Server merging or money scrimping?

0s0speedy

So I went to hit up the setting for 101 to check for premium features. I found that they're merging 'international' servers into .NET.

It got me thinking - Is their force rush of 101 strictly to make the income to cover 100's loss of income? Are they closing other TW websites and merging them into one to scrimp money or is it just a new feature? I would assume that merging accounts means they're closing the entire site.

It seems like, to me, that they've lost all consideration for their community and their agreement to make 100 a non-p2w server is a last ditch attempt to hold on to what loyal player base they have.

Just some thoughts of mine I thought i'd express.

Love you, bye.

Sam

Ibra Gonza II

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The one and only reason for 101 is because two new servers are being merged into international and to give them a 'normal' not so competetive world. If they were to join 100 immediately, it would result in player loss as the world is way too competetive for players that are not used to it.

Instead they launch a more "noob" world so they can satisfy everyone. Competitive players go to 100, non competetive players go to 101.

It's sad to see so many people are not looking at the facts but simply try to find reasons to stab TW Staff. You asked for 100 and received it, why complaining? Now they also have to make sure the players coming over from the merging two markets actually stay and are not scared away by a competetive 100 and getting rimmed in the first 10 days (and then have to wait another 2 months for the next world?). Surprising to see that so many people are not able to make this simple logic.

That's it. Basically end of discussion. It has nothing to do with having lost touch with the community. It's actually the opposite, they have to do this in order to keep the players.

PS:
This is also from own experience. NL did the same with nl50 but did not follow up straight away with nl51. It caused a loss of players there because nl50 was way too competetive and the "below average" player had no way to play on their own level.

0s0speedy

So whats happening to the servers that are merging? the term merging implies that they're basically moving their accounts from one server to here. Are they leaving their worlds open? what happens if they have large accounts? merging implies a move rather than keep both servers open.

it just confuses me.

Ibra Gonza II

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
So whats happening to the servers that are merging? the term merging implies that they're basically moving their accounts from one server to here. Are they leaving their worlds open? what happens if they have large accounts? merging implies a move rather than keep both servers open.

it just confuses me.

Their account gets transfered meaning they can keep their flags, premium, etc etc. They will finish their existing worlds on their own market, but any new worlds will be linked to the new world on EN.
So basically on their own market homepage they would see the new world just as they used to, but the actual world it runs on would be an EN one.
They will also have ingame stuff in their own language.

0s0speedy

ahh i see. so eventually they'll close their hosted servers? Assuming that once all the current worlds end then any new ones will be EN hosted? Can't they afford to keep the websites open?

Ibra Gonza II

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
ahh i see. so eventually they'll close their hosted servers? Assuming that once all the current worlds end then any new ones will be EN hosted? Can't they afford to keep the websites open?

They can perfectly well afford it. it's just about giving the players on these markets just as much fun. Where would you want to play, a world with 250 players or a world with 10.000 players ;)

imho it's a good call, they made.

0s0speedy

Not saying it's a bad thing. Just curious as to why it's happening. them servers must be dead.

lleixg

It's a good thing what they're doing but I would add a few suggestions:

1. Don't wait that long because the communities that have been transferred were basically dead
2. Add the feature to search tribes and players from a specific country/language