Simulator now available for excel

DeletedUser

What does this tool do?

CapisSimulator(CSim), uses the same formulas as the simulator online. Now, I am improving the CSim to have many more features than the simulator online, and off course, all this features will be at your advantage, and amazingly, for totally free(if you already have Excel)!

CSim33Ex.png

How do I get this tool?

You simply click the link below which fits your world, and at the new tab or window in your browser, you download it. From now on, it is up to you weither to make good use of it, or just leave it lying there :icon_wink:

Remember; all downloads on this page will always be the most updated, so if you want to check if there is a new version you just need to check this first post.

Newest verstion: CSim v3.32 ------ for all worlds(included custom ones) and for all excel versions:

CSimulator v3.32 for all excel versions

To open this file use any unzipping tool(WinZip/WinRar...), and save the whole unzipped file to anywhere on your computer(like the desktop). Open file, and chose your excel version.

Here is an older version which doesn't require use of unzipping program, but it's only for archer worlds, and may contain some bugs.

CSim Arch v3.0 for Excel 2007

CSim Arch v3.0 for Excel 1997-2003

NB: You will need Excel(link to free trial of excel 2007 for 60 days)

How do I use this tool when downloaded?

Just open the downloaded sheet, and the tool is in your power ;)

VERY IMPORTANT; Enable macros if you are asked. If you still have them off, go to macro security(depending on which excel version you have the location of this will be deferent; google it if you need further help on how to do this), and set it to the lowest level.

A "How to use" guide might be added here.

Why should I use this tool instead of the one in-game?

- The CSim Will show exact results, like the simulator you are accostumed to use online.
- The CSim is also very user friendly, and it might be easier to use than the online one.
- The CSim features many information tools, which are not included in the simulator online, and which you can use to analize your or others strategy.
- If you ever wanted to work out your strategy by simulating, but you have no internet acces for the moment you can still use the CSim excel sheet offline.
- You ever wanted to save a simulation while working online, and put it into the simulator later, either to compare the losses with another simulation, or to just reload it? With CSim you can save until 12 simulations, 3 set-up nukes, and 3 set-up deffenses, and load them at the easely click of one button!
- CSim also includes a tool many people have asked for; it will indicate how many nukes will be needed to kill a deffence.
- You will now also be able to get the attacker or defender units in 0,0,0,0.... format, so you can easely put it in a recruiting script!

Troubleshooting

If you get #NAME errors:

In macro security choose the last option, "Activate all macros."

If you are getting #VALUE errors:,

Please post in this thread or pm me with a screenshot of your problem and I will try to solve it.

For Last version(check Newest version):

1. - Locate folder with the excel simulator application(CSim v3.32 Basic+.xlsm/CSim v3.32 Basic+.xls).

2. - Chek if it is inside a folder called CSimulator v3.32 Basic+.

3.- In this folder(where the CSim is), you should also see a folder called Icons

4.- In the folder called Icons there should be 6 icons; church, stature, unit_archer, unit_knight, unit_marcher and unit_priest.

5. - If any of the things described is missing or in wrong place, the fastest thing you can do is download the CSim again(it might have been updated with bugs fixed), then "Open with" ... WinZip/WinRar(recommended).

6. - When you open the compressed folder choose all(Ctrl + A), and extract the content to anywhere on the computer you wish(as example desktop, or downloads).

7. - Open the CSimulator v3.32 folder, and choose your excel version, and play with the sim as you wish.

If you think it's a pain opening the folder each time, you can just create a shortcut to your excel version on the desktop or something ... :icon_wink:

IMPORTANT: If you find it difficult to use, please give me ideas of how you would like it to be for the next version =)

If you find any bug, or if you have any opinion/wish to make this better, please post.

If you want the unlocked sheet with all formulas please mail me telling me what you can provide by using it ;)

People who made this work; Credits

I must say; I never really made the formulas by myself; only thing I did was using formulas other people had found by searching for the formulas in the forums over and over again.
Here are the people who cracked the real formulas, and who make the CSim possible:

- Cheesaurus; without you, the basic of the CSim would never have been done, and the project might just have been a thought in my mind yet.

- N Leandro: thanks to you I was able to implement the Wall and Ram system, at least some of the formulas. The scout formula was also thanks to you.

- Torridity: I must thank you for finding the last wall formulas and the catapult formula, without you, TW would never have seen the finished version of CSim!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ok...because this is so much more convenient than using the rally point...

(Is there something that I'm missing here?)

DeletedUser

Nice work capibarbaroja.
Wall is a little tricky as you have to look up the wiki for the percentage increase in def for the troops depending on its level and you have to add its basic def depending on its level also.

Until TW decides to get more reliable servers, it is more convenient.

DeletedUser

Thanks for your opinion =)

Btw, I will soon add new features too, as resources lost, and time it will take to produce your army(I already have them done really, just need to finish it up) :)
So just keep checking this thread now and then, and you might find a new version. I will be away for the weekend so don't expect somthing new until Monday.

I hope I will have nobleman, catapults, and maybe scouts in the simulator by then + Resources lost, and time it will take for your army to be made =)

As now i wont make the simulator for not archer worlds, since I don't play in them.

