Silliest Thing You Ever Did in World 3?

DeletedUser

I've been on this world for a long time. And now I'm not in leadership of any kind, but it seems to me I've always been somewhat in the know or have been at least paying attention. But you post confounds me:

Yeah...we lost 75 million points in villages because of a cheating twit who is now in OT. .

?? What the hell? Are you guys accusing of hacking AGAIN or is this something new? I'm not being cheeky - I really have no idea. I hate baseless accusations. If you are going to accuse someone of doing something either be specific or silent.

Most tribes would have fallen apart or abandoned their leader in times like these...which we've faced countless times. Who does that sound like?

?? Does this sound like FF when Mattaus was banned? This sentence makes no sense to me. As the world gets smaller consolidation has been beneficial. It doesn't matter what tribe I'm in whether it be Cult, OT or TUGA (Phylo rules!) As I posted above, Those in Cult are smaller in number, but per capita are taking more overall villages than DD and are handily kicking DD's butt in caps.

Oh, and the only reason Cult held together at all was the maneuvering brilliantly devised by Mrs. C to get us to a new phase in our world. Thank goodness of that plan...or we'd still be back in the 6th circle of hell. Now at least we've moved onto circle 7.
Yes - Becky's leadership is rock solid and awesome. The removal of morale has made me a happy camper indeed!

However, I don't understand though how removing morale and eliminating restarts was the "only reason Cult held together". Again, they seem to be doing fine against DD to me before and after the new rules. :icon_wink:

Reminder: Kreger said Cult/OT would win the war by the end of the year. We have less than 50 days.....
Maybe the new batch of players on your accounts will get bored by Christmas - you never can tell what Santa will bring!

DeletedUser

I've been on this world for a long time. And now I'm not in leadership of any kind, but it seems to me I've always been somewhat in the know or have been at least paying attention. But you post confounds me:

?? What the hell? Are you guys accusing of hacking AGAIN or is this something new? I'm not being cheeky - I really have no idea. I hate baseless accusations. If you are going to accuse someone of doing something either be specific or silent.

?? Does this sound like FF when Mattaus was banned? This sentence makes no sense to me. As the world gets smaller consolidation has been beneficial. It doesn't matter what tribe I'm in whether it be Cult, OT or TUGA (Phylo rules!) As I posted above, Those in Cult are smaller in number, but per capita are taking more overall villages than DD and are handily kicking DD's butt in caps.

Yes - Becky's leadership is rock solid and awesome. The removal of morale has made me a happy camper indeed!

However, I don't understand though how removing morale and eliminating restarts was the "only reason Cult held together". Again, they seem to be doing fine against DD to me before and after the new rules. :icon_wink:

Maybe the new batch of players on your accounts will get bored by Christmas - you never can tell what Santa will bring!

Splitting quotes is too annoying for me, so you get it in one.

1) I don't know how hush hush Becky is keeping it, but if you want more information on that situation, you can always just ask her about it - as I doubt it'd be believed from our side. Not that I care what you believe or not, facts can't be changed.

2) So you're saying those that bailed on Cult to join OT did so with the blessing of Kreger and other Cult leadership? some of which hit delete? Sure sure.

3) Cult are not doing fine.
Villages conquered in the past 7 days: 3 CULT 375
Villages lost in the past 7 days: 2 CULT 401

They're not even keeping afloat anymore.

4) If you think it's only D*D that gets new people for accounts - you need to have a reality check.

DeletedUser

I apologize AP...I assumed it was fairly common knowledge as to what happened. Unfortunately the details cannot be discussed on the public forums, hence why I only hinted at what happened. If you want to know what happened, mail me in game. Or ask Becky, as GS suggested.

Now, as for Cult staying afloat...did not players that were in OT go into Cult to have the end phase (or whatever it's called), some of which stayed? If not, then I'm obviously mistaken, but I remember a shift of players.

Other statistical information to back up the Cult fade. Since 9/8/10, the tribes have lost the following number of total players:

Cult 73 -76 (51%)
D*D 76 -57 (42.9%)
OT 51 -37 (42%)

(first number is current membership, second is overall loss, 3rd is percentage loss).

