Seriously - New starters and getting established

• Thread starter DeletedUser108336
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Actually with a 25% morale rating it would stop a full nuke maybe next time you should sim it ;)
As far as with multiple nukes go ya I could see that But I dont see anybody wanting to let multiple nukes go for a couple weeks at this stage of the game.
really? 25% ?

we have got some pro here ;)
just kidding :D

klodapin21

LOL thats just because its not ingame Im not so nice in their ;)

LorD@LoSs

I think the main problem is that the game itself is loosing popularity. When I started playing this game it was on world 11. I started in continent 29 on the fringe of the world. Now worlds rarely expand to cover the whole map and the rim looks more like a sea of barbarian villages. The problem this creates is powerful players being only a couple hours away from new players. Then the powerful players noble the new players when the village is ripe and the new player quits. Because why restart when your just going to be a couple hours from where you were and the same thing is likely to happen again? Its come to the point at which its hard to start from scratch and that discourages beginners. When I started on world 11 I was FAR from the nearest powerful tribe. But right now on this world my tribe of 120k points is right next to a 1.8 million point tribe...

It would seen this had to naturally happen though, experienced players have the game down to a science and they dominate early. This is why worlds have been ending after just a couple years. World 11 is still going (fast approaching its end) and has been open over 6 years. But worlds as new as w56 are closing already.

And its obvious that tribal wars is trying to combat this and help new players with things like tutorials and quests that give you resources and troops, the growing barbarian villages, their attempt at a no farming world, etc... Their attempts to fix this have done nothing but strengthen the already experienced players though.

Deleted User - 4669627

^^ your logic is faulty

nothing personal, idk you and i am not going to get much into this, but just a casual glance at the forums shows that w56 has more posts than w11 which started years before w56
if anything, the game is becoming more popular, not dying

in regards to the subject matter of this thread...

why would you join a world where players already have millions of points when there is a new world starting every 2 months? if you decide to start an old world rather than a new one, why complain later?

there is a point where you simply should not be starting a world, unless you are pro and/or have connections.
this is part of why new worlds are always starting, rather than start a world where some players already have 1 mill points, you can star a world where only the top core players have the capability of nobling to the rim, but it is not yet profitable for any of them to try it.

w64 top player = ~ 1.4 mill
w65 top player = ~ 400k
World 66 will start on Tuesday the 20th of November at around 17:00

obviously, if you want to start a world, wait a few days for w66, or join w65, not w64

Last edited by a moderator:

LorD@LoSs

^^ your logic is faulty

nothing personal, idk you and i am not going to get much into this, but just a casual glance at the forums shows that w56 has more posts than w11 which started years before w56
if anything, the game is becoming more popular, not dying

My logic is not faulty on this point, more posts in the forum does not mean the game is more popular. On w56 there are 175,267 villages and on w11 there are 333,102 villages to save you the trouble thats 157,835 more villages on w11. Yes that means a lot more people played that world. Or that a lot more people started over when they got nobled.

World 9 and 10 had 400,000 villages and since then the worlds have been on a decline in number of villages. And because the main way villages get introduced into the world is through players that means less people are playing.

Deleted User - 4669627

my first world was 36, i am not an old-worlder, so you can speak on old worlds, i can only speculate on what i care nothing about
but w64 is starving for public posts (w65 has already doubled our number of posts), so i will debate anyway :icon_razz:

though my first world was 36, i nobled 2 villages in w21 which i had joined after playing w36 for about a month
there i was attacked by a player with more than a million points who was not even top 50
i expected to be rimmed ofc, i was 6k, but i knew nothing about morale (w36 was no morale)
i realized then that i could prolong the inevitable doom, but would simply be wasting my time
i understood then...

there is a point where you simply should not be starting a world, unless you are pro and/or have connections.

this is part of why new worlds are always starting, rather than start a world where some players already have 1 mill points, you can star a world where only the top core players have the capability of nobling to the rim, but it is not yet profitable for any of them to try it.
you are correct in that the game has changed and players have developed the first world strategies and honed them into a science over the passing time
for example, at some initial point there must not have been any guides of any value, cuz the game had not been played for years yet with players actually testing different start ups on different worlds, for example, the myriad ways to farm did not yet exist i suppose is another example

where you are incorrect is that the conclusion from the evidence you presented is not that less people are joining tw, or that their chance for success against more veteran opponents is an obstacle too great to be overcome

in w64 i lead ~MW~ and have personally recruited a number of players who have not played tw before w64 into ~MW~
~MW~ is a premade which has consistently been amongst the most promising of w64 tribes since the moment it was created
in fact, our #1 and #3 rank players just started tw in W62

but from 62, they did not start 56, they started w64, and w56 will end before some older worlds
there will never again be worlds like w11 where the map gets full, things have changed, but it is not because the game is dying because new players do not have a chance

this is my advice to new players...

join w66 when it starts, but plan to play it as a learning experience
2 weeks into the world, restart, even if you have not been attacked (see above)
now you are on the rim 2 weeks after the world start
the players who got the best starts will just be looking at nobling their first villages in the core (i have not checked the world settings or check the first noble stats for recent worlds, but 2 weeks is about when good start up players hit this stage)
you will be more than a k away with less competition and better farming
build troops and farm, message the players around you and try to cultivate relationships, join the biggest tribe you can in your area, noble easy targets that are close as fast as possible till you have a small cluster
join in tribe ops, read the support posts and learn to fight, then fight bigger and better opponents till you are rimmed
then start w67 or w68 depending on how much time it took
if you do not start well, restart that world after 2 weeks
at that point, you could be the .gentlemen or mgmyo of w68
they began in w62, they have both been rank 1 in ~MW~ and despite starting w64 two weeks after the world began, 1 is top 20 in the world and the other is top 50

if you are new to tw...

there is a point where you simply should not be starting a world
that time is after only a couple months, the same time the new world starts

the evidence from our friend Lord indicates that this timing is not coincidence and the idea behind it is being realized
people are not starting worlds where they have no real chance the way that they used to

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser98295

i feel the biggest challenge is trying to combat co-players whose accounts work 24/7 they grow much faster than everyone else i started on w31 and the game was a lot simpler i guess tw lost its innocence in a way.

