Shop Competition

DeletedUser

Ok, so I formulated a plan for the shop competition, still open for suggestion.

The Idea:
The idea is to have several small competing team-based shops, and for yours to be the best. This will be decided via a public opinion poll, as that is largely what matters when you are talking about sig shops. You cannot vote for your own shop, however designers do have to vote for one of the other shops (so if we had 3 shops going and you were shop 1, you would have a choice of voting between shop 2 or 3, so you not only have to impress the public, but also for an extra 3 votes your competition, which I think is a nice little bonus.)

Also, the designer skill level will attempt to be spread amongst the shops, to avoid our best designers ending up all in one shop and the beginners all in one shop, for example, however will still attempt to be randomized. This will be done by ranking each designer on a level of 1-3, and drawing each name out of a hat per level, per shop.

The main idea of course is for fun, But I will provide a small pp prize to the winners (100pp or so each).

The Rules:
[SPOIL]
  • No voting for yourself in the poll, but you must vote for one of the other shops.
  • No more than 3 members will be in your shop. (Speed of request completion is also a factor in shops, so with 3 there will still be an element of time pressure that most sig shops have, while not being overly consuming, to judge the best "shop" all round.)
  • No ripping, all your works should be yours. (Goes without saying really, but still.)
  • Do not open the shop until we have finalized everything, and all designers are ready.
  • You may name your shop whatever you like, however you must include that it is part of the competition, so people don't get confused with existing shops, so in the format of: Your Shop Name [Team 1](2-3etc).
  • Whether free or pp required is up to you.
  • The structure of your shop is up to you, whether you wish to have a "leader" or organizer assigning requests by mail, or doing them as they come, or any other set-up as you desire. No "leader" will be elected for you or is required at all.
  • Do not sabotage the others shops. Posting in others shops is only allowed if it is things like to give a requester advice, such as how to use a spoiler sig, etc.

I think that about covers everything, anything else that should be specified please let me know.
[/SPOIL]

The Teams:
[SPOIL]Team 1:
Rock Star Incorporated
Night Terror
SlingShotBaby

Team 2:
armstrongrv
H@rdcore
-Lucari0-

Team 3:
fryerc1
spann94
Unique Fatality

Team 4:
shak.3.el
twillow
yurtles

Team 5:
lawpaok
harbinger297
usey11

Team 6:
Cuddlez
Kash2Smash
TheFarSide

Team 7 :
Matteomatt
Genetic Engineer
Captain TimeForce[/SPOIL]

Start Date: To be decided.
End Date: To be decided.

Any further idea's or feedback (even if you aren't a designer) please post, especially suggestions for improvement.

I think it will be fun, so post if you are interested in taking part, whatever your skill level :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96141

I am A a noob going towards average!!!
bnut ill be here only until the 22nd :(
i cud at least play for a week :D or a round

DeletedUser

So that's something like team battles under the disguise of shops,right?:icon_razz:
I'm in for it...if you want to know my skill level in order to classify me you can take a look at my Showcase for previous works...:)

DeletedUser

Thats a really nice showcase. And its not just to do team battles, each team will also make a request shop and complete requests competitively.

Harb the only thing im worried about is that a certain shop may get more requests than another, making them look better?

DeletedUser

Thanks etan115 and harbinger297...:icon_smile:
So how is the winner going to be found,according to the number of requests that the shop has completed or according to how good they made the request they got?

DeletedUser

Thats a really nice showcase. And its not just to do team battles, each team will also make a request shop and complete requests competitively.

Harb the only thing im worried about is that a certain shop may get more requests than another, making them look better?

That's part of the skill as a shop though, being able to attract people, either through advertising (things like making your own "clicky" sigs) higher quality works than your competitors, how fast you can complete them, how organized you are, etc.

Thanks etan115 and harbinger297...:icon_smile:
So how is the winner going to be found,according to the number of requests that the shop has completed or according to how good they made the request they got?

There will be a poll I think, which will be open to the public for voting, so it will be basically whoever the public thinks was the best shop overall, so it will be basically whos shop looks the best, has the highest quality works, can sell it the best (either the name, the format, layout, etc), everything that makes a good shop.

There will be a set-time frame for the shops (whatever suits everyone the best, somewhere between 1 week, to 1 month, whatever works.) so then the poll will open at the end (I'll do some spam advertising to get people to vote in it too, but everyone loves clicking a button in a poll. :icon_razz:)

Although while writing that it did give me a new idea. What if each shop took turns, then after a week it was closed and locked, then the next shop opened, after a week closed, then the next, after a week closed, and then the poll opened? Or all at once, for a more competitive theme? I am leaning towards all at once, but what do you guys think.

DeletedUser

I believe all at once is better,firstly because of the competiveness and secondly because it will take a large amount of time to do each one separately...

DeletedUser

I'll give it a few days before making the teams to make sure that everyone interested posts, so we can get a better count of numbers.