Senior Thought for the Day

DeletedUser

excellent, well done !

no respect, my parents bought me a dog, so I could have a friend. It ran way ! - Rodney Dangerfield

DeletedUser

I tell u I get no respect, none at all, My mother denied ever having me ! - Rodney Dangerfield

DeletedUser

k, more riddles

Jack and Jill went up the hill

each with a buck and a quarter.

Jill came down with two fifty!

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Warning, the quotes and statements are very nerdy. You may understand some or all of them.

[SPOIL]A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.[/SPOIL]

[SPOIL]Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive.
- Unknown[/SPOIL]

[SPOIL]The code that is the hardest to debug is the code that you know cannot possibly be wrong.
- Unknown[/SPOIL]

[SPOIL]127.0.0.1 is where the heart is.
- n/a[/SPOIL]

[SPOIL]Solid, Liquid, Gas...They all Matter.
- a shirt[/SPOIL]

[SPOIL](mathematician love letter)
Dear love

Yesterday, I was passing by your rectangular house in Trigonometric plane. There I saw you with your cute circular face, conical nose and spherical eyes, standing in your triangular garden. Before seeing you my
heart was a null set, but when a vector of Magnitude (likeness) from your eyes at a deviation of theta radians made a tangent to my heart, it differentiated.

My love for you is a quadratic equation with real roots, which only you can solve by making good binary relation with me. The cosine of my love for you extends to infinity. I promise that I should not resolve you
into partial functions but if I do so, you can integrate me by applying the limits from zero to infinity.
You are as essential to me as an element to a set. The geometry of my life revolves around your acute
personality. My love, if you do not meet me at parabola restaurant on date 10 at sunset, when the sun is making an angle of 160 degrees, my heart would be like a solved polynomial of degree 10.
With love from your higher order derivatives of maxima and minima, of an unknown function.

Cheers

- mathematician[/SPOIL]

[SPOIL]
Dear Tech Support:
Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and resources. In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Poker Night 10.3, Football 5.0, HuntingAndFishing 7.5, and Racing 3.6. I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my favorite applications. I'm thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0, but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0. Please help!

Thanks ...Troubled User
-------
REPLY:

Dear Troubled User:
This is a very common problem. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is just a Utilities and Entertainment program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!! It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 7.0. It is impossible to uninstall, or purge the program files from the system once installed. You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed not to allow this. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under Warnings-Alimony-Child Support. I recommend that you keep Wife 1.0 installed and work on improving the configuration. I suggest installing the background application YesDear 99.0 to alleviate software augmentation.

The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE because ultimately you will have to do this before the system will return to normal anyway.

Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance. Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs, such as CleanAndSweep 3.0, CookIt 1.5 and DoBills 4.2. However, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will cause the system to launch the program NagNag 9.5. Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0, but beware because sometimes these applications can be expensive.

WARNING!!! DO NOT, under any circumstances, install SecretaryWithShortSkirt 3.3. This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system.

WARNING!!! Attempting to install NewGirlFriend 8.8 along with Wife 1.0 will crash the system.

(see Wife 1.0 manual, Apologize, High Maintenance & Secretary with Short Skirt)

- Unknown[/SPOIL]

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Warning, the quotes and statements are very nerdy. You may understand some or all of them.

[SPOIL]A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.[/SPOIL]

[SPOIL]Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive.
- Unknown[/SPOIL]

[SPOIL]The code that is the hardest to debug is the code that you know cannot possibly be wrong.
- Unknown[/SPOIL]

[SPOIL]127.0.0.1 is where the heart is.
- n/a[/SPOIL]

[SPOIL]Solid, Liquid, Gas...They all Matter.
- a shirt[/SPOIL]

[SPOIL](mathematician love letter)
Dear love

Yesterday, I was passing by your rectangular house in Trigonometric plane. There I saw you with your cute circular face, conical nose and spherical eyes, standing in your triangular garden. Before seeing you my
heart was a null set, but when a vector of Magnitude (likeness) from your eyes at a deviation of theta radians made a tangent to my heart, it differentiated.

