Self Updating Maps

DeletedUser

Yeah I know my maps sucks, but until tango decided to run his maps again, you are stuck with these for now. Hey, at least they are self updating.
(code by nickjer http://map.k-io.com)

edit: I'm switching these to nickjer's map since he have maps for us now and they are probably better.

K dominance:
topktribes.gif
topktribes.png

Top Tribes (based on total points, not top 40):
toptribes.gif
toptribes.png

Top Tribes in Nobling:
topnoblers.gif
topnoblers.png

Top Players:
topplayers.gif
topplayers.png

Player K dominance:
topkplayers.gif
topkplayers.png

Player fastest noblers:
fastnoblers.gif
fastnoblers.png

Top 15 ODA players:
topkaplayers.png

topkaplayers.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Your maps are good, thanks for doing this. Now at least we can see what is going on again.

nad destroyer

Hey anything is better than nothing.

I would add that the top tribes map is based off of all the players points in the tribe, not just the top 40.

DeletedUser48847

Yeah great job! I'll be able to continue what I was doing - updating them for my tribe!

DeletedUser11014

Nice maps, thankyou.

Could a mod sticky this thread?

DeletedUser

Hah, I see you actually learned how to compile the code. You are the first person I know of. But you could credit me for the code :)

But I give you credit for being the first to compile the code :)

Also, did you change the font? Because it looks different, hah.

DeletedUser

Hah, I see you actually learned how to compile the code. You are the first person I know of. But you could credit me for the code :)

ahh nickjer from world 25. I knew these maps were familiar!

DeletedUser198

I have been missing the dominance map, i always like to see how much we are taking over :lol:

DeletedUser

Yeah I should, sorry I forgot to mention it. I didn't change anything, the code is all yours. All I'm providing is the server really :)

DeletedUser

You can change anything you want. I meant for it to be available to everyone, so if I ever quit the game (hopefully not anytime soon), then others can carry on the dominance map making. You can also change the maps to how you fit.

Changing colors is easy, and also changing the sizes of the squares for the villages is easy. And I think you figured out how to change the font, since it looks a little different than mine. I am still working on a method to make it more compact. I just didn't spend that much time making the code pretty since I thought no one would ever use it.

Just for reference though, http://map.k-io.com/ is where the code for making maps is located as well as maps for multiple other worlds. Along with the users who are updating the families on those worlds.

Also if you have any feedback on the code, it would be greatly appreciated. I spent like 10min on the README file, so it definitely is not very concise.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

They are awesome! Thank you so much for making these, they have given me reason to read the forums again. You are the best!

DeletedUser

:icon_cry:I'm a bit teary, it's so...beautiful...

Haha, thanks heaps for the maps! I like the nobling one better that Tango's because it shows where the nobling took place!

Is it possible to put up a 'player' nobling map?

DeletedUser

By the way kokobest, did you manage to setup a crontab so that the maps auto-update each day? Or are you going to manually update them each day?

DeletedUser

Yeah I set up cron already. W22 update at 1:10am, W21 at 2:10am, W23 at 3:10am, I'm only running maps for these 3 worlds for now.

By the way kokobest, did you manage to setup a crontab so that the maps auto-update each day? Or are you going to manually update them each day?