Short History of World Two

DeletedUser

I should get rid of this banner, from some random world, 15 or something.

World 2 and 8 were definitely the best.

DeletedUser1125

Ahhhh.... I remember Hamartia. I used to deal with him when AtenX was Xig. Then later, when I was a diplomat for Aten he reaffirmed the promise that he had made to the AtenE leaders to never attack. I think that WB was practically an unofficial branch of HOT and after Hamartia gave up leadership the WB members might have been under a lot of pressure from HOT to join with them against Aten. Really a bad idea as they bordered with about three of the Aten branches and we could, and did, launch a lot of very short distance attacks against them.

That's the problem when you have a strong nap or alliance with your neighbor for a long time. When you do go to war your front line vils are generally not prepared, and once your front lines are run over, you're toast.

S

Came across this message from Hamartia in my inbox, dated 1/9/2009. Thought it might interest a few people.

Scarus,

After stepping out of the game (and not checking back in) for nearly 6 months now... I decided to check back in and see what was happening.

Actually, I was prompted by a warbander who mentioned that WB1066 was no more.

I see much has happened. I'm pretty sure you know more than I do (from reading the forums for the last hour).

There's really only one reason for me writing this email. Here it is:
I knew when I turned over my account to the sitter that final time that my reputation would be ended. I had never, ever in the history of W2 lost a village to hostile action. I was pretty proud of that.
Also, I had never, ever broken my word to an ally. I was pretty proud of that as well.

I had promised you and Idefix that as long as I was around, Warband would never declare on AtenX or AtenE. I also promised that Warband would never rejoin a family tribe.

At some level, I feel the need to tell you that I kept my word on all three accounts. I left in July before all this "stuff" went down. Maybe I felt it coming, but my reason for leaving was personal. My wife had our first child and I was working at a new job and didn't have time to play this game anymore.

For a long time, I reckoned that I would simply delete my account so that I go down saying that no one had ever beaten me. But it seemed like a selfish thing to do to my loyal members. I had a big account in strategic locations. I decided that it would be wrong to just end that. Moreover, although I would have liked to send farewells to everyone outside of my tribe, I knew that my account was worth more if people thought I was still around. In fact, most of Warband did not know I wasn't coming back.

So I let them have it and willingly let them deceive everyone with it for as long as they could.

For that, I am sorry, but I hope that you will understand.

I hope all is well and you are still having some fun (if you are still playing).

Best of luck in the future, my friend.

Always,

Hamartia
(Peter)