There's also people who seem to feed off other peoples suffering and don't seem to care what so ever about how they may be affecting others.

If anyone remembers it, there was a spam thread about PANDAS that ended up turning to poverty related discussions. I posted about one of my closest friends, how his dad walked out when he was 3, his mom dying just under a year ago now, and him having to support his spoiled brat brother who seemed to hate every good thing left in his life. I didn't even realize it then, but when I started helping him out with everything, it like rolling a snow ball down a snow covered mountain.

Last year at summer camp (summer '08), we had an event about half way through the week. We as campers could either work alone or in groups, and we were supposed to get a card stamped by certain people. However, it was designed to show us the sacrifices different people around the world had to take to follow Christianity, and it also opened my eyes especially to all the poverty in the world, including America. Each country was a transformed cabin, and outside the cabin representing India I almost got in to a fight with a counselor beause of the way he pretended not to care about all the people dying who didn;t have money. By the end of the night, I was sitting on the railing outisde one of the cabins, listening to my friends talk, when I started to cry my eyes out. This moment gets to me like no other, and I hope I have the memories of it with me for the rest of my life.

I'll rap up here: my point is, some people care for how others are treated, while others don't care about anything but themselves. It's just a sad fact they we'll have to live with so long as sin exists in the world.

MR.MR

Mad Props to you Merlin. Glad to see there are some glimmering lights left in this world.

DeletedUser

Congratz on the courtcase win. This whole thing is a loss for everyone exept Ellie, atm....in time you guys will end up as winners too. First word, first prize from the kindergarten. Highlights will keep coming to you as you move along, it's a pleasure to experience. I'm glad you guys came out on top. Good luck and enjoy.

Bigfeet15

Merlin first off i want to congratulate you for being a good person you have my complete respect. I know it may not be easy to deal with all the bureaucracy but in the end all that matters is the welfare of Ellie and i am positive you guys will provide her a great home and give her a great future, far better then that of her so called parents.

I am happy you guys won custody it can only get better for you and your wife from here and for Ellie too.

DeletedUser

Didnt read this stuff but looks like you have had done good job. :)

DeletedUser

Congrats Merlin, hopefully all goes well from here out. My girlfriend was raised by her grandparents, for some of the same reasons Ellie will be raised by you and your wife. It is not easy..and in fact, when I met her she was well on the road to becoming like that...but for some reason, call it faith maybe? She trusted me, and asked me for advice...i could have said no, and continued doing my own thing, I could have helped her, talked to her and calmed her down and moved on, but I chose to help her become a better person, and I ended up with a relationship. Im sure you will be a great father to her, every person deserves a chance..I have heard people insult children such as Ellie, the children of drug addicts, who have nothing...and it never fails to set off my temper. Everyone deserves a chance, too many people in the world judge a person by the way they look, and then when you say something, they act as if they did nothing wrong, its how society is, and it sickens me :(.

DeletedUser

You know, I look back at everything and I just think how truly lucky my wife and I are to be in the position we were in. The court battle started on August 17th, and at that point, we had Ellie for 2 of the 4 months she had been alive.

We really hoped Kate (the mother) would get help. We tried putting her through rehab and getting her the help she needed, but you just can't help those who don't want the help. The constant fighting is just exhausting, especially when it involves family. You never want to drag someone's name through the mud, especially when it is family, but there was no real choice. I am glad that Lindsay's entire family (i.e. Kate the birth mothers family as well) stood behind us. They saw the problems and knew that child had no shot if she stayed with them. Heck, when we first took Ellie in, she weighed less than when she was born. Now, we have slowly brought her up to a normal weight for her age. She has really made up for the lost time, both in physical and mental conditions.

It still deeply troubles me what they said to me. I still can't understand how you can not care about your own flesh and blood. But, it also troubles me that we have such a hard time in such an obvious situation. During the last month I only focused on our case and our situation, but now that I look back, I can't help but think of the other children around the world who could be in better, much better conditions, but can't because of the costs to do so.

Thank you guys for your support and very much for letting me vent. With moving the recent move for the new job, being in a new office with people I don't know, and being so far away from my friends, I really have had no one to talk to or vent my frustrations. While my wife and I talked regularly, she had a much harder time as she had to turn against her own sister. Thus, I had to be the strong one and carry the weight for both of us. I think I did very well, minus the few flare ups, but when he said that to my face yesterday, it took every once of my being to not just beat him into a bloody pulp.

I felt like a brand new person today knowing the fight was over.

5969_526623676771_200001716_3110101.jpg

shes beautiful mate congrats and love her forever and ever

DeletedUser

Seeing the baby puts a smile on my face! :D
She's cute Merlin! GRATZ!!@#!@#!

DeletedUser

I just read through the whole thread and i have actually got tears in my eyes.

It just makes you think about how lucky most of us are, and the nice life that a lot of us have had.

You have done a great thing merlin, i have never really spoke to you much but i have alot of respect to you and many people like you, gave that little girl a second chance. And i must say she is cute, my sister should be giving birth today or tomorrow :) shes started having contractions.