September 2021 | Invent your own building contest!

General Iroh

Forum Moderator
Tribal Wars Team
Contest Moderator
Reaction score
Dear players,

Remember the 'invent a new Tribal Wars unit contest? Here's a chance to get your creativity out of the box again and come up with a new building for the game!
You will name the building, decide what it does, how it works and all the extra details you want to share. (Visuals are not required but would be a great addition).

If you have any questions about the limitations, feel free to drop me a private message.

Rules:

-> It has to sound somewhat balanced. Don't start with buildings who make your wall 20000 times as strong. <-
-> No information is mandatory. What I mean with this, is that anything you add, is a bonus and making your building more clear by adding details, will increase the chances of you winning. <-
-> Be original. Don't include a building that allready exists unless you're going to change it a lot. <-
-> ADD SOME INFORMATION ABOUT THE BUILDING, WHAT DOES IT DO, WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS, ... <-

Last but not least, please note that the forum rules still apply so keep it to one post, per forum account, per submission.

Sign-ups close 15/10/2021, any entries after this date will not count. The winners will be announced shortly after.

You can discuss entries here.

Prizes:

1st place 600 pp
2nd place 400 pp
3rd place 200 pp

We are looking forward to your feedback, which you can leave in this thread.

Your Tribal Wars Team.​

SwedishBlueCheese

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Castle

This building will work like a lategame building that will make super lategame more fun. It will have to be balanced to not be that usefull in early game.

Castle will require these following buildings:

HQ 25
Barack 25
Stable 20
Market 15
Smith 20
Academy 1
Farm 30
WH 30

It will cost 200k of each resource and will cost 1000 pop to build. First castle is free from the start quests. The world needs to be atleast 100 days old and the player building it needs to have atleast 10 vills. The building will take alot of time to build, preferebly something like a week or so.

The castle in its turn will give you 2k pop of temporary troops once called for. Length of those will be somewhat balanced around world settings but goal would be where its something like 5 days of active deployement. The troop then "desserts" and returns to the village to be called in for battle again. The deployment should take a couple hours atleast so its not to abusable on follow ups etc.

The player will be able to choose what those 2k pop gets deployed in so you can for example do 2k axes, spears or w/e unit you want.

This building would help getting the late lategame from being so stale, with more ways to strategize your offenses and defences. It will also make it a bit easier for large players to clear low morale players on rim on domination etc without being abusable on startup. Also makes you having to resorts stacks that are made with bonus troops from this and forcing players to actively use the troops once deployed

Reaction score
Castle

This building will work like a lategame building that will make super lategame more fun. It will have to be balanced to not be that usefull in early game.

Castle will require these following buildings:

HQ 25
Barack 25
Stable 20
Market 15
Smith 20
Academy 1
Farm 30
WH 30

It will cost 200k of each resource and will cost 1000 pop to build. First castle is free from the start quests. The world needs to be atleast 100 days old and the player building it needs to have atleast 10 vills. The building will take alot of time to build, preferebly something like a week or so.

The castle in its turn will give you 2k pop of temporary troops once called for. Length of those will be somewhat balanced around world settings but goal would be where its something like 5 days of active deployement. The troop then "desserts" and returns to the village to be called in for battle again. The deployment should take a couple hours atleast so its not to abusable on follow ups etc.

The player will be able to choose what those 2k pop gets deployed in so you can for example do 2k axes, spears or w/e unit you want.

This building would help getting the late lategame from being so stale, with more ways to strategize your offenses and defences. It will also make it a bit easier for large players to clear low morale players on rim on domination etc without being abusable on startup. Also makes you having to resorts stacks that are made with bonus troops from this and forcing players to actively use the troops once deployed
Question if you cap a village with the castle it will disappear right. I also love this idea

Last edited:

Eakshow McGee

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Question if you cap a village with the castle it will disappear right. I also love this idea
I feel like it should work similar to the Church ^^
I would however prefer it to be HQ20 & Market 20 & not being able to deploy troops unless all criteria is met & CD between deploying troops and them "desserting"... (so its not like Militia without any punishment on production). Like the idea, and feel like something that could replace the stronghold setting ;)

SwedishBlueCheese

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I feel like it should work similar to the Church ^^
I would however prefer it to be HQ20 & Market 20 & not being able to deploy troops unless all criteria is met & CD between deploying troops and them "desserting"... (so its not like Militia without any punishment on production). Like the idea, and feel like something that could replace the stronghold setting ;)
The units deployed can be sent as attack/support etc so its not really like militia. Idea is to make it so you can call them in for a OP. Dont know if its would be bonkers OP for the attacker or defender depending on the CD between being able to call them in.

Idea is kinda like stronghold but playerbased, maybe use it somewhat like paladins and a mix of church. You get a castle for every 25 vills you get but you cant build them closer than 10 fields from eachother?