Simple Startup Guide - Spear Rush (Scavenging)

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I'm just going to throw this in here

tenor.gif

Olve

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Number one: The calculator you're using is wrong, plain and simple. It does not work correctly. I already told you this.

Number two: Even if it was accurate, according to its calculations scavenging only gives you .5 resources per spear, per hour. As in, one half! That is a ridiculously low income and you would be a fool to bother scavenging at all if that's all it gave you.

Number three: Gross resources are pretty much irrelevant. If you can't understand that the most important resource in this game is time, then you shouldn't even bother playing. And on that note, you're clearly not worth mine.
You know what... Forget it... You do you...

Olve

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Btw, this guy is spouting bullshit about the calculator. It is correct, calculates it correctly, and will give you a good view on what scavenging does.

Treat scavenging like your 4th resource pit, it is passive income with 0 risks, and troops are made as a means to an end. *hint* tribalwars

BabyBoomer

Reaction score
I'm just going to throw this in here

tenor.gif

Oh, so now you're going to pretend that you're an intellectual and know a few things that others don't. If that's the case, then you should actually do some research into the real Dunning-Kruger effect, and not the grossly inaccurate version that is passed around as internet pop psychology. Because this post really proves that you're just a pathetic internet tough guy who projects their failings on others.

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Oh, so now you're going to pretend that you're an intellectual and know a few things that others don't. If that's the case, then you should actually do some research into the real Dunning-Kruger effect, and not the grossly inaccurate version that is passed around as internet pop psychology. Because this post really proves that you're just a pathetic internet tough guy who projects their failings on others.

Hey man, usually I agree that it's used way too much as a buzzword, but in this case, it's highly applicable :D
When pretty much everyone that has any knowledge about coding agrees with how scripts are loaded for TW, AND agrees that that calculator from Daniel is amazing including all the math underneath it checking out, and YOU are the only one disagreeing acting all high and mighty, I think that should call for you to do some inner reflection if you MIGHT be wrong about your stance. Idk. You do you tho :D

Olve

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Nono, god has descended on us, calm down. He speaks the rules of the galaxy, he owns truths and understanding beyond our imagination. Playing worlds and having scavenging yields be exactly the same as the calculator is just lies and blasphemy.

Praise our new overlord, a true goldfish among men

BabyBoomer

Reaction score
Hey man, usually I agree that it's used way too much as a buzzword, but in this case, it's highly applicable :D
When pretty much everyone that has any knowledge about coding agrees with how scripts are loaded for TW, AND agrees that that calculator from Daniel is amazing including all the math underneath it checking out, and YOU are the only one disagreeing acting all high and mighty, I think that should call for you to do some inner reflection if you MIGHT be wrong about your stance. Idk. You do you tho :D

Everything you have to say is either an ad hominem, or it's a bandwagon fallacy. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, you also are invoking fairy tale psychological research. I certainly can't say that "doing me" is the best thing a person can do, but it's clearly superior to doing you.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Number one: The calculator you're using is wrong, plain and simple. It does not work correctly. I already told you this.

Number two: Even if it was accurate, according to its calculations scavenging only gives you .5 resources per spear, per hour. As in, one half! That is a ridiculously low income and you would be a fool to bother scavenging at all if that's all it gave you.

Number three: Gross resources are pretty much irrelevant. If you can't understand that the most important resource in this game is time, then you shouldn't even bother playing. And on that note, you're clearly not worth mine.

Ok mate explain to me how you are going to unlock level 4 while scavenging with 40 spears

BabyBoomer

Reaction score
Ok mate explain to me how you are going to unlock level 4 while scavenging with 40 spears

Nobody said any such thing in the first place. The question is whether the OP's suggestion of stopping at 871 spears is sufficient. I say it is. Possibly may be a little overboard. I'm inclined to expect that if you're going to build more spears than that, you're going to be better off if you start using some of them for farming instead of scavenging. Not to mention that you'll miss the farm space when you're ready to noble but you don't have much of a nuke.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Nobody said any such thing in the first place. The question is whether the OP's suggestion of stopping at 871 spears is sufficient. I say it is. Possibly may be a little overboard. I'm inclined to expect that if you're going to build more spears than that, you're going to be better off if you start using some of them for farming instead of scavenging. Not to mention that you'll miss the farm space when you're ready to noble but you don't have much of a nuke.

Ok how about another aspect of the build.

At a world speed of 1.2 when does the haul flag become better?