Setting Dicussion

jayjayjay68

And all the players voting for no speed change, are not reading the forums, so dont understand. So what will happen if it stays like this, is all the paying customers will leave and W47 will turn into a non prem noob world. Innogames will make no money from it, so will lose anyway.

I for one will not be staying if these settings are not changed. We offered a compromise and by making the poll an ingame poll, all you are doing is let the sheep decide.

And the players that keep this game running lose. Another great move....... (rolls eyes)

Rudegar

at least they will have lots of large barbs to noble..... slowly

DeletedUser

I think the poll is scripted, its just for formalization. The mods already knew what to put as the result. It's fairer if you'd conduct the poll thru manual posting in the forum so we'll know if the vote is valid. I just don't trust people who moderates the poll.:icon_evil:

It's either that or all the noobs are voting. I don't see why a 100k player wouldn't want morale to be on his side. These same players are also probably not very active, so the slow world is pretty convenient for them. So if things stay like that, the world will become full of "noobs" who will enjoy their TW life on w47 happily forever after.

DeletedUser

It could simply be that these players are reading the forums and going Ahh If we don't vote for the changes these guys (you guys) want then they'll quit; which gives us a much better chance of winning.

DeletedUser

It could simply be that these players are reading the forums and going Ahh If we don't vote for the changes these guys (you guys) want then they'll quit; which gives us a much better chance of winning.

lol, hmmm then I think everyone should reconsider quitting

Social Disorder

Darn barb noblers/non premium noobs are voting to keep the speed. They just want our easy villages if we quit;(

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
I think the poll is scripted, its just for formalization. The mods already knew what to put as the result. It's fairer if you'd conduct the poll thru manual posting in the forum so we'll know if the vote is valid. I just don't trust people who moderates the poll.:icon_evil:

Why don't you start mailing everybody that they should make a forum account hmm? And of course make sure that nobody makes 2 accounts. Also we would like you to count all the votes and see if nobody forgot to vote, or hasn't registrated. Also please be our man to which we can funnel all complaints for the lets say 49% of the people that wanted something else.

Could you do that for us? Thanks.

Social Disorder

Why don't you start mailing everybody that they should make a forum account hmm? And of course make sure that nobody makes 2 accounts. Also we would like you to count all the votes and see if nobody forgot to vote, or hasn't registrated. Also please be our man to which we can funnel all complaints for the lets say 49% of the people that wanted something else.

Allowed to mail everyone at once? Or lets say, 500 different people

DeletedUser

you know what could be fun?

as it looks like now, all the active, forumwriting preamiumpaying players want some action, the rest dont.

so how about this...

we all stop paying, kill the rest, keep the world active, just by loggin in.
I mean,, should be no problem rimming the noobs even without a PA.

then Innogames can pay for a server that nobody plays/pays

DeletedUser

Threatening innogames with account deletion or otherwise isn't helping matters. The mods only see a few, rather belligerent, complainers. While their polls offer a much larger sample. We don't know how many of those voting in game have PA, and assuming external forum posts contain a good sample of players would be a poor choice.

To the point, first rule of persuasive writing is to ask nicely.

DeletedUser

Threatening innogames with account deletion or otherwise isn't helping matters. The mods only see a few, rather belligerent, complainers. While their polls offer a much larger sample. We don't know how many of those voting in game have PA, and assuming external forum posts contain a good sample of players would be a poor choice.

To the point, first rule of persuasive writing is to ask nicely.

The problem with in game surveys is that they can also be easily rigged.

Just to prove my point, I made an account on World 47, voted on the surveys and now won't log onto the account ever again. Is that really fair, that someone who doesn't even play the world can have a say in how the world will change for other people? No, it's not. If that is then repeated on a larger scale - voilá, you have your desired result.

A forum poll would actually make much more sense than an in game poll. That way you can keep an eye on who is voting and make sure they're actually active players on the world. You'll note that those against it (publicly) are the "key players", so to speak, of this world. But, of course, those who aren't really active, contribute very little to the world or don't even play at all (such as myself) are now fully entitled to determine the fate of the world because the TW Staff did not think their survey through and have left it open to immense distortion.

So now that I have pointed out this (seemingly deliberate) flaw, I am sure those "key players" (who are also the more famous players throughout TribalWars as a whole) would also be fully within their rights to take advantage of a terrible system to actually get a result that would benefit the world, not the TW Staff.

Edit: I am also curious as to why the TW Staff have decided to run polls on other, more complicated changes that have never been done before (such as speed change, morale, etc), yet wouldn't go with the far simpler notion of actually asking the people of the world whether they want the Army Camps taken away in the first place or not? It makes very little sense whatsoever - the Staff have always said changing settings mid game is difficult, so instead of not changing any settings, they leave it open to change 4, without first asking people if they wanted any changes whatsoever to start? Logic is fun, its unfortunate the Staff seem oblivious to it.

