Senile Grandmother Unaware of Contradiction

ashoka1

Just to let newer players know ,how to play p2w worlds

Its my first P2w world playing seriously.My last one was 73 & i tried my hands on 86 just to learn the basics on how to use p2w features

In my opinion ,one player needs only 650 PP when he starts to start the premium & extra resource feature which he can make back in next 10 days while also be a top account if they are active and farm properly.

The trick is to farm more then your neighbors and sell 10% of your farmed resources in market from 10th day onwards to make PP.This PP you can use to Speed up things or reducing construction Cost by 30%.After a certain stage this reduced cost of upgrading buildings is way more then 30 PP you spend.You can then sell resources thus saved in PP exchange to save for Cost of coins or nobles.

so when you get academy ,you can get resources for 2-3 nobles in 2 hours depending upon warehouse size.

However all this is possible only & only if you farm.For that you need to make troops and not pits.

I got my academy when i had Pits below 18/19 if i remember correctly.But i was farming way beyond the resources level 30 pits would have given me.

This is just what i learned in last few months & ofcourse there will be guys who would know better then me about how to use P2w features.

I am a noob & may be i am not perfect & certain improvements are needed here ,but just thought about sharing my experience with community so newer players can try this and become better.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
However all this is possible only & only if you farm.For that you need to make troops and not pits.

This is the only part I disagree with. Many people learn that farming is more efficient than mines and then neglect their mines.

A = Farming Income
B = Mine Income

A>B

This does not change the fact that: (A+B)>A

The two should complement each other, just because you farm does not mean you should not also raise your mines. This is especially true for solo accounts. I make much more res per hour from farming than I get from my mines (farmed 28,433 res today, gotten 6,756 from my mines thus far), but my mines generate resources 24/7, I am not farming 24/7.

ashoka1

This is the only part I disagree with. Many people learn that farming is more efficient than mines and then neglect their mines.

A = Farming Income
B = Mine Income

A>B

The two should complement each other, just because you farm does not mean you should not also raise your mines. This is especially true for solo accounts. I make much more res per hour from farming than I get from my mines (farmed 28,433 res today, gotten 6,756 from my mines thus far), but my mines generate resources 24/7, I am not farming 24/7.

Accepted ,However it depends on your location.If i was in a hostile area would have upgraded pits as well just to be safe if got attacked while sleeping or backtimed.However i was lucky to be surrounded by tribemates which gave me safety.

As for resources from mines ,ROI on investment in Mines is way too less compared to Farms & troops.Thus i maximized my return by investing in LC.I think i was the first to have 3000 LC in k45,behind only Ghio1 in w87

however you are right,for newer players it will be better to have a mix of pits & troops.

oheinen66

As much as I'd like to agree, there is a factor even more important than pay to win, that is tribe. Granny, whenever she wants, can just message her tribe and get half a full D. She can go to your "in a day" score every day and get that delivered to her from her tribe that happens to have some of the top farmers in the world in. Add in other factors such as catapults straight out of BP and you are looking for a nightmare. Alessoninpointwhoring, I understand you are trying to reassure this guy, saying that it is possible if you are good enough to outplay pay to win and perhaps that is the case. It is naive thinking though.

The only reason King Bobble survived as long as he did was to grow a village for Granny to take. Simple as that.

Granny would have won in a non-P2W world given equal skill...and easily. If anything, it would have been even more one sided.

ashoka1

As much as I'd like to agree, there is a factor even more important than pay to win, that is tribe. Granny, whenever she wants, can just message her tribe and get half a full D. She can go to your "in a day" score every day and get that delivered to her from her tribe that happens to have some of the top farmers in the world in. Add in other factors such as catapults straight out of BP and you are looking for a nightmare. Alessoninpointwhoring, I understand you are trying to reassure this guy, saying that it is possible if you are good enough to outplay pay to win and perhaps that is the case. It is naive thinking though.

The only reason King Bobble survived as long as he did was to grow a village for Granny to take. Simple as that.

Granny would have won in a non-P2W world given equal skill...and easily. If anything, it would have been even more one sided.

Though this is a team game & tribe plays an important role.However Its possible to play without tribe & grow.

Just keep in mind that most players dont attack someone double your size,so if you playing without tribe,be active,farm more and be 200% the size of your 20*20 players. No-one will touch you till you start clearing them one by one.Then few of them will start mailing you and would like to be your basher.

DeletedUser118618

Many people learn that farming is more efficient than mines and then neglect their mines.

Tell me one realistic scenario when one does that? or is it one of your imaginary assumptions! Based on which you are making this whole argument

A>B

Another dumb assumption, B can have negative value, and it would make (A+B)<A ; So you might need to prove that B always has a positive value. For which you need to prove that upgrading stables to recruit LC is less efficient than upgrading mines.

I am not farming 24/7.

Is this supposed that makes you special!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116463

This argument is too much for me to handle. Can we nuke each other instead?

Erig

This is what happens when you push nauz to play the "rank 1" card :lol:

DeletedUser113178

Nauz is like Liverpool just lives on past success, hes nothing now, one of them players you would be glad to start near knowing you have an easy village seeing as he will quit a week later.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

The tribal aspect though has little to do with whether a player can compete with p2w. It's just as plausible for a p2w player to lose by going after a player not using such features who gets help from their tribe. I'd consider the tribal aspect to be a wash since both players can be in tribes.

