Simple Startup Guide - Spear Rush (Scavenging)

DeletedUser117534

I have written this guide for friends to farm PP more efficiently on w103. Since then we’ve used successfully for a proper startup on W104. Enjoy.
Nest

DAY 1

UPGRADE BUILDING:
PITS TO (3/3/3),
HQ (3),
BARRACKS (2),
MARKET (1),
FARM (2),
WAREHOUSE (3)

COMPLETE 'RECRUIT 20 SPEARMAN' QUEST
UNLOCK SCAVENGING LEVEL 1 & 2
SEND EQUAL AMOUNT OF SPEARS FOR EACH SCAVENGING LEVEL
SCAVENGE 24/7 RE-SENDING TROOPS THE MOMENT THEY BECOME AVAILABLE. IT MIGHT BE QUITE TIME CONSUMING ON DAY 1&2 WHEN YOU HAVE TO LOGIN EVERY 15-20 MINUTES. AS YOU INCREASE NUMBER OF SPEARS SENT FOR EACH LEVEL IT WILL TAKE LONGER FOR TROOPS TO RETURN REDUCING THE AMOUNT OF TIME YOU NEED TO SPEND ON SCAVENGING.
BUILD FARM & WAREHOUSE WHEN NEEDED, DO NOT CONSTRUCT ANY OTHER BUILDINGS
CONVERT IRON TO WOOD FOR 10PP IF POSSIBLE TO SPEED UP RECRUITMENT OF SPEARS
SET THE HAUL FLAG TO INCREASE YOUR SCAVENGING LOOT.

RESULTS:
100 SPEARS 20 SWORDS
6-8K RESOURCES SCAVENGED DEPENDING ON ACTIVITY

DAY 2:

SCAVENGE 24/7
UPGRADE BARRACKS TO LEVEL 6
RECRUIT SPEARS TO 150
SAVE 1000/1200/1000 TO UNLOCK LEVEL 3 SCAVENGING
SPLIT SPEARS EQUALLY BETWEEN ALL THREE LEVELS OF SCAVENGING BUT USE 20 SWORDS FOR LEVEL 1 ONLY.
EXAMPLE:
TOTAL AVAILABLE 150SP/20SW LVL1
SEND LEVEL 1: 50SP/20SW, LEVEL2: 50SP, LEVEL3: 50SP

RESULTS:
300 SP & 20 SW
20-25K SCAVENGED

DAY3:

SCAVENGE 24/7
UPGRADE BARRACKS TO LEVEL 8
KEEP RECRUITING SPEARS TO 750
SAVE 10000/12000/10000 TO UNLOCK LEVEL 4 SCAVENGING
KEEP RECRUITING SPEARS TO 874

RESULTS:
750 SPEARS
45-60K SCAVENGED

DAY4:

STOP RECRUITING SPEARS AT 871 SPEARS
SCAVENGE WITH
241 SP LEVEL 1
230 SP LEVEL 2
207 SP LEVEL 3
193 SP LEVEL 4

FOR PP FARMERS: BUILD THE MARKET UP AND SELL, SELL, SELL

RESULTS
871 SPEARS

80-100K SCAVENGED

Last edited by a moderator:

G3MINI

followed this to the tee building wise, with it i have more than what was expected of day 1 building wise and and was able to get tier 3 of scavenge which i shocked myself with but it only happens with use of quests, but im 1 hours in and have more than you said as fr as scavenge tier and buildings and i allowed tht while spears never stopped building except for swords and even with the several hours they take i will still have a little under 12 hours to reach 150 spears which is easy as i have 100 already, this is not a criticism of your guide as following it made what ive done possible and effective and it only took a slight change from what i am used to to make a big difference , but what im trying to say is this is a wold 1 speed and maybe it time to upgrade the guide

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
followed this to the tee building wise, with it i have more than what was expected of day 1 building wise and and was able to get tier 3 of scavenge which i shocked myself with but it only happens with use of quests, but im 1 hours in and have more than you said as fr as scavenge tier and buildings and i allowed tht while spears never stopped building except for swords and even with the several hours they take i will still have a little under 12 hours to reach 150 spears which is easy as i have 100 already, this is not a criticism of your guide as following it made what ive done possible and effective and it only took a slight change from what i am used to to make a big difference , but what im trying to say is this is a wold 1 speed and maybe it time to upgrade the guide

That's a stupid arguement. By your logic you'd need 10+ different guides cause world speed varies constantly. World speed affects beginner protection too, so it doesn't matter how long things take, just do them in the order Novembre suggested and you'll be golden

Ignoramus of the Law

I have to say, this has been really useful for me on 107. Made a few good PPs so far, looking forward to doing far more.
I even got an invitation in a tribe as their council was impressed with the amount of spears I have. But I have to ask - how did you end up with those precise numbers?

DeletedUser123454

Thanks for this awesome guide, i have followed it exactly and i am currently DAY 3 with 370 spears and 40k looted, the problem is that with a lvl 8 baracks one spear takes 7 minutes to be created so there is no way to reach 750 spears by the end of day 3 and also its impossible to unlock level 4 scavenging in day 3. I find this odd since day 1 and day 2 was exactly as you mentioned, even a little better in my case. So i was wondering, have a made a mistake or is there an error in the guide?

Thank you very much.

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Thanks for this awesome guide, i have followed it exactly and i am currently DAY 3 with 370 spears and 40k looted, the problem is that with a lvl 8 baracks one spear takes 7 minutes to be created so there is no way to reach 750 spears by the end of day 3 and also its impossible to unlock level 4 scavenging in day 3. I find this odd since day 1 and day 2 was exactly as you mentioned, even a little better in my case. So i was wondering, have a made a mistake or is there an error in the guide?

Thank you very much.

Hey there!

What world did you use this on? World speed affects how fast this guide goes and can cause different progress! This guide I believe for world speed 1. Beginner protection is usually longer on slower worlds too

DeletedUser123454

Hey there!

What world did you use this on? World speed affects how fast this guide goes and can cause different progress! This guide I believe for world speed 1. Beginner protection is usually longer on slower worlds too
I used this on a speed 1 world. The strange thing is that the numbers seemed spot on for the first 2 days.

But on day 3 you are supposed to go from 300 spears to 750. On a speed 1 world with a level 8 baracks it takes 7 minutes for 1 spear so the maximum spears you can make in 24 hours would be 1440 minutes that are in 24 hours / diveded by 7 minutes per spear = 205 spears. So from 300+205=505 spears if you are making spears non stop.

Am i wrong somewhere?

Thank you so much for your reply!

de Carstein

Reaction score
Why the 871 exactly? Is there a math behind it? And even wider question - is there ever a moment when I should stop producing spears if i am actively scavenging? Is it for example better to stop at 871 instead of pushing up to 1600? It should be for my benefit in the long run, right?

BabyBoomer

Reaction score
Why the 871 exactly? Is there a math behind it? And even wider question - is there ever a moment when I should stop producing spears if i am actively scavenging? Is it for example better to stop at 871 instead of pushing up to 1600? It should be for my benefit in the long run, right?

It seems to me that there's really no reason to build 800 spears in the first place, except that you're using them for scavenging. The thing with scavenging is, the more spears you are using, the lower efficiency you get. From my calculations, 10 spears scavenging at level 3 nets you 25.5 resources per hour, per spear. But use 200 spears on level 3, and that drops precipitously to 5.5 resources per hour, per spear.

I'm assuming here that the 871 recommendation indicates that beyond that level the most efficient scavenging income drops below the threshold for scavenging to be more effective than farming instead, and at that point, you may as well be looking to LC to do your farming.

Olve

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Por que no los dos? (why not both).

Scavenging scales all the way, and theyre the perfect unit to produce alongside LC bcs they eat different resources and evens out.

BabyBoomer

Reaction score
Por que no los dos? (why not both).

Scavenging scales all the way, and theyre the perfect unit to produce alongside LC bcs they eat different resources and evens out.

I'm not sure what you mean by "all the way" but I do know that the effectiveness of scavenging does not scale in a linear manner. The more spears you send scavenging, the less effective it is.

Olve

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "all the way" but I do know that the effectiveness of scavenging does not scale in a linear manner. The more spears you send scavenging, the less effective it is.
1000 spear scavenges more than 500 spears (per hour)
2000 spears scavenges more than 1000 spears (per hour)
22000 spears scavenges more than 10000 spears (per hour)
Ofc, the "increase" from 500 to 1000, and 100 to 2000, is a lot higher than the 2000 to 5000, but you still get more as you produce.

^heres a calculator

The Quacks

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
If the goal is pp farming I would stop at 1000, and meanwhile put the pits to 30

Last edited:

BabyBoomer

Reaction score
1000 spear scavenges more than 500 spears (per hour)
2000 spears scavenges more than 1000 spears (per hour)
22000 spears scavenges more than 10000 spears (per hour)
Ofc, the "increase" from 500 to 1000, and 100 to 2000, is a lot higher than the 2000 to 5000, but you still get more as you produce.

^heres a calculator

Right off the bat, I can tell you that I'm getting more than 500 res per hour from scavenging with significantly less than 1000 spears. So, that tool you're using is crap. Also, you're completely missing the point. The real metric that matters is resources PER SPEAR per hour.

Olve

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Haha... My god I gave you a calculator, and my explanation was that the more you scavenge with the more resources you get.

Use the calculator to find your "spear per hour metric", but if you wanna make PP you still wanna go higher than 400p lol

BabyBoomer

Reaction score
Haha... My god I gave you a calculator, and my explanation was that the more you scavenge with the more resources you get.

Use the calculator to find your "spear per hour metric", but if you wanna make PP you still wanna go higher than 400p lol

Number one: The calculator you're using is wrong, plain and simple. It does not work correctly. I already told you this.

Number two: Even if it was accurate, according to its calculations scavenging only gives you .5 resources per spear, per hour. As in, one half! That is a ridiculously low income and you would be a fool to bother scavenging at all if that's all it gave you.

Number three: Gross resources are pretty much irrelevant. If you can't understand that the most important resource in this game is time, then you shouldn't even bother playing. And on that note, you're clearly not worth mine.