Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
Forum rules can be found here: http://forum.tribalwars.net/announcement.php?f=8
You obey them.

Game rules can be found here: http://www.tribalwars.net/rules.php
You obey them too.

Also, anyone thinking it'd be fun to spam the section into pieces because the world isn't released/nothing fun happens in the world will be sent, with alot of violence, into the otherlife.

Anyone thinking the language/insults rules don't apply to them will be clothed up in pink fluffy bunny suits and deported to an isolated island in the Pacific Ocean without internet access!

That's like... All. Just behave, aight?

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
Speed: 1.25
Unit speed: 0.8
Paladin: Yes, with enhanced weapons
Archers: Yes
Church enabled: No
Noble system: Gold coins
Morale: Points and time based
Bonus villages: Yes
Barbarian villages: Grow to 3000 points
Tech system: Simple
Beginner protection: 4 days
Tribe limit: 100
Other info: Players can choose their starting direction. There will be an attack and support gap of 100ms. No fake limit. Standard militia is on. No restrictions on sending support out of tribe.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It's me again!

So most of you world hoppers might be getting sick of seeing me, but for those of you who aren't familiar with me: Hi, I'm your elder mod! I'm the person to come to if you have a problem with the way this forum is being moderated, or a if you have a question you think I might be able to answer. And until this forum has an assigned moderator, I will also be moderating this forum. As and when things arise that I feel need to be announced, they will be posted in this thread.

To start us off, there are a few things that seem to pop up about the rules on every forum:

1. If you have a problem with moderation, SEND ME A PM! DO NOT POST A THREAD ABOUT IT. This is not a difficult concept. Moderation is very much a grey area at times, and there will inevitably be decisions that you don't personally agree with. We will do our best to be transparent, and we expect that you will respect the fact that we are human and we might not have all the details. Please, if you disagree with something, do us the courtesy of sending us a polite mail asking us to explain why we took a specific action. Creating a thread about it just creates more work for is, will get is slightly frustrated and is much less likely to end in a satisfactory manner. Believe it or not, we are here for your benefit. It is not our intention to ever be overlording dictators, and we do not want to have to ban and infract users. We are here to make sure the forums stay fun and CLEAN, and we'd prefer it if we could do so without having to remove people from it. However, if necessary, we're not going to hesitate to do what we have to.

2. BAN DISCUSSION/CHEATING ACCUSATIONS ARE AGAINST THE RULES. This one comes up every goddamn time. I will explain this once, and once only. There are two situations in which ban discussion comes up. Both are understandable, as mistakes, but both are still against the rules. The first is someone coming on the forum to give out about the fact that someone is cheating. Cheating is bad, I agree, but the forum is not the place to give out about it. If you report them ingame, using the Ticket System, the mods there might actually be able to solve your problem, should your opponent actually be cheating. Posting here will achieve nothing except for flaming and wild, often incorrect accusations.

The second type of discussion is when someone is banned and all their enemies come on the forums to gloat. Big woop for you. The bottom line here is that the exact nature of a ban is a private matter been the player involved and the mods who gave the ban. Noone else is likely to know all the details, and the reasons for stopping this sort of talk is twofold - it protects innocent people who have accidentally been banned from being eternally drafted as cheaters, and it's been proven time and time again on this forum that whenever such gloating is allowed, it leads to massive flame wars that don't stop until at least half the people involved are banned. There's no need for it - word will travel fast enough on skype if someone is actually a cheater, and they will never live it down among the community. It doesn't need to be posted, and for that reason we don't allow it. It's as simple as that. If you disagree with any of the above reasons, I can go into more detail as to why we cannot allow it, if you would be so kind as to PM me with your question :icon_wink:

3. Finally, as always, I would request that noone start a "top 20" thread in this forum based on player or tribal ranking, until nobles come out. I am setting a specific time so that people have something to work towards, because there was a lot of grumbling about this on w59. The REASON why I am putting this restriction on "top 20" threads is that the top 20's change on an hourly basis at the start of the world, and a daily basis until nobles. Virtually everyone agrees that the vast majority of the tribes in the top 20 won't stay there after nobles, so once you get past everyone saying "that's a premade... that's a mass recruitment tribe..." you get quickly to the point that it just turns into spam.

Now, alternatives: I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH A "NOTABLE TRIBES" THREAD. This took a long time to get across last world. The reason I don't allow top 20 threads is because the method by which tribes are noted in those threads leads to massively varying lists. A notable tribes thread, however, will allow people to discuss the tribes that matter. The beauty of this kind of thread is that it means that both the tiny premades that will grow to be major powers can be mentioned alongside the tribes that noone knows about that are looking threatening. It covers all the bases, it means that uninteresting mass recruiting tribes can be ignored once they are mentioned once and it accounts for the greatly varying rankings that are synonymous with early game. So please, listen just once, and don't create a top 20 thread.

That's all for now. As I said, if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me, if you have any problems, do the same, and we will be getting a moderator on this forum as soon as we can decide on a suitable candidate :)

~Petn

Status
Not open for further replies.