September Tribemates Story Contest 2019

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Dear players,

For this month's contest, we want to hear your stories about your favourite tribemates.

Please note that the forum rules still apply. Keep it to one post, per forum account, per submission.

The story shouldn't be an insult towards others and more so should be a fun and mesmerising story. Perhaps one of your tribes mates fell asleep as their desk before their sends were due!

The story must also be related to Tribal Wars, any stories posted that aren't related to Tribal Wars won't count and the post may be deleted.

Additionally, for extra context please make sure to note the tribemates player name and world the story occurred on.

Sign-ups close 30th September 2019, any entries after this date will not count. The winners will be announced after the 30th September 2019.

You can discuss entries in this topic.

Prizes (Writers):
1st place 500 pp
2nd place 300 pp
3rd place 200 pp

Prizes (Tribemate):
1st place 350 pp
2nd place 150 pp
3rd place 100 pp

We are looking forward to your feedback, which you can leave in this thread.

Your Tribal Wars Team​

.Yoda

I would like to nominate honk kong bull market of world 109 for this prestigious award.

This is a tale of the worlds best tribe mate, those who are lucky enough to play with him will know what im talking about. Every night we go to bed wondering whether or not we will be rimmed the next morning. Perhaps, Jimmyyaik can tell you more about this. He was gracious enough to play alongside hongkong.

dd465c899bcf77d875d60d19be057569.png

fcd9ee187036179959f66a533360bb3b.png

Usually if youre lucky, hong kong can even account sit you when you sleep. Sometimes my troops end up travelling 40+ hours when we log back on, plus the additional nobled villages or 5 that he would have taken.

Better yet, if he joins your tribe, you probably get the specialty. The good ol, request for support tactic. This comes with the cost of your village aswell of course. Hell probably use your troops and then noble you out for helping.

Griffin140

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I would like to nominate honk kong bull market of world 109 for this prestigious award.

This is a tale of the worlds best tribe mate, those who are lucky enough to play with him will know what im talking about. Every night we go to bed wondering whether or not we will be rimmed the next morning. Perhaps, Jimmyyaik can tell you more about this. He was gracious enough to play alongside hongkong.

dd465c899bcf77d875d60d19be057569.png

fcd9ee187036179959f66a533360bb3b.png

Usually if youre lucky, hong kong can even account sit you when you sleep. Sometimes my troops end up travelling 40+ hours when we log back on, plus the additional nobled villages or 5 that he would have taken.

Better yet, if he joins your tribe, you probably get the specialty. The good ol, request for support tactic. This comes with the cost of your village aswell of course. Hell probably use your troops and then noble you out for helping.
He befriended Red Cup and did the same thing to that account :(

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Here's an example,

Way back in W83, there was a dude called Jasper whom so happened to have a girls name Holly.

One day, likely feeling dirty and sweaty and in need of a shower Mr Jasper decided to jump into the shower for what harm can a shower do.

Little did Jasper know, as he was happily singing in the shower he received a train incoming which to the oblivious Jasper he did not notice.

What harm could world winner Jasper have faced might you wonder?

At the time Jasper had a single village so the life on the rim was near!

By the skin of his teeth, Jasper had struck luck and prior to the Shower, Jasper himself had sent out his own train on a poor victim.

Expecting to return to a glorious 2nd village, Jasper was greeted with the news that he was moments away from being rimmed and that he had only 1 village upon his return.

Jasper's main village was taken during his singing spree in the Shower and to this day that shower still holds the trauma poor Jasper almost faced.

A key rule was gained that day.

1) Never Shower.

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
There was this guy in my w83 tribe called Rob.

Now Rob was also playing w80 at the time in the opposing team to my tribe (He was Regime, I was Destiny, what more can I say?). I came under heavy fire on w83 by the enemy due to my account being frontline and was asking for help with defence in the tribe chat and generally trying to keep the account together with help from tribemates sitting me.

This was alright balancing two worlds because on w80 we hadn't been hit in ages. I then unluckily came under fire on w80 from Regime right after I started being oped on w83! This was a massive endgame op with the whole tribe bearing down on me. So I was under heavy fire on two worlds at this time.

Turns out Rob told his tribe on w80 that I was busy being oped on the world we were tribemates and told them to op me.

So yeah, that's my tribemate story.

Thanks Rob

DeletedUser123773

Well there was this guy named Boris (Dreaded.) in World 87.

He was the leader of the once successful tribe RAGE and dominated the northeast continent. I was the #1 player in both the continent and the world and chose to initially go solo during the time. During the early stages of the world, he had requested I join his tribe and that he'd do what he can to accomodate me within the tribe.