Another dumb assumption, B can have negative value, and it would make (A+B)<A ; So you might need to prove that B always has a positive value. For which you need to prove that upgrading stables to recruit LC is less efficient than upgrading mines.

Your income from mines is never negative. Even if raising stable results in more increased income that's simply a larger increase to A than B, not a negative value for B.

Dr1nk-1t said:
Tell me one realistic scenario when one does that? or is it one of your imaginary assumptions! Based on which you are making this whole argument

I don't make imaginary assumptions. I have seen hundreds of players noble with all their mines below level 10 who boasted that farming was king while doing so. They'd typically have a higher stable than the people that used mines to complement their farming, but they'd be stuck at 20 HQ, unable to afford anything higher while the people with lower stable could raise their HQ much much higher (as in, level 27) while still easily being able to afford constant queues. LC are nice and all, but when your farming radius is huge each extra LC results in much less gained res hauled per day than the first few gain since to get full hauls you're sending them much farther away. Not to mention that higher stable isn't just more lc to farm with, it's also more res needed per hour to maintain constant lc.

Nauz is like Liverpool just lives on past success, hes nothing now, one of them players you would be glad to start near knowing you have an easy village seeing as he will quit a week later.

You're more than welcome to start near me. With the new relocate item you can join my tribe on a world of your choosing and then relocate to be near me. Easy for people like you hiding behind aliases to talk shit when you have noting at stake.

Last edited:

Mr. Cringer Pants

A = Farming Income
B = Mine Income

A>B

This ^^

And the sooner you get your mines up the faster they pay for themselves. One also won't be farming 24/7 unless massive amounts of people on the account so having decent/good mine levels is going to offset any down time. There is a balance between farming and mines but you cannot neglect one and rely on the other.

There is also a balance on what to build. Do you up your stable or up your mines? If you can't keep LC in queue what good is a level 7 stable if you can never put more than 1 or 2 LC in it and there is a 10-20 minute down time. Might as well increase mines with that revenue. Not to mention there are some quest rewards for having larger mines(although some of those quests have changed since I last played).

Michael Corleone.

Nauz, I agree with what you are saying when it comes to farming income and mine income. I know you know how to start up well, and thats your thing. However, not many people, nor myself, care about how many times you've been rank 1 before. The amount of times Ive seen you flop has had a greater impact on what I think of you as an overall player versus the amount of times ive seen you get rank 1 7-8 years ago.

But that is just me. You still know your stuff, and its cool to see you still giving advice and such on these forums. The rank 1 card? Not so much.

Mr. Cringer Pants

But that is just me. You still know your stuff, and its cool to see you still giving advice and such on these forums. The rank 1 card? Not so much.

Cut Nauz some slack, he was defending against someone that called him a moron not just openly being arrogant and bragging.
I think it was a valid argument to had his history in that specific scenerio.

DeletedUser

Your dear old Granny comes to visit the forums to see what her dear Bobble has been writing.
It's no secret that I used PP to boost my start at the rim.

In the core I didn't spend any PP apart from Premium and 20% mines.
I ranked in the sixtees for villages plundered on the regular and grew to 1700 points before a 6500 point player that had PP whored to high heaven with in hours noble distance destroyed me entirely.
I didn't want that to happen again so I utilised PP to get LC faster at the rim.

King Bobble, despite being a PP user in this world, I completely agree that P2W and removed the integrity of the game, not just for new players but for the skilled too. If two equally skilled players go at it, and one of them paid for 2000 pp in the start of the world, as a result getting stables faster and as a result farming faster, then assuming they both amassed villages and greew at the same rate, the P2W player will have had a snowballing advantage. Cutting smithy and farm build time down anyone? You get nobles and a high capped farm 3 days faster than your opponent and he wont live for you to find out he is equally skilled.

I'll happily meet you in another world without p2w and we can see how we go. Maybe I'll maintain rank 10 from start to 1.5mil again, without the whole leaving the game part, or I'll sink as a result of being hit my a more skilled player.

I agree about the p2w Bobble, most do. Although his is definitely a salt post as a result of you being nobled though. I'm sure you will get your revenge though in the expected, super likely attack on me very soon. To address your OP, there never was any contradiction from my account. It was never a secret we used PP to boost our start at the rim.

-D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118618

I don't make imaginary assumptions...

You do, no use denying it!

I have seen hundreds of players noble with all their mines below level 10 who boasted that farming was king while doing so.

Here is some evidence, again from your imagination. * show me 1 such village on world 87, never mind hundreds of them. { anyone who does, I will reward him with 200pp }

... people with lower stable could raise their HQ much much higher (as in, level 27)

Really! I guess such villages are for special people with special needs!

DeletedUser108786

Tbf if you can farm efficiently then pits aren't as important and I have got to nobles before with pits at 15. Pits are only used as your main resource supply in case you can't farm. This could be because you are waiting for a full army to return from farming or using the army for attacking purposes. Anybody who disagrees obviously isn't gaining the most resources they can in the efficient way. I make about 100k resources a day from farming and only 32k from camps.