Semi-Updating Maps

DeletedUser

How have I failed you?;)

We will be higher in ranks as soon as we start nobling hopefully.

Nine members is alright...we are still recruiting those we see that would fit in with us, just waiting for those right players.

DeletedUser61336

I would like it to qualify whenever I finish the program, which by the looks of it, should hopefully be within the next few days. The next step would be finding someone willing to host everything, or something along those lines.

DeletedUser

Quick question, are we 100% certain Nickjer will not be making maps for W71? He hasn't completely cancelled maps, because he's gotten donations for a few months already, but I don't want to sticky this then have the other maps show up too.

Also: thank you to krogenth for the work you're putting in to this, it's wonderful to see players care about the state of the game and help it along :). When the program is finished, feel free to PM me or post here, and I'll sticky it (since at that point, it'll be the same as Nickjer's maps anyways, I presume).

DeletedUser61336

Quick question, are we 100% certain Nickjer will not be making maps for W71? He hasn't completely cancelled maps, because he's gotten donations for a few months already, but I don't want to sticky this then have the other maps show up too.

Also: thank you to krogenth for the work you're putting in to this, it's wonderful to see players care about the state of the game and help it along :). When the program is finished, feel free to PM me or post here, and I'll sticky it (since at that point, it'll be the same as Nickjer's maps anyways, I presume).

I am making the program for the worst case scenario in that Nickjer completely stops making the maps. I know that he's still doing them, and I don't think he'll be done 100% any moment soon. But I'd rather be safe than sorry.

As for how similar the maps will be, that will be difficult to say, I am most certainly not the best at programming, least of all C#. But for the most part, it should all be very similar to what he makes for us already.

Also, if there's anyone familiar with the C family, and would like to help, I would not mind at all having another set of eyes making sure things are at their best. :)

DeletedUser61336

I know this is a double post, but I honestly don't care too much. I've talked enough about how I was making a program for this thing, and I have been. And as I had said before, it will take a few more days, maybe more.

But I've talked enough game about this thing, so I decided to start releasing what I have created a bit early on(it still isn't finished, sorry :()

Anyway, for those that are interested in seeing the files and such, you can go here.
I'd also like to say sorry to anyone that attempts to understand this code. I know it's the biggest pile of spaghetti imaginable, but it was a learning experience and I actually enjoyed it so far, and that's what I care about for the most part.

DeletedUser109389

so, where do we go to see it? Do we click on the link?

DeletedUser61336

That's correct, it's a simple zip file, anything of windows XP(I think) or older will be able to automatically unzip it. There will be 4 files inside: the source code, the .exe, a .dll, and a readme.

Edit: Please understand. This was a pre-mature action on my part, in the attempt to show that I was indeed making this for you guys. That was really all it was meant to be. It doesn't create maps yet, all it does right now is download the needed files and store the data needed to create the maps.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109389

so no point in downloading it then if im interrested in maps:p

Too lazy to do actual work, lol

DeletedUser61336

It was merely to let you guys know that rather than just say I am doing it, you guys can see that I am doing it. Sorry to disappoint. :(

tman93

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
It was merely to let you guys know that rather than just say I am doing it, you guys can see that I am doing it. Sorry to disappoint. :(

Don't stress so much about displeasing everyone else. We're all glad that you're working and I'm doubtful that anyone thought you weren't working on it actively. :)

DeletedUser61336

Don't stress so much about displeasing everyone else. We're all glad that you're working and I'm doubtful that anyone thought you weren't working on it actively. :)

I've honestly been working on it enough to keep myself up to 1am each night with early morning classes. :D

DeletedUser109389

I wasnt complaining at all, i'm glad someone his doing this.

I downloaded but couldnt open the file for god knows why?

Sorry if I came out like disappointed or something,

DeletedUser

@Krogenth Please update the maps.

@Moderator Till regular auto updating maps thread is posted can we have this maked as important.

DeletedUser61336

I haven't even finished what I wanted to get done. ;(

EDIT: Seems nickjer has added W71 to his list.