I initially refused but due to weeks of persuasion from my co-players, it was decided that we join Boris's tribe. All was well for a whole month.

I didn't barb noble, I made sure to eliminate our enemies and had a surprisingly great time playing in the tribe. We dominated for quite some time. However, Boris knew that I was going on a study abroad trip in China and that my coplayers would be playing most of the time.

While I was in China, Boris told an enemy tribe, Mutiny, that I was in China and had both RAGE and Mutiny force internal my account because Boris perceived me as too strong of a threat to potentially leave him and join another tribe in the late game.

His tribe soon fell apart 3 weeks later due to lack of trust in his leadership....

Thanks Boris for teaching me not to trust a random leader and to never take prolonged vacations while playing tribalwars.

hellosilver

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I saw karlmydia at a grocery store in Birmingham yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly. Pretty surreal experience, I thought he was just "toxic" in TW and on discord but turns out his personality extends to real life too.

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Don't forget that the prize consists of winning premium points for yourself AND the individual you talk about.

Does anyone have a story about the tribes jester? I. E. The one who brings every in the tribe to laughter or a player who always stayed up sitting others?

DeletedUser121486

I have played with a multitude of players in my time in this game. Ruthless cutthroats, clueless idiots, prideful little bois self conscious about the size of their little nobleman, I've seen it all. Or so I thought. On w97 I met a leader unlike anything I'd ever seen before.

The world started off same as usual until things got spicy. We went to war with a tribe named S-Rank led by atmoshperecf97 (now named atmospherecf1). We took a clear early advantage over this premade when suddenly our duke decided we should merge tribes. I didn't really know anyone in my tribe. It was a grassroots tribe full of randoms and we were surprisingly doing well. After the merge our duke decided to co-duke with atmos. We called ourselves AA
(aegis and akastuki). Eventually atmos ended up being our only duke. He was a leader unlike any other in a way I could never truly process.

Atmos was a man of his word. He rewarded players for hard work and he worked hard to ensure all accounts were situated during wars. You'd think this would make him a good leader, which I would not object. However, there was something quite...strange. It all started when we began our first major war with IL. But before I get to that there were many, many clues.

It was clear early on ronnie, like myself, was a weeb. I don't believe all weebs are strange, but it is always a red flag. We joked a lot in our chat rooms and were all getting along well. Eventually things got more serious into the midgame and we began to realize we were somehow endgame contenders. Once the attitude became more serious, so did atmos. He created a video for us to watch. It was only a few minutes long, but it was clear the instant I heard him speak he was a special individual. I have no hard feelings for atmos, but these videos were brutal. They were long, they beat around the bush, and they had absolutely zero point. He would spend like 5-10 minutes pointing out stats and maps that could be covered in 30 seconds. He would pointing out strange details like my COA on my profile, or what he did over the weekend. It was a hilarious train wreck I couldn't stop watching.

Once the war with IL picked up the videos grew exponentially. He would make them weekly and the length grew up to 30 minutes. During this time he also introduced his notorious ebay store. I've never seen someone use tribalwars as a platform for advertisement but I respect the hustle. Eventualy IL and Creati decide to both declare on us which was the beginning of the end. My time in the military became too demanding in Korea and I was struggling to keep up. I was hardly active and reached out to atmos, which was met with a sincere response which turned into...another push for his ebay store! That's when it hit me. Atmos was a marketing genius. His entire purpose on 97 was never victory, it was generating traffic on his store and brainwashing us into advertising for his up and coming juggernaut front.

He cleverly generated hatred for himself in previous worlds culminating to the eventual 2 on 1 war between the top 3 tribes. This stressful environment created a situation within the tribe where people reached out to their leader, atmos. I never realized the subtlety of his propaganda until it was too late. His videos referenced his store regularly, but very discretely. Once I looked back at it all it was abundantly clear. He was using the combination of stress, trust, and kind gestures to brainwash us into visiting his ebay store. Without realizing it, he was conditioning us to view his ebay store as a sense of safety and security. He was a modern day Hitler. A propaganda machine and utter genius. We could never stop talking about his ebay store. We told our friends in other worlds about the store as a joke. Even when we bashed it in secret, we were advertising it, and he knew it all along. Before I knew it, friends I had told of this store were browsing it! The mad genius generated enough publicity to retire permanently from TW after 97. Legend has it he still profits heavily off of his actions in 97 to this day. Even now, here I am buried in the midst of grinding league and studying for exams discussing his store. He is the ultimate entrepreneur.

W97 was a great world. I met great friends, and the worlds greatest businessman. I know you're out there, somewhere, ronnie. Your memory will live on forever, as will your ebay store. Godspeed my friend, god speed.

Last edited: