Seriously - New starters and getting established

• Thread starter DeletedUser108336
  • Start date

DeletedUser

... if your country's average income is 1/5 the u.s., you pay 1/5 of what the americans pay

Yeah, in Africa they get M$ products for free :icon_rolleyes:
From my own experience often the bigger problem is how to pay - credit cads/paypal are not that popular/affordable in developing countries.

Lethal Legend

Shame that the thread got derailed to start with from the original point that it does not help people learn and enjoy the game rather than the stream of people justifying nobling noobs on the rim. If the aim is to let people learn the morale or other balancing needs to be introduced to help people build the village long enough to get a hang of things....no use saying they should wait etc...if they do not know what is going on how do you expect them to know the downfalls of joining late world?

For me one possible is protecting against being nobled by travel time if you only own one village or having a mutual attack ban....yes it would hurt us not having them as farms but long run not haing new players will hurt the game and kill it slowly.

Time to takle a step back, look at the long term benefit, decide what is best for all....not just yourself.

DeletedUser1546

It's hard to please hard-core players and casual ones at the same time, and Tribalwars culture has always been remarkably hostile towards new players. The macho "I have more free time and in-game knowledge than you so orget you" attitude has been around since world 1, and the hardcore pvp aspect unfortunately attracts some borderline sadistic people.

Sounds like they are trying to address this issue by introducing features like "casual world" soon, so maybe that's one step towards the right direction. To tame a hostile community, games like League of Legends actually have features like "honor your opponents" after each match - seems cosmetic so far but surprisingly, I found myself getting chewed out a lot less for being a noob LoL player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 4669627

Yeah, in Africa they get M$ products for free :icon_rolleyes:
From my own experience often the bigger problem is how to pay - credit cads/paypal are not that popular/affordable in developing countries.
yes, and they are not readily available
i encourage players from less developed countries to co players from more developed countries who appreciate that it is easier for them to provide the premium
it is interesting how global development on a geographical level actually lends itself readily to this idea in regards to time zone

on another note, the top 4 tribes are beginning to border each other (2 are premades and 2 are not btw)
i expect that around christmas and new year the forums will become lively

DeletedUser

more no haul worlds remedy the problem at least a little bit though doesn't it? i dont know if you can ask for much more than that. in terms of joining worlds late... i have no idea unless there is some differential identified between players who have been in the game for a certain amount of time so cannot attack new players for a couple weeks of extended beginner protection or something along those lines. but thats complicated as hell. just waiting for a new world seems fair enough, i have had reasonable success joining worlds 2 or 3 weeks late and managing to get up to about 30,000+ im sure more is possible, it can be done.

DeletedUser108066

It's hard to please hard-core players and casual ones at the same time, and Tribalwars culture has always been remarkably hostile towards new players. The macho "I have more free time and in-game knowledge than you so orget you" attitude has been around since world 1, and the hardcore pvp aspect unfortunately attracts some borderline sadistic people.

Sounds like they are trying to address this issue by introducing features like "casual world" soon, so maybe that's one step towards the right direction. To tame a hostile community, games like League of Legends actually have features like "honor your opponents" after each match - seems cosmetic so far but surprisingly, I found myself getting chewed out a lot less for being a noob LoL player.

I agree when i first joined the TW community it was remarkably hostile towards new players. I welcome the idea of casual worlds alongside normal worlds as that way we can have standard TW for hardcores and Casual for the occasional gamers

I do have to say one thing though any MOBA games community is a LOT worse than TWs community by far. at least on TW you dont get flamed evry 30 secs for one move you made 40mins go.

I joined 3 weeks late. Top 25.

if i remeberer correctly, immunesoul joined w25 over a month late and ended up in top 10

DeletedUser

Ok, it did say at some point it gets to the stage in a world where its best not to join unless you are pro or connected, thats pretty true as far as it goes.

As for the original post. I noticed some Tribal Wars comments on their Facbook page where they point out that TW is probably the harshest and most demanding of these types of games.

I think thats something to be celebrated not complained about. Every person here was new once. I started W7, and not the trendy .net world7 of yester year, but provincial co.uk W7 :p

Its the harshness and the sometimes unbalanced nature of this game that makes people strive to survive and to learn and come back bigger and better.

You say it spoils the game, I say it makes it... Join world 66 early about 14 hours late would probably be best for you.Learn the true importance, of farming, troops and politics. Do better. Get rimmed. Get Upset. Join the next world. Survive another week longer. Get rimmed (probably by getting screwed over by your tribe on this one). Give up the whole game in disgust. Come back 3 weeks later. Join another world get to 100k points and thats it your hooked, and you worked for it.

Not tough enough? give up, go home, take up flower arranging :p

Deleted User - 4669627

I joined 3 weeks late. Top 25.
3 weeks is not too late in the world to be starting, even if you are not pro or have no connections
you are certainly a vet (idk about pro) and you certainly have connections

in regards to no haul worlds, Witness, yes that evens the playing field more so than anything else

DeletedUser

Morale means nothing. As i have stated before, you get the premades, then you get the bigger tribes hugging and strong-arming smaller tribes to be morale bashers. Sure, intimidation is the name of the game and it is a strategy game after all, but, if you have premades playing every new world, how does starting a world early matter?