-Conor

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Edit: I am also curious as to why the TW Staff have decided to run polls on other, more complicated changes that have never been done before (such as speed change, morale, etc), yet wouldn't go with the far simpler notion of actually asking the people of the world whether they want the Army Camps taken away in the first place or not?
-Conor

I think Morthy said that the implementation of the army camps was flawed and it was doing damage to the game. Even the presence of the army camp in the code, when disabled (in other worlds) still had a negative impact on game performance.

Now that begs the question: why didn't TW realize this earlier, and if they DID realize this earlier, why did they wait until now to do something about it?

DeletedUser

Conor, you do have a very valid point. Game surveys can be manipulated, but so can surveys on externals...and by the same means no less. The key difference is the ingame survey has a control variable. We or rather the TW team can plot the spike in new accounts on W47 against the survey results giving a projected error.

Now a quick side note or two before addressing the TW community once again. Moral settings have changed mid game in other worlds...such as W16. Second note: Several players have noted how boring the externals are, and hence, it is no surprise to me so few players post.

I have much respect for "key players" as they are key for a reason; however, I don't think any single players opinion should be given any more weight than any other. The very notion is almost insulting. Now, if the TW staff could make the survey available only to those that have PA at least that would be more directed. Making the survey only open to PA users would be logical but for some maybe a bit shy of the highest moral code. This suggestion is totally after the fact and the TW team does deserve recognition for their efforts...something that says "we may not be all that happy right now but thanks for trying."

DeletedUser

Conor, you do have a very valid point. Game surveys can be manipulated, but so can surveys on externals...and by the same means no less. The key difference is the ingame survey has a control variable. We or rather the TW team can plot the spike in new accounts on W47 against the survey results giving a projected error.

Now a quick side note or two before addressing the TW community once again. Moral settings have changed mid game in other worlds...such as W16. Second note: Several players have noted how boring the externals are, and hence, it is no surprise to me so few players post.

I have much respect for "key players" as they are key for a reason; however, I don't think any single players opinion should be given any more weight than any other. The very notion is almost insulting. Now, if the TW staff could make the survey available only to those that have PA at least that would be more directed. Making the survey only open to PA users would be logical but for some maybe a bit shy of the highest moral code. This suggestion is totally after the fact and the TW team does deserve recognition for their efforts...something that says "we may not be all that happy right now but thanks for trying."

The notion that everyone's opinion is equally valid is so ridiculous. The amazing Irish comedian Dara O Briain explained it perfectly:

Clicky!

DeletedUser

Conor, I'm not letting you out of the sack...lolz

Take another read through my post. Not once did I say everyone's opinion is equally valid. In this case I would be more than willing to conceed that new accounts have no place voting. I have already said it is logical to exclude all non-PA players from the vote.

DeletedUser

Take another read through my post. Not once did I say everyone's opinion is equally valid. In this case I would be more than willing to conceed that new accounts have no place voting. I have already said it is logical to exclude all non-PA players from the vote.

I don't think any single players opinion should be given any more weight than any other. The very notion is almost insulting.

That was the part I was responding to. The rest of your post I pretty much agree with, so I didn't feel a reason to argue for the sake of it.

DeletedUser

Ah, I see the discrepancy.

To clarify, I did not think to equate weight of opinion with validity. Nonsense is certainly not valid; however, everyone is entitled to want what they want and by the very nature of beast each person is just that...one person.

There are awesome players scoring mass quantities of awesome points...but even then no amount of awesome makes any one person more (at least quantifiably) than one person. Perhaps in the case of expertise F(awesome) = weight of opinion, but in the case of pure desire, awesome has nothing to do with weight of opinion.

More to the point. If weight = valid then you are quite right.

DeletedUser76619

i have a question,was this setting taken away from the world without asking first?

if my question is answered as a yes,i would say this for some compensation:

1. all people involved in this decision are to be banned permanently,sacked and sued.
2. premium users are to be given premium for life free of charge.(on all worlds not just the ones involved.)
3. the setting/settings are to be put back the way they were regardless of "problems occurring with the server".

there was a vote/poll in the beginning and the majority agreed on it thats how the settings were made in the first place.

Social Disorder

i have a question,was this setting taken away from the world without asking first?

if my question is answered as a yes,i would say this for some compensation:

1. all people involved in this decision are to be banned permanently,sacked and sued.
2. premium users are to be given premium for life free of charge.(on all worlds not just the ones involved.)
3. the setting/settings are to be put back the way they were regardless of "problems occurring with the server".

there was a vote/poll in the beginning and the majority agreed on it thats how the settings were made in the first place.

Well that didn't make any sense..