My love for you is a quadratic equation with real roots, which only you can solve by making good binary relation with me. The cosine of my love for you extends to infinity. I promise that I should not resolve you
into partial functions but if I do so, you can integrate me by applying the limits from zero to infinity.
You are as essential to me as an element to a set. The geometry of my life revolves around your acute
personality. My love, if you do not meet me at parabola restaurant on date 10 at sunset, when the sun is making an angle of 160 degrees, my heart would be like a solved polynomial of degree 10.
With love from your higher order derivatives of maxima and minima, of an unknown function.

Cheers

- mathematician[/SPOIL]

[SPOIL]
Dear Tech Support:
Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and resources. In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Poker Night 10.3, Football 5.0, HuntingAndFishing 7.5, and Racing 3.6. I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my favorite applications. I'm thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0, but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0. Please help!

Thanks ...Troubled User
-------
REPLY:

Dear Troubled User:
This is a very common problem. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is just a Utilities and Entertainment program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!! It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 7.0. It is impossible to uninstall, or purge the program files from the system once installed. You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed not to allow this. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under Warnings-Alimony-Child Support. I recommend that you keep Wife 1.0 installed and work on improving the configuration. I suggest installing the background application YesDear 99.0 to alleviate software augmentation.

The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE because ultimately you will have to do this before the system will return to normal anyway.

Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance. Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs, such as CleanAndSweep 3.0, CookIt 1.5 and DoBills 4.2. However, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will cause the system to launch the program NagNag 9.5. Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0, but beware because sometimes these applications can be expensive.

WARNING!!! DO NOT, under any circumstances, install SecretaryWithShortSkirt 3.3. This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system.

WARNING!!! Attempting to install NewGirlFriend 8.8 along with Wife 1.0 will crash the system.

(see Wife 1.0 manual, Apologize, High Maintenance & Secretary with Short Skirt)

- Unknown[/SPOIL]

haha never seen that last one before. :D

DeletedUser

nice, been married for over 25 yrs, know this all by heart now !

Police: Sir, why were u driving drunk?
Sir: I was too drunk to walk !

Riddle: A boy was rushed into the Emergency Ward from a car accident, where his Dad just died.
The doctor looked at the boy and said " I cannot operate on my son."
How is this possible?

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Riddle: A boy was rushed into the Emergency Ward from a car accident, where his Dad just died.
The doctor looked at the boy and said " I cannot operate on my son."
How is this possible?

It was actually his step-dad that died in the car wreck. The boy's real dad is the doctor. That's my guess.

DeletedUser

The Doctor in the Emergency Ward was his MOTHER ! This was an eye opener and realization for me too !

DeletedUser

yes, could have been. No, Jack did not run away, but left very happy after spending 1.25 for a good reason !

well, I received notification that I have 8 reputation pts. But the message went away, and I do not know how to see it again.
How can I give someone reputation pts?

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
yes, could have been. No, Jack did not run away, but left very happy after spending 1.25 for a good reason !

well, I received notification that I have 8 reputation pts. But the message went away, and I do not know how to see it again.
How can I give someone reputation pts?

To see any infractions or reputation points you have, click on the "User Control Panel".

http://gyazo.com/85d4a11fa1c6cfdacc3e48c6a69ffe83

To add to a person's reputation, click on the little star down in the bottom left corner of that person's post to give feedback on their post.

http://prntscr.com/47id58

DeletedUser

k, thx ! so, the reputation pts do what, exactly?

proposal/request: Can we pls stop using the phrase "point-wh....ing"? Very derogatory, esp, for the ladies. Can we sub it with
point hoarding? sounds similar too!

just an old, old fashioned person thx !

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
k, thx ! so, the reputation pts do what, exactly?

proposal/request: Can we pls stop using the phrase "point-wh....ing"? Very derogatory, esp, for the ladies. Can we sub it with
point hoarding? sounds similar too!

just an old, old fashioned person thx !

I disagree. Point Whoring is not an offensive term. Also, the word "Whore" is not subject to just people of the female gender.

[SUP]1[/SUP]whore

noun \ˈhr, ˈhr\

Definition of WHORE

: a woman who engages in sexual acts for money : prostitute; also : a promiscuous or immoral woman

: a male who engages in sexual acts for money

: a venal or unscrupulous person

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whore

The action of "Whoring" in this terminology:

Point Whoring
Barb Whoring
PP Whoring
Internal Whoring

Means it's something you do a lot of.

See what I mean? When it's said, it is not in a sexual manner by any means. Words only mean what society perceives a word to mean and people are only offended by what they choose to be offended by.