Semi-Updating Maps

DeletedUser

WTB zoom out please... only a few million points not on the map o.0

Repinski

I'll email nickjer and see if I can get added as a map mod for this world since you guys appear to be in desperate need of some zoom editing.

Repinski

Nickjer has added me as map mod. I'll start tweaking the settings for you all. If you'd like anything specific post here or pm me.

What kind of time do you guys want on the nobling maps? 1 day, 3 days, or one week?

I've bumped the zoom out to an 8x8 from the 4x4 it was for the next update. If this is too large or two small I'll adjust accordingly don't worry.

Last edited:

DeletedUser105718

3 days as ops don't only happen over a short period of time.

Also, could you zoom in a tad? World won't really grow to the current size that you put up.

Repinski

Yeah like I said I'd adjust the zoom as needed. Went to 8x8 to see if that was too large or not. Going to shrink to 6x6 now. Will also move the nobling maps to a 3 day scale.

DeletedUser104264

Yeah like I said I'd adjust the zoom as needed. Went to 8x8 to see if that was too large or not. Going to shrink to 6x6 now. Will also move the nobling maps to a 3 day scale.

Thank you!

Repinski

To add some clarity as to why the maps have ceased working: Tribalwars updated their systems and went from http to https. Due to this nickjer's extremely old code will no longer work properly. Because he works two jobs he has no intention to attempt to fix his code. (I've spoken to him previously about updating his code and back then he couldn't even do it due to forgetting the specifics of how it worked. This was a topic about adding maps to his database and took place over two years ago.)

He claims many people want his job as is as a map updater and so he is going to let them take over his spot. He';d give out his code but due to the mess that it is, he thinks it would be best if someone else just wrote a new, less sloppy one.

Hope this adds some clarity as to why these maps are no more. In a week, I will be officially requesting that this thread is closed until someone either provides me with new auto updating maps to place here, or Nickjer has a change of heart and rewrites his code while working two jobs.

Kind Regards,
~Repinski