And maybe D*D will lose some of the "new batch of players". But like our enemy, we try to find new players for accounts that have seen their player left. Well I don't. I don't know anyone. :)

And a big reason...HUGE reason...why D*D is facing losses in war stats is quite simple: with the loss of two large players (which I mentioned yesterday) we have had to scramble to save our lines. Our enemy has the luxury to take villages that were once securely in our hands and also hit our front lines.

Believe me...I wish we had that same luxury...but being down approximately 65:35 in village counts, we have to do the smart thing all the time, not the luxurious thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't really wanna bee like that but i would call this war pretty even,even tho Cult's side have lost over 40 tribes on the way... i wonder how the caps would look like if we could get the stats from the beggining of this war? when cult had like,20-30-40 tribes as academy/family tribes,while D*D,FF and so on had max 5 what so ever i can rember.. hmm.. fun to see someone bee so "Oh we are winning and we are best" when they only got stats for their current tribe that also took some OT players over that wasent the size of a bana,right? so lets just shut up about winning and loosing,cuz the stats shows ur winning but the player losses have been extremly more than for D*D's side,right? now can we STOP been sucha kids and keep the dirty talk internal and stop sounding like the n00bs in the beggining of the war?

Just saying...

DeletedUser

I don't really wanna bee like that but i would call this war pretty even,even tho Cult's side have lost over 40 tribes on the way... when cult had like,20-30-40 tribes as academy/family tribes,while D*D,FF and so on had max 5 what so ever i can rember..

Just to help you out because you clearly don't remember even close how many tribe you side had from the beginning till now-
First our side cult had at the start of the war like 24 tribes or max 26 never 40 lol
At you side from the start till now I remember :
4 FF tribes
3 D*D tribes
1 ELITE tribe that joined your side at some part of the war
1 GRIGNR
3 HORDE tribe that merged with FF+ D*D
1 JUVE also merged with D*D
3 PDM tribes that merged with D*D

ok these are all that I remember. I am posting these because I hate when somebody say these war was not even.
I even found some of my old post when.I was checking the statistic from tw stats... From here you can see that at one stage of the war you side had upper hand because of 100 mil more points and that also mean you guys had more villages-...

0ld post :

2008,November 20th, 06:45
Posted By slayerbracic

About controlling half of the world.
Lets look the new dominance map.
FF+D*D+ GRIGNR= control 40 continents
cult+OT = 38
///////////////

2008,October 19th, 03:25

D*D vs Cult

Ok done.
F*F+D*D+GRIGNR+ PDM= 992 mil. points
Vs
cult+ot = 890 mil points.

And now tell me who has more troops?

//////////////////////

So in the end we can say : -our side lost more tribes and players
- you side lost more points and villages (and with lost I am counting also the villages that went barb not only enemy caps....)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Interesting numbers Slayer...but I question some of those totals. Are you saying Cult only had 24 or 26 tribes? I'll buy that, but not the entire side that Cult is on.

Further, you're really stretching some of those tribes on our side. First, Juve was basically driven to our side, and was completely neutral to start. We were just nicer. 2nd, and this might only be my memory, I don't remember 3 Horde tribes that merged into our side. Maybe they did, but if they did most went to FF.

3rd, 3 PDM tribes couldn't have merged into D*D, since when they did we went up to barely over 4 tribes. Again, maybe it was...but that's hard for me to believe.

Lastly, I think....think....FF started with 5 tribes.

I would point out that Cult/OT was never fighting more than 10 tribes at one time.

DeletedUser

I'll shed a bit of light on our side.. as well I did manage it all.

We took in no horde tribe. GRIGNR and T|nb took in Horde. mHorde became M.A.P again which FF then took in - which I recall annoying the hell out of Cult and T|nb. They eventually became FFW for those who don't recall.

PDM had four tribes by time they started to merge into us (they recently took in SM due to the incredibly charming Docred), but those tribes weren't full tribes. At the time D*D had two tribes. D*D|C and D*D|S. A lot of PDM went to D*D|S, the main PDM became D*D|W and another PDM tribe became D*D|N. Members were then moved around accordingly by location and D*D|S was very soon merged into D*D|W/D*D|C.

Juve, a single tribe merged, don't recall the amount of members though. We also took in around 5-10 members from GRIGNR when they fell (my old buddies from B.I.A).

