*shifty eyes*

DeletedUser

Hello folks, I am your new mod as of... 5 hours ago!

You can call me Nystagmus, Nyst, or John - I'll respond to any of them.

As this is my first gig as a moderator, I'm going to ease into it, so you can expect me to be relatively laid-back and looking to keep things going smoothly. High participation is going to be a goal of mine, as I know how slow things can get when it's just the same ingame shenanigans. :)

As always, I'll look for you to follow the Forum Rules - I know you all know them by heart, but it's never a bad thing to have referenced!

I will be closely watching the following rules specifically:

• Insults- Keep things friendly, if you have a beef with someone- take care of it ingame, not on the forums. (I mean through attacking them, not mailing them negative things.)
  • Swearing- Keep it clean, swearing doesn't put you above the next person intellectually and it doesn't make you cool new friends. Attempting to get by with an asterisk or acronym (such as GTFO or WTF) will be looked at the same as the actual word.
  • Spamming- I want things to flow, and reducing the clutter and nonsense that is spamming is a key to that. Sure, it bolsters your post count, but only people like Dark keep track of that. :icon_wink:
Again, I'm going to be new to this, so I'll be working my way into a bit of a rhythm for the first week or so.
Any questions for me can be posted here (if appropriate), or PM'd to me here. I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

Looking forward to this experience,
Nystagmus.

(yes, I will always type in green.)
(and yes, I took this layout from Penguin. and I love him for it. <3)

DeletedUser

John has a pretty face. Welcome to flame central. We could do a "Most likely to get infracted/banned" list for you hehe

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

When you got hired to mod 51 forums do you get a Ban, infract, warning history to study or do we all get a clean slate? Id imagine you get a list, but have no clue.

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Yay, another generic intro bit by a mod saying to follow the forum rules and to keep insults etc out of it.

Haven't seen one of these in he last 40 odd worlds... o wait.

DeletedUser

Yay another post by therin...joy, was looking forward to reading another... Oh wait, that was a huge lie...

Hey Nyst, nice to have you here :)

DeletedUser

Welcome Nyst! I hope you enjoy your stay with us :)

May I ask: What happened to Green?

Wallam

When you got hired to mod 51 forums do you get a Ban, infract, warning history to study or do we all get a clean slate? Id imagine you get a list, but have no clue.

No, but you can ask an elder who is assigned to the world who the problem posters are.

Wallam. Ex-Forum Mod (twice) :D

DeletedUser

Do I have 1 infract left which I can use? I collect infractions...

DeletedUser

I try to get one from all my friends and mods. I think timo got me started on the collection a good few years back.

Hey wallam, did you know timo is an elder mod now? And lizy is gone. Times have sure changed. At least we still have morthy. I love fat morthy for christmas (or w/e the message was on the top 10 then :lol:)

Wallam

I try to get one from all my friends and mods. I think timo got me started on the collection a good few years back.

Hey wallam, did you know timo is an elder mod now? And lizy is gone. Times have sure changed. At least we still have morthy. I love fat morthy for christmas (or w/e the message was on the top 10 then :lol:)

Yeah, long time lots of mods later and I am still here.. :icon_surprised:

I think it was "We love fat santa morthy?" cant remember now though. I do remember one of the tribes hopped ranks and it got messed up though :p

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Yay another post by therin...joy, was looking forward to reading another... Oh wait, that was a huge lie...

Hey Nyst, nice to have you here :)

Sorry for being more awesome than you hater.

Get some skills and maybe I'll care about your existence. Maybe.