Premades, as stated are a close-knit group of people. These players have co-op players. Newer players, "not connected", dont ever last long enough to enjoy the game. People need to realise this IS a game and not be so serious all the time :)

Scenario:

Big tribe near the core infiltrate in to the rim where smaller tribes exist.

How they do this is through intimidation, or good strategic planning, i dont know.

Smaller tribes who are intimidated clear said villa

Big tribe player surrounded by smaller tribe players who are to scared to attack (survival instincts kick in)

Big tribe tells smaller tribe... take out x tribe because they are a threat and we will reward you.

Smaller tribe believes

Smaller tribe gets bashed later on once bigger tribe has a decent foothold in new K

One had to deduce then that if you are a new player wanting to learn and be exposed to the game, that all you will learn is that unless you connected, you do not stand a chance. Also, the difference i have seen since playing 50 worlds ago, is that, there is no honor amongst players, no kinmanship.. players will leave a tribe because the invite from a bigger tribe looks more sustainable and then attacks the previous tribesmates.

Now, one might argue, what is this thing you call honor. I use the word very liberally. Back then, once you formed a tribe, you formed a bond, and you fought till the very last. Now jumping ship and spying seems to be more the trade of the day.

Before someone flames, i am merely stating what i see now, compared to what i saw then. I feel that good can come from a game like this. It can promote a sense of morality, a sense of kinmanship, a sense of guts and not wanting to give up. Words are powerful in a game like this, and so is leadership. Have a strong leader with a good sense of dictation and it might instill a need to belong and you in this fantasy world believing in strength and honor.

Then you look away from the computer and real life kicks in, so its a good escape, or, it can be.

/end rambling ;)

Deleted User - 4669627

^^

in w64 i lead ~MW~ and have personally recruited a number of players who have not played tw before w64 into ~MW~
Tribe Policy...

obviously, we will not...

1. cheat
2. mass-recruit
3. lie to the leadership of other tribes
4. hug (no more than 1 ally and 1 nap)
5. betray our agreements with other tribes
6. have more than 3 players on an account
7. agree to gangbangs against smaller tribes
8. merge with any tribe that does not publicly post this policy​
imo this is the closest thing you can find to an "honorable" top tribe and new players do have a chance to join, but most will not make our cut in their first world

we are trying to win with this policy, not just playing for fun, though that is a goal of every tribe obviously
until a tribe wins with this policy, i expect many of the issues you mention to continue

atm, there is little shame associated with shameful actions cuz everybody seems to believe the "honorable" tribe cannot win, you must play dirty in order to win
once it is established that you need not play dirty to win, then tw has some hope for honor to play a larger role in future worlds

there is a thread in the General Discussion forum titled Lies I have Told where i basically invited players to flame me on that criteria
it is not a long read, though it was posted more than 2 months ago, you can see i am still waiting for a serious claim against my integrity

DeletedUser

@ shahyd

I praise you for these ideals, seriously. Not many on what i term newer worlds follow this. One must realise that if you instill these ideals in your tribe, you will go further, for a tribe willing to be resilient to their last village will always outlast a tribe without these ideals!

DeletedUser

its not tw fault, its society. there is a new generation of 11/12 year old players out there who do not know the meaning of respect/honor. in saying that i believe spying is a legitimate and valued part of the game and has always been done to a degree since i have been playing. however if you are caught you should be named and shamed! the price you pay for lies.
** sorry to you younger folks, i know your not all bad the older players are just as guilty in terms of squashing new players because its easier. but as someone said earlier its the challenge that makes the game worthwhile and wanting to come back and do better. cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

DeletedUser

^^ the bigger you get the greater the need for premium and a co, of the 2, premium is more helpful

something the tw team might wish to consider...

many products (medicine and software are 2 perfect examples) are sold at different prices in different countries. Microsoft, for example, sells their products based on gross domestic product per capita
basically, if your country's average income is 1/5 the u.s., you pay 1/5 of what the americans pay

offering premium at a discount to players in Southeast Asia, for example, would not only make the game more fair and balanced, it might bring in greater profits for tw at the same time
for example, if 10 players from India purchase premium at $5 a month, tw make's $50 a month from Indians
if they sold at $2.50 and this enabled 40 Indians to be able to buy premium, they are making twice as much ($100 a month) from Indians

ofc these numbers do not reflect the reality, but they do reflect the theory

Really intelligent.......it's make business sense....even i would immediately buy if this theory is implemented....

DeletedUser

This is a noble idea but the main flaw is there are a lot of co played accounts with players on different continents. I for one would be asking my co's what price they are being offered pp at. Obviously who ever is the cheapest will be buying and the rest of us will just paypal them our contribution.

Deleted User - 4669627

it could be tricky to implement yes

on a related note, premium goes on sale every year around christmas/new year
if you can afford to buy in bulk at that time, you can get a very good deal

DeletedUser

It can be done. Most of our tribe started mid-late September on the rim are in the top 20, but I agree it can be very difficult for newer players. I'm sot sure the most recent no-hauls world actually helped newer players with the settings. With the res production so high nobles started coming very fast., which helped the experienced guys noble everything around quite fast.
There are other servers newer guys could play on which are less competative, however that's not going to help bulk out worlds with new players on the .net servers.