Self Updating Maps

DeletedUser

Pitch Black, this is just a question so dont take it the wrong way. Why is it that you get the final word and the choice over how often the Maps update? Is it not a choice for all of us collectively to make?

DeletedUser84906

I'm changing it back to 1 day. I changed it originally b/c of a request but the more I look at them showing the conquers for 3 days, the more I don't like it.

3 days is better for a world like this one.

@laz: hes the map updater, but yes, it should be a popular choice. If you feel es isnt doing a good job, you can contact nickjer.

DeletedUser

I feel that one day is better; but if the rest of you guys decide it sucks then I don't mind.

DeletedUser

Pitch Black, this is just a question so dont take it the wrong way. Why is it that you get the final word and the choice over how often the Maps update? Is it not a choice for all of us collectively to make?

Here's part of the rules that nickjer has for the updaters to follow:
RULES:
1. In some worlds (such as new worlds) the number of conquers
is slow. So, now the Top Noblers map can show the top nobling tribes
in the past day, 3 days, or week.
2. Default is 1 day.

So this feature is primarily supposed to be used only when the amount of conquers gets slow.. and for this world, they are not. The top five nobling tribes average at least around 30 conquers per day. This is more than enough to show the conquers just for the past day.

The updater's primary job is to make the maps look the best for the conditions of the world whether it's leaving the Top Noblers map updating to show top nobling tribes for the past day, the past 3 days, or the past week. However it does help if the majority of the people in the world are happy with the way it looks. I actually once asked the people of W21 if they wanted it to keep showing conquers for the past day or if they wanted it to be every 3 days and the majority of people said they wanted it to be kept the same. Not much changed in the world from the time that I asked the world and the time that I changed it from 1 day to 3 days. In fact, the conquers possibly went up some overall (I can't remember any numbers from back then and don't have any resources handy atm to check so I'm not certain). I changed it to 3 days by request from one person.. which went against the majority in the first place.. so since conditions have not really changed then I assumed the majority still wished for it to be 1 day.

scarlet ash

from someone who wanted 1 day I now want 3 days :L. The balance has tilted and also for a world such as world 32 where villages are conquered at a much faster rate, the updating maps are set at rank two. As someone who also updates maps just go with the flow :L.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Yes the number is starting to drop off at 283 villages per day but that between 1614 players.
As a world we only just hit 400 at the peak so not that much of a drop as yet.

When we reach the 1/2 price noble stage we will go up. Some of the top players on this world are already nobling at a greater rate than on most other comparable worlds.

scarlet ash stop posting stop blogging & get nobling :)

DeletedUser

those updating maps need to update nao :/

5 minutes Javier....5 minutes.... >.<

DeletedUser74079

is the tw server time different to the forums then because IG its 2:12.

DeletedUser84906

Last time i checked (months ago), the maps were updated at 8.00 a.m server time.

DeletedUser

I was just looking at the map and it has become clear that the lines are drawn.
The only tribes who hold any sort of power on this server and have any chance of surviving to the end are these 6:
1. PnP
2. Panda!
3. ~IMP~
4. Dr. NO
5. IT!
6. The GA
7. Viruis

Outside these factions there is no power, no consolidated territory, no will to fight and essentially no hope.
If I was not in one of these tribes I would quit now.

scarlet ash

I was just looking at the map and it has become clear that the lines are drawn.
The only tribes who hold any sort of power on this server and have any chance of surviving to the end are these 6:
1. PnP
2. Panda!
3. ~IMP~
4. Dr. NO
5. IT!
6. The GA
7. Viruis

Outside these factions there is no power, no consolidated territory, no will to fight and essentially no hope.
If I was not in one of these tribes I would quit now.

At the end of the server there will be two or three major tribes that would only be worth mentioning so I would have these as the most potential:

1. PnP
2. Panda!
3. ~IMP~
4. Dr. NO
5. IT! - if they make the right moves though they could have more potential than Dr. NO perhaps :p
6. The GA - if one tribe is dominant over 70% then there gonna make up that tribes 70% :L
7. Viruis - Same for Virius as The GA

DeletedUser

The world map simplified. Also did an "in 6 months time" but not sure its a good idea to post lol.

worldnow.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: