Silent war?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaX

I will always love HC over sword :p .. don't know why RHCP loves sword. Sim isn't everything!

DeletedUser65940

Swords rule.

1 sword:
1 population

General Defense 50/pop
Cavalry Defense 15/pop
Archer Defense 40/pop

1 HC:

6 population

General Defense 200/6 pop = 33.3333/pop
Cavalry Defense 80/6 pop = 13.3333/pop
Archer Defense 180/6 pop = 30/pop

Sure, swords take a lot longer to build, but they are sure worth it.

DeletedUser

Swords rule.

1 sword:
1 population

General Defense 50/pop
Cavalry Defense 15/pop
Archer Defense 40/pop

1 HC:

6 population

Sure, swords take a lot longer to build, but they are sure worth it.

Exactly right. Don't let these BD noobs tell you HC is better. Keep building your spear/sword/archer defenses!

DeletedUser66411

Good luck with your build, and travel times, when I nuke all your villages :)

DeletedUser

DJ you baffoon ... you're not supposed to let on there's a problem with swords :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser66411

DJ you baffoon ... you're not supposed to let on there's a problem with swords :icon_rolleyes:

Oops. When I posted that I was pretty sure, he was aware of everyones sarcasm. Maybe not :icon_rolleyes:

spleen mage

I think everyone understands that HC travel faster then swords, that doesn't mean it's better. I'v had the HC vs SW debate with many people, and I have yet to see a convincing argument for either side that proves it is better then the other. It's the travel time vs. stopping power argument.

Lots of people decided to jump on the HC band-wagon and automatically assume it's superior. HC might be a players personal preference, but a player would have to be fairly ignorant to think swords are useless or noobish. Using a "HC strat" does not neccesarily make you a better player.

Last edited:

DeletedUser65940

I think everyone understands that HC travel faster then swords, that doesn't mean it's better. I'v had the HC vs SW debate with many people, and I have yet to see a convincing argument for either side that proves it is better then the other. It's the travel time vs. stopping power argument.

Lots of people decided to jump on the HC band-wagon and automatically assume it's superior. HC might be a players personal preference, but a player would have to be fairly ignorant to think swords are useless or noobish. Using a "HC strat" does not neccesarily make you a better player.

well put,

Both HC and swords have their advantages and disadvantages.

These include:
Cost:
1 sword costs 30 wood, 30 clay and 70 iron
1 HC costs 200 wood, 150 clay and 600 iron (thats 33 wood, 25 clay and 100 iron per population)

population:
1 sword = one population
1 HC = six population

defensive capabilities:
Sword
General Defense 50/pop
Cavalry Defense 15/pop
Archer Defense 40/pop

HC

Speed:
Sword take 22 minutes per field
HC takes 11 minutes per field

haul:
Sword can only carry 15 resources
HC can carry 50

Offensive capabilities:
Swords have 25 offense
HC have 150 offense (25 offense/pop)

It varies player to player. Some players like HC for their speed. Others like to farm with HC as opposed to swords/spears/archers. Some players use HC to attack with if a village needs a last minute clearing attack. HC provide better noble support than swords...

I could drivel on for hours but this is not the place, nor can I be bothered.

KarmaX

Don't wanna debate but in defense HC rulez!!! If you wanna know why just keep this example in mind: "Whats the use of medicine after the patient dies?" Village = patient, medicine = HC. You can't get it in time u loose it. Also, mathematically with no interference swords might be better but HC are better in defense more than sword in real war time coz you can get a hell lotta of D villages b4 your swords can reach that village and its fast for rotation so eventually with that calculations kept in mind HC has more defense. Also, during times when there is no battle and your soldiers are boored HC can also be used for farming :p

Michael Wittman

no debate please!!! kaosyeti convinced me on world 14 that HC was the best and no one can persuade me otherwise. fast build, fast support in the end trumps the sword.

look at it this way.

HC= modern armored warfare tactics

Sword= world war 1 mass offensive tactics

DeletedUser

Its not the travel time that makes them so attractive (but its nice). Its the recruitment speed...

spleen mage

Yes, that's true. However, in times of relative peace, recruitment speed often isn't an issue (If you need to build defense quickly, then yes, HC/SP are the way foward.) At the end of the day, both are good albeit different, however I wouldn't put one above the other, as they both have their strengths.

Last edited:

Michael Wittman

ok, yes during peace time and if you have very tight clusters, swords could be a better build. i would just switch scripts once war broke out.

Mick876

Either way we'll fight you, just giving you guys some advice to have some honor for fairplay. Even if you play dirty I welcome you, I'll stand my ground. Also, you don't have to teach me about strategies like knocking down walls, attack rotation, stuffs, etc, even a rookie in TW would know that.

By fleeing to TWC?

Status
Not open for further replies.