Self Updating Maps

cam sadge

Self Updating Map

Here is some new updating maps. These are made by nickjer. You can also check families and other world maps at http://map.k-io.com/

topktribes.png

toptribes.png

This is done on total points of the family

topavgtribes.png

topnoblers.png

topkplayers.png

topplayers.png

fastnoblers.png

topkaplayers.png

Dominance Map Rules:
A top player or tribe in a continent must have 1,000,000 points
on a single continent to be displayed.

In the player dominance map the villages for the 15 players with
the most points in a continent are displayed (due to color issues).

Nobling Map Rules:
This map updates every 24 hours with the noblings that occured in
last day. If the same village is nobled multiple times, only the
most recent nobling right before the map update will count. The
top 15 tribes are displayed in the background with the villages
nobled in the past 24 hours showing as big squares in the foreground.

Fastest Noblers:
(# villages conquered since first nobled village)/(time since first
nobled village). Basically it shows the rate of ennoblements in
units of villages per day for the fastest players since their first
nobled village.

Just Email me families. I'll update the top 20 ones on my own but i don't really look below that.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Looks like you got the family list initially started, so I will make an exception and update the maps here real fast to show new family listings.

DeletedUser

I like these better than the last ones. The only problem is the dominance one kills the eyes with all the colors.

DeletedUser

Wow, respect man.... I don't understand how anyone can flame this, Well done great job.

DeletedUser

Actually it's not the color... it's the white font... try black with white borders instead if you ever find the time.

DeletedUser

It's cute how the highest point players are skewed to the east side of the map.

Or should I say peaceful.

Krapek

Everything is almost OK, there are some things i could yank about, but i won't. Thanks someone for making this.

And at the below right corner of the map, on the black stripe. it should be MIN points. Not max points.

cam sadge

These are made by nickjer. Not by me i'm just posting and updating families on this worl

DeletedUser

I know it should be min points. I have been pretty lazy at fixing that. I usually give priorities to bugs in the code, and spelling or grammar mistakes are on the bottom of the list.

As for the color of the text being white with black border, it is preferred on most worlds, a black text is actually harder to read. If you look at the maps enough you will get used to it.

As for all the colors on the dominance map, not much I can do about it. I make these maps for a lot of worlds and never saw so many tribes on a single map. The problem is there aren't that many colors that don't blend in with each other. If you want to supply a list of 50 colors that don't clash with each other, then I would be happy to use them. Another fix would be to raise the # points needed in a continent to be displayed. The final option is to go to war with those tribes, and clear up the map some, hah.

Also, I do give the code out freely to anyone who wants it. If you want the maps to look different, then it is fairly easy to edit the php. Eventually I will give out the data for the worlds directly, so people don't need to compile and run the code and can make the maps however they like (e.g., give out top 15 tribes and all of their village locations). But right now I need to watch my bandwidth usage so that the server doesn't shut down my brother's crazy website.

DeletedUser

I meant using black font with white border on the dominance map for the tribes. Strain to read it on the light colored tribes. Meh, either way good work.

And the colors don't nearly blend as bad as they did on the last maps.

HoldMyOwn

this is good stuff, better than the current set we have. The haters are just dumb.

DeletedUser

I love it...lets me take a single glance at where all the even semi important tribes are in the world. Cause lets face it, if you can't even control a single K your not anybody important.