*sigh* Family Tribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzler

Inactivity is more likely to occur? why:icon_confused: Perhaps different idea's and different goals, but separate leaders in family tribes is common. And so is allies always supporting each other.

There was a pole that said 1/3 of people didn't believe in the holocaust, pole's really mean nothing.

It is more likely to occur because of the amount of people.
The reason there are so many people is because of the recruiting they do.
Normal tribes obviously get inactives but are able to deal with them more efficiently as they don't have to go through the process of seeking the family leaders approval. More tribes- more chance of inactives

They would be seperate leaders but all under one big leader.

A poll is peoples opinion, not fact.

Im a flirt77

There was a pole that said 1/3 of people didn't believe in the holocaust, pole's really mean nothing.
Where, in Iran?

I think, correct me if I'm wrong, but what hedge clippers is saying is if 2 allys always support each other there is little difference than a family tribe. I disagree but I wont argue my side if that isn't what you mean at all.

DeletedUser

It is more likely to occur because of the amount of people.
The reason there are so many people is because of the recruiting they do.
Normal tribes obviously get inactives but are able to deal with them more efficiently as they don't have to go through the process of seeking the family leaders approval. More tribes- more chance of inactives

They would be seperate leaders but all under one big leader.

A poll is peoples opinion, not fact.
See your making up specifics again.... If the only real difference is that they have the same goals and leadership, then does that not just mean it is a better form of an alliance?

Isnt it better to have two people working together for the same goal rather than two people working together for separate goals?

DeletedUser

Alliances are conditional, different leaders, can be broken.
A family tribe is one overall leader leading many tribes, the reason they fail is because they are so eager to recruit they don't know who they are recruiting.
Also because even if they have a good leader, to control so many people that leader must delegate responsibilities to people he knows little about.
They are usually filled with inactives.

An alliance has double the leaders, so double the scruitiny on recruits and double the control over the tribe.
Less chance of spies, inactivity etc.

and tbh, i would trust a good allience over a family tribe anyday

Rizzler

See your making up specifics again.... If the only real difference is that they have the same goals and leadership, then does that not just mean it is a better form of an alliance?

Isnt it better to have two people working together for the same goal rather than two people working together for separate goals?

No it does not.
Different goals isn't a bad thing its just different ideas.
If 2 people are going for 2 seperate goals but helping eachother aswell then they will have completed 2 goals.

This is pointless.
An alliance is different from a family tribe, that's just something you have to accept.
I have never heard anyone describe them as the same before

DeletedUser

This is pointless.
An alliance is different from a family tribe, that's just something you have to accept.
I have never heard anyone describe them as the same before
I never said they were the same, merely very similar, and in some regards one could have an advantage over the other. Distrust is much easier to seed within allies than a family tribe which would be more intricately connected.

DeletedUser

I never said they were the same, merely very similar, and in some regards one could have an advantage over the other. Distrust is much easier to seed within allies than a family tribe which would be more intricately connected.

Actually I can prove you wrong on that...:icon_wink:
W21 24/7 & R~L
These were two family tribes... I admit I was in both... moved from 24/7 to R~L because low points but then 24/7 backstabbed R~L so Family tribes doesn't mean you have trust it's really just a mere way of getting more players for mass recruiters and thouse that don't like them that have powerful leadership will just take out later because the family doesn't expect it.

In that case family tribes = Phail.:icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

Actually I can prove you wrong on that...:icon_wink:
W21 24/7 & R~L
These were two family tribes... I admit I was in both... moved from 24/7 to R~L because low points but then 24/7 backstabbed R~L so Family tribes doesn't mean you have trust it's really just a mere way of getting more players for mass recruiters and thouse that don't like them that have powerful leadership will just take out later because the family doesn't expect it.

In that case family tribes = Phail.:icon_twisted:

I didnt say never, I mean that is the most illogical argument ever, it happened once, so all family tribes are like that:icon_confused: Did you even think that one through. There are specific instances of tons of things, but the idea is what I am defending. Who carries those ideas out has a huge barring on their success.

Rizzler

I think distrust would probably be easier to seed within families.
More people= more chance of unloyal members

Warren85

My opinoin on family tribes:

A family tribe ran perfectly would come out on top, 100% of the time. The idea of a 'family' tribe is sound, but hard to pull of since your not only leading (in this worlds case) 40-50 members your running several tribes which can add up to 200 odd members (if you have enough branches that is). - You have to be a very good leader, organized.. you must share out responsabilities to the right people and be tuff on everyone (to avoid 'slackers'), people go inactive on this world, all the time (even the really good ones) so this would also be a contributing factor to making running a family tribe more difficult

I believe the reason why family tribes fail is because they aren't rarely ran properly/perfectly.. But when they are they, in theory.. take the world, with absolute ease.. (i havnt really seen any/many suceed.. yet)

I believe that there arent too many differences between family and alliences except my analogy:

An allience would be compared to a bestfriend right?.. And a brother/sister/father (etc) tribe would be compared with a brother/sister/father (etc) right? Well, who are you more likely to stick with?.. Your best mate, or your brothers and sisters? (theres your answer)

In reference to family tribes backstabbing eachother I believe that their heart wasn't really init to begin with, but if you stick together through everything.. success is the only light they'll see...

DeletedUser

This was the point I was trying to get across with what I said above.

I know not all family tribes are like that but I've known most are that way.

DeletedUser

I don't fully agree with this. I think there could be more chance of distrust between allied tribes than in a family tribe. Usually tribes form an alliance to work together on something that will benefit them both, right? Theres always the case that one tribe could just be using the other tribe for their own benefit in the long term. Would take a lot to completely trust an allied tribe.

Rizzler

yeah, but then again families share a lot more information than allies.
Allies are trusted with caution so if a split occurs not too much information is compromised.
Families need to share info t be able to work, so a split their could have much worse consequences.

Im a flirt77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzler

I don't fully agree with this. I think there could be more chance of distrust between allied tribes than in a family tribe. Usually tribes form an alliance to work together on something that will benefit them both, right? Theres always the case that one tribe could just be using the other tribe for their own benefit in the long term. Would take a lot to completely trust an allied tribe.
I side with scoregasm on this one, although family tribes pass more information on to each other they generally co-ordinate better, especially if theirs one leader. With allies you've got 2 separate party's who are both looking out for their own interests. Heck the only reason they would make the alliance in the first place was for their own interests. So accept in a few cases such as the 2 allied leaders are rl friends or friends from another world, the family is tighter.

DeletedUser

That's not many :lol:

At the beginning of w11 the Aten family had over 40 branches :icon_eek:

I would expect that other worlds have seen worse :icon_rolleyes:

I think that the difference between a successful family tribe and all the others is the age of the world. A late-game family will probably succeed, because its members have learned their craft, while an early-game family is infested with noobs and nubs :lol:

Additionally, the introduction of Shared Forums about a year ago was a game-unbalancing gift to family tribes that makes their organisation a whole lot easier :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

I like the eagle family. They take the family to the next level...

Right now due to a string of bad luck, terrible placement, and unable to get my own tribe to get a float I am now in this tribe. I have to say I have never been a Family Tribe Hugger but I am right now PA committed.

I'm surprised there aren't as many family tribes in this world because of its low low tribe member limit. The way I look at family tribes is that they are mainly hit and miss (very much miss) but there are some family tribes that do work out for a while. During this while is when potential players had better shine or they are doomed. Right now I'm waiting to see how this world will play out before deciding how much more I should commit to this world.

Theres my 2 cents on a family tribe.

DeletedUser

Family tribes DO work as long as the family keeps very close contact. With a family even small tribes can take down the very biggest like the Prime family and GBKRM family took down nova very quickly with ease.

DeletedUser

ehh,dont know bout families but they tend to loose contact between eachother quickly
the dukes/barons still communicate but the members dont

Evilness

Status
Not open for further replies.