Now to slap out some statistics regarding Cult and OT. When FF declared on Cult in Janurary 2008, Cult had 26 tribes. When OT forgot to declare when they attacked an ally in July 2008, they had 12 tribes. I don't recall for sure what tribes were then brought into Cult/OT since the war, but two key ones I remember was H-O-J that became CultJ, and of course ROA. You can look up this information via Hightower's very awesome, yet highly missed war stats topic. First page.

DeletedUser

I only read here once or twice a month these days and to my surprise there was all kinds of stuff to read this time around. Where to start...

we lost 75 million points in villages because of a cheating twit who is now in OT.
This isn't exactly true and we both know the flaws in it, I think. I'll start with what is true. A D*D player approached me about getting an account in OT. The reasons are his own and I won't share them here. I was under the impression that everything was being done above-board and it's my understanding that he also thought he was doing it the "correct" way - leaving one account for another. However, ignorance is not an excuse and the rules were broken. The price was paid. It's unfortunate and I did feel very badly for D*D in this. The rest of the points.. I assume you're referring to 503.. who wanted to quit long before the rest happened. I know this, because he'd told me several times before. Pogues, I think I know you well enough to say you don't want people to stay in this game if they really hate playing it. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Now, as for Cult staying afloat...did not players that were in OT go into Cult to have the end phase (or whatever it's called), some of which stayed? If not, then I'm obviously mistaken, but I remember a shift of players.
They've all returned to OTB.

About Cult losses over the last few week or so. I believe if you look, you'll see a number of those losses are internal noblings. We all do it and it's not exactly fair to use it as a basis when discussing if a tribe is fading or not. Actually, if they're actively eating their inactives, it still seems a good sign of activity to me.

AP - No worries. As you can see, I also felt compelled to post.

To stay on topic... Stupidest thing I ever did here is also one of the best things I ever did here. I got into leadership.

DeletedUser

What happened with that D*D player is open to interpretation. But you felt so bad that you allowed him to continue in your tribe. I'm sure you feel our pain.

As for 503...what his brother did was the straw that crushed him toward this game. Many folks have considered quitting but stayed. But watching your brother not only betray your own tribe but costing it immensely in terms of total villages AND key location, all the while realizing the person you most enjoyed attacking with is now an enemy...well you see what happened.

I maintain had the first player not taken and OT account, the second player would still be playing. But we'll never know. So you tell the story your way, I'll tell it mine.

A former D*D player cheating cost us 75 million points, and months of work to redraw our front lines.

PS: All I ever wanted for punishment was both accounts deleted.

DeletedUser

I asked if there was an option to take a hit with the D*D account and have the other one banned. There wasn't and no one ever came to me to ask that another punishment happen.

503 quit when his girlfriend did. They hit delete at the same time, because neither one of them wanted to play anymore.

DeletedUser50076

WOOO HOOOO I love it when threads go off topic, now where are the sheep?? I needs to celebrate

DeletedUser

"Silliest Thing You Ever Did in World 3?"

Thought I ever had the leadership skills to represent ELITE on the 'world' stage!

(First post here in a LONG while!)

Mozz06

TW3 was my first world.

I did all the standard n00b things here. I started on the inner parts of K76 with a few players of another game I used to play. We were a ~10 strong tribe spready everywhere. I wasn't anywhere near the top players on the continent and in my lack of understanding of the game, I attacked a member of OT with some swords and spears. He attacked back and cleared me out. I think if I was any bigger he would ave just nobled me but he let me live and actually took me under his wing.

The leader of the tribe I was in went AWOL so I joined OT with the rest of the tribe and stuck around for a while.

The silliest move after that? Attacking someone who was in the C.A that outnumbered me. I got a bit of a backlash but the tribe helped out and it was all smoothed over diplomatically. I've entered in wrong co-ords and nobled a tribemates village in the past and I was also a diplomat for OT at one point, that was pretty silly :p

WOOO HOOOO I love it when threads go off topic, now where are the sheep?? I needs to celebrate

I <3 OT Sheep

DeletedUser

*sigh* probably getting on someones account at the local library and going into there account and kicking everyone out of there tribe (besides dukes and barons) and then noticing the team was stiill above the top 100 when iii was a small kid :icon_cry:
Edit: Not sure if it was world 3 actually.