DeletedUser

Not necessarily. There are plenty of people who do fine without co-players. And there are a lot less co-played accounts on the rim, which is where you should start off anyway.

Deleted User - 4669627

though many people do fine without them, co-playing is certainly a good idea, though finding a good one is always a challenge

if you find somebody willing to merge into your account and co you when you have a handful of villages between you, this could be a nice boost at a critical stage of development

communicating with your active neighbors and working with your mates is key for a new player

DeletedUser

Co playing becomes like a necessity in the later parts of the game. Without one would be a disadvantage. I for one had none since the start of the world, but will be having one in a few day's time as I dont think I can keep up much with the world by playing all by myself. Its either find a co player or find people to sit your account every time you are out. Preferably, the first option is better.

LorD@LoSs

Having money for a premium helps too... I used to have a duke that was a great guy and would buy members premiums if they couldn't afford it. We went far as a tribe.

Deleted User - 4669627

^^ the bigger you get the greater the need for premium and a co, of the 2, premium is more helpful

something the tw team might wish to consider...

many products (medicine and software are 2 perfect examples) are sold at different prices in different countries. Microsoft, for example, sells their products based on gross domestic product per capita
basically, if your country's average income is 1/5 the u.s., you pay 1/5 of what the americans pay

offering premium at a discount to players in Southeast Asia, for example, would not only make the game more fair and balanced, it might bring in greater profits for tw at the same time
for example, if 10 players from India purchase premium at $5 a month, tw make's $50 a month from Indians
if they sold at $2.50 and this enabled 40 Indians to be able to buy premium, they are making twice as much ($100 a month) from Indians

ofc these numbers do not reflect the reality, but they do reflect the theory

DeletedUser

There is a lot of speculation about why there aren't as many players per world anymore compared to the first 10-15.

The reason and solution is actually quite simple: there are to many local versions. Not every country needs it's own version. Most of them barely have a couple thousand players, whereas .net and .de neared a million once. Keep TW.net and TW.de, and get rid of all those others. You'll see the numbers per world go up real fast.

DeletedUser

Yea, but a lot of those local servers have the pay to win features. I tried playing the .us servers but I saw that reducing queue times was a premium feature there. So while that doesn't work out so well for me, there are plenty of people who the money to burn on those kind of features, which is why those servers exist.

DeletedUser1350

TW has changed a lot from years ago.

The gap between good players and bad players is outrageous. There are no more casual players now due to co-playing and the account being on 24/7. TW has always required a lot of time and attention but in the past one person could get it done. Co-teams and co-players make it harder for new players to even have a chance. Not that I am opposed to relatively new type of play style it's just the facts.

Some mentioned a few post ago that TW is very cliquey and that is very true. Tbh the TW community for the most part is not friendly. On multiple occasions and even in the particular sub-forum I've seen new players and users to the forums bashed simply because they asked a question that seemed stupid to others. It's not impossible to get into these cliques or cults (that's what I like to call them) if you are a good player you are bound to be noticed and your chance of survival is much higher than someone who is relatively new to the game.

I personally like to take long breaks from TW and come back on an unfamiliar world and meet new people. It's rather interesting. I do have a lot of old pals from previous worlds as well.

DeletedUser

I last played on W15, and it was a joyful experience then. The comraderie was second to none and the commitment to a tribe was like no other. Yes, back then there was none of this co-op stuff etc and cliques were formed in game mostly, not premade <- which is a new term to me. Battles were fierce, but communication was civil and appreciated. People then realised it was just a game, something to pass the time and take breather from real life. Battles then between the likes of AXE, DA, etc were tactically brilliant, but once again, civil.

Like people have stated here, its almost as if its to personal nowadays. People place themselves on these pedestals, yet they reach the pedestal due to these premades and co-ops.

How will TW ever get new people interested in the game if you have this.

Also, in-game morale is never a problem for the bigger tribes as they have smaller tribes as morale bashers, so they can reach the rim without any complications or worries about morale at all.

In game communication is never civil, and comraderie is few and far between. Back then you could battle for weeks, and at the end still communicate with your foe and compliment each other.

Things have surely changed, and the PURITY has been lost.

DeletedUser1546

Maybe I got lucky - most of the people I fought with or against were very civil. But I guess I started very late in the world, all the way on the rims so there aren't as many people with big ego.

Also, I think tribalwars can be fun for reasons other than winning a world. The ultra-competitive co-players can try for #1 and run 1k+ villages, but that may not be everybody's thing. I enjoy small-scale skirmishes, so I found a situation where I could have some really good ones. I ended up losing but it was a lot of fun.

One thing I do miss from single-digit tribalwars worlds, though, is the crazy forum propaganda. Looking at the post count from W1 and compare it to W64... huge difference. Yeah it's a world that's been around much longer, but I remember pages of discussions, deceptions, and accusations getting replied to everyday. Wonder when this changed.

DeletedUser

Yes @ nightblue. I also used to enjoy the forum skirmishes ;)

The deception and mind-games was entertaining. Getting tribes to turn on each other to benefit your foothold was tactically brilliant. Used to live and die on the forums, not so much now. Now its more mud-slinging matches in the forums. I do enjoy the war declarations though!!