Sig of the Month - May Voting thread

Comic Signature

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I am excited to post the entries for the May signature contest. This is the first contest in years and having the full ten entries was more than expected. Thank you to everyone who submitted their work! The theme was Comics and artists were allowed to use anything from a comic book/movie and incorporate it into their signature. Please vote for the signature you like the best. Signatures per rules will remain anonymous as far as the artist until after where the top artist will be recognized as the winner. Feel free to discuss the signatures, who got your vote and why. Please do not flame or discourage any artists work. Good luck.

sig_contest_5_24_by_monkytre53-d8um43u.jpg

Zb3xbBW.png

gnSyKuX.png

comic1.png

MlxIyJt.png

F4yetQT.png

Preacher_zpsbxee1jzd.png

bf5njb.jpg

5mQmkZi.png

Last edited:

Repinski

Voted for #10 myself. Something about it just pulled me in. Was a tough call between it and #7 for me but since I did a lot of feedback on #7 during the development process I decided to go with #10 in the light of trying to avoid bias.

As for why #10 in a little more detail. It's simple, yet there is no wasted space. The color pallet works amazingly well together with only pale versions being present. It's not too showy and just gets right to the point.

crimsoni

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I like 9, but the focal point is rather unclear.

I also like 3, however the focal point gets clouded due to the text boxes. I like how the two text boxes balance the focal point though, it's a nice strategy but I think it would have worked better in the two other corners.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I had a tough time between 3 and 9. 9 was well executed and themed. 3 ended up with my vote. I thought it showed great depth, i enjoyed the filter effects and it looked like a panel straight from the comics. I agree the text boxes could have been manipulated differently but it was still effective.

DeletedUser

I was torn between between 5 and 6. All of these for the first contest in more than 2 years it seems have been done very well.

FamousInferno

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Some very impressive sigs, Honestly a fan for all of them but in terms of personal preference number 5 was my favourite.

DeletedUser

Due to the constant battering to me and the constant nagging. I'm withdrawing from this competition. It isn't worth the constant mails and battering posts from fellow players on my work of legitimacy or being accused of cheating. It is pathetic that people have 5 accounts all claiming it is me. The same person who hacked my profile and upped the profile views.

So to me it isn't worth busting my butt to make a signature i truly enjoy and to give back to the TW community at this time. With this i withdraw from this competition.

Ash

Prometheus

In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Team
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, Ash. I really did like you Sig. If you stay you'll have a great shot at winning this whole thing. Don't let a bunch of trolls beat you.

DeletedUser112079

He did it himself :/ (referring to Ash "hacking" his profile views)

Last edited by a moderator:

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Thank you all for your input - Please keep all discussion on the work. This is not a thread for all of you playing CSI.

Repinski

Due to the constant battering to me and the constant nagging. I'm withdrawing from this competition. It isn't worth the constant mails and battering posts from fellow players on my work of legitimacy or being accused of cheating. It is pathetic that people have 5 accounts all claiming it is me. The same person who hacked my profile and upped the profile views.

So to me it isn't worth busting my butt to make a signature i truly enjoy and to give back to the TW community at this time. With this i withdraw from this competition.

Ash

Sad to see you're pulling it out. It really was a very nice piece Ash. I'll refrain from voting again due to this. I already casted my vote, whether it's in the competition or not.

DeletedUser

I voted for 6 -- only because the graphic for 7 wasn't showing up for me.

DeletedUser

Sad to see you're pulling it out. It really was a very nice piece Ash. I'll refrain from voting again due to this. I already casted my vote, whether it's in the competition or not.

Thanks maybe ill do next one

Zalinor

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Must be 24hrs left maximum now so drum roll please it's still looking tight, great work by all the designers by the way.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
In first place - Undead Billy Mays
In second place - Harbinger297
In third place - Zalinor, Zenron the Great, Monky, and IdoImpossibleThings

This means the prize for next month is doubled -

New contest thread will start on Friday

Zalinor

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Congrats all! Probably should change my current forum sig now then as it's a bit poor. Thanks for the votes those who voted for mine.