Self-Updating Maps

DeletedUser

I hear those inactive villes are really difficult to clear, Sam :icon_rolleyes:

your tribe sucks than, my tribe usualy clears all of the inactive vills for others to noble while sitting the inactive account.. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Weeelll maybe you purposely tell them not to clear the villes?? I don't know.... But your ODA must come from somewhere, and it's certainly not from attacking active players :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Weeelll maybe you purposely tell them not to clear the villes?? I don't know.... But your ODA must come from somewhere, and it's certainly not from attacking active players :icon_rolleyes:

u do realize it could come from clearing active players who then get restacked for her noble trains. its a common occurance to restack villas that get cleared and have incomming nobles, atleast in the -MM-/*A* war it is otherwise cadara would already be rimmed.

DeletedUser

cadaras od is mostly coming from villages he already had stacked. most of the other villages that got cleared are just sniping nobles. i heard you had 4 sniped llt...

DeletedUser

cadaras od is mostly coming from villages he already had stacked. most of the other villages that got cleared are just sniping nobles. i heard you had 4 sniped llt...

actually it was 5 b/c i was too lazy and drugged up to time them closely. couldn't really care less though. only sent those so the better timed ones sent from a shorter distance could get thru. more of a distraction. and yes i'm crazy enough and have the resource pool to throw away 6 or 7 full warehouses worth of resources. rarely do i have less than 100k of each resource in all villas and ussually i have 200k of each

DeletedUser

Guys - please don't spam this thread as well otherwise we'll have to create yet another version!

Anyway: LLT, are you going to take BA out of the Apoc family?

DeletedUser

The whole discussion about showing UA as one big tribe does need to be resolved.
I agree that it has merit - it shows their dominance, and really does highlight that the west is theirs.

What it doesn't do is give those who are not up to speed on the latest tribal movements any help with locating each tribe, and assessing their size and strategic locations.

Is there any way we can have a map showing the whole of UA for those who want it, and a map showing each individual tribe for those who would prefer that?

If it is a choice between one of the other I would argue that splitting the tribes up has much more merit, and will be much more useful. The maps are of course designed to be a useful tool for all players.

DeletedUser

Not to worry! I just noticed that bnaujok's maps are still being updated.
They have the view I prefer, so now we have both :)

DeletedUser

Guys - please don't spam this thread as well otherwise we'll have to create yet another version!

Anyway: LLT, are you going to take BA out of the Apoc family?

i'm not the family updater. have enough on my plates, don't need to add more.

DeletedUser

I can't help think that LLT has an agenda here. I was thinking that it was to demonstrate to W18 how large the UA is and unite the anti-UA faction. If anything it seems to be back-firing and hitting the morale of the anti-UA faction.

Either way, speaking as a member of the UA, these maps now have little or no value to me. My tribe is Apocalypse. I want to see how my tribe is doing. Sure the UA presentation is of interest but not as interesting as a view in which Apocalypse, BA and DS are separate.

LLT: You said you are not the family updater, yet you own the original post. I can't imagine changing the families is a very onerous task seeing you unilaterally changed the them in the first place plus they don't actually change that often. However, if your aren't willing to change them, how do I do it?

DeletedUser

I can't help think that LLT has an agenda here. I was thinking that it was to demonstrate to W18 how large the UA is and unite the anti-UA faction. If anything it seems to be back-firing and hitting the morale of the anti-UA faction.

Either way, speaking as a member of the UA, these maps now have little or no value to me. My tribe is Apocalypse. I want to see how my tribe is doing. Sure the UA presentation is of interest but not as interesting as a view in which Apocalypse, BA and DS are separate.

LLT: You said you are not the family updater, yet you own the original post. I can't imagine changing the families is a very onerous task seeing you unilaterally changed the them in the first place plus they don't actually change that often. However, if your aren't willing to change them, how do I do it?

u PM the family updater and i didn't change them in the first place, when i sent him a PM TWA and RKN where still around and i had to tell him the TWA-NE is no longer a tribe, INF-PM is no longer in the -INF- family. thats the changes i had him make.

DeletedUser

Family updater is mar1n3c0rp5 (as seen here - http://map.k-io.com/ )

He is also the person who started this thread.

I made similar points to you Andrew - that the big sea of blue is not very helpful when you want to see the tribes near you, or the tribe you are in, or at war with.

Luckily, last time i checked the other map thread is still updating.

mar1n3c0rp5

Families updated
Code:
Apoc-D,Apoc-W,Apoc-F,TWA-N1,TWA-W,Apoc-U,Apoc-C,RKN-N,Apoc-R,RKN-R
DS-1,DS
[BA],{BA}
*A*,*AA*
-INF-,INF-AM,
FEAR,PAIN,REBEL
LEGION,LgnV2

BA and DS removed from Apoc family

Expect map update in a few hours

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Thanks for the update, much easier to distinguish each UA tribe, rather then the sea of blue. :]