DeletedUser

A while back I created my own one of these, it shows the O army / D army power, the amount of time it takes to build, the amount of resources it costs, how many are lost, it also allows for you to add up to 3 different armies on each side, so you can do an easy comparison as to which is more effective. This is good for a tool that is being freely distributed, so I don't think that flaming/bashing him would be justified, but I don't know whether this warrants its own thread here on these forums. Seen as with an hour or two free time, one could replicate their own to match their demands.

DeletedUser

A while back I created my own one of these, it shows the O army / D army power, the amount of time it takes to build, the amount of resources it costs, how many are lost, it also allows for you to add up to 3 different armies on each side, so you can do an easy comparison as to which is more effective. This is good for a tool that is being freely distributed, so I don't think that flaming/bashing him would be justified, but I don't know whether this warrants its own thread here on these forums. Seen as with an hour or two free time, one could replicate their own to match their demands.

Yeah I would certainly use it thank you very much servy.

The convenience isn't the only thing. Some of us pay per meg for our browsing and anything that allows me to calculate something without having to download a webpage is something I will make use of thank you.
Also if you know something of Excel it would be able to add features that the in-game sim doesn't have. You could save results for instance.

Nice work capi

DeletedUser

Coincidentally, I've begun work on a similar simulator.

I won't post the version I currently have available because it only works with 213 rams against a level 20 wall, but I will say that there are endless applications of such a simulator...

Such as, the ability to run 100 identical nukes against the same village's defenses and see the worst and best case scenarios (so that you may see if you'll be able to hold a village, maybe, or clear one for that matter).

DeletedUser

- Will show almost the same result as the simulator(Haven't figured out how the simulator round the number, so sometimes it will show maybe one troops more or less).

Don't forget the 20 basic defense. This is probably what's throwing off calculations.

DeletedUser

There seems to be a whole lot that you are missing here.

If you have a basic simulator running in excel you can extend that to have functionalities that the rally point simulator will never even dream to be able to do.

Like letting the excel sheet calculate the best forces to use against a particular village's troops.

Like calculating the results of repeated attacks on a stacked village without the need to click click click between every attack.

Just because you cannot see a use for it does not mean you have to get all sarcastic about it.

DeletedUser

There seems to be a whole lot that you are missing here.

If you have a basic simulator running in excel you can extend that to have functionalities that the rally point simulator will never even dream to be able to do.

Like letting the excel sheet calculate the best forces to use against a particular village's troops.
Knowing the best troop setup to take out a particular village isn't very helpful since you aren't going to be able to alter the troops setup you already have to align it to what you find to be optimal, and when setting up your troops you don't generally know what defensive setup you're going to be fighting. In theory it sounds like it would be cool, but for the most part it isn't really going to be useful.
Like calculating the results of repeated attacks on a stacked village without the need to click click click between every attack.
It takes 2 clicks per nuke you want to send, that's not that bad. Considering I tend to avoid attacking stacked villages at all costs if it's going to take me more than a half dozen or so clicks to simulate the battle I'm going to spend my time looking for a better target, not a better simulator.
Just because you cannot see a use for it does not mean you have to get all sarcastic about it.
I really thought you'd have come up with something better than this if you were going to try to call me out on this. I wouldn't be surprised if someone could come up with some halfway decent add-ons to something like this, but so far nobody's mentioned any.

DeletedUser

It takes 2 clicks per nuke you want to send, that's not that bad. Considering I tend to avoid attacking stacked villages at all costs if it's going to take me more than a half dozen or so clicks to simulate the battle I'm going to spend my time looking for a better target, not a better simulator.

As defender...

There are 45 incoming attacks on a village you've captured just on the frontline with an enemy. They have 45 villages of origin. The village's loyalty is at 25. The last attack is a noble.

Everything is timed to arrive within 1.5 seconds, with the closest attack to the noble arriving within 12 ms of the attack.

You know the noble's village of origin contained a nuke.

You have available 220k spears, 120k swords and 30k HC. Your walls are level 20, and the village has lvl 3 sw/sp/hc. You currently have no built nobles.

You know your opponent uses nukes containing 7.5k axes, 3k LC and 213 rams, all at level 3.

If you don't decide within the next 5 minutes, the number of troops you're able to send in time will drop by 15%.

You've decided that if your losses as defender are going to be under 60% after all 45 attacks, you'll stack everything. Otherwise, you'll cut your losses.

So, instead of running to the ingame simulator and counting through 45 runs of the simulator (which can be difficult to keep track of), you open up an Excel spreadsheet that someone else spent their time making.

You find out that after 45 nukes...

At 25% luck, there would be 21% survival rate.
At 12.5% luck, there would be 43% survival rate.
At 0% luck, there would be 55% survival rate.
At -12.5% luck, there would be 63% survival rate.
At -25% luck, there would be 70% survival rate.

Knowing that the chance that 45 random values between 25 and -25 will be above 12.5 or below -12.5 isn't very high, you decide to ignore the two extremes and focus on the middle-ground.

43-63% survival.

That is under 60% losses, so you decide to stack.

Having had this simulator, you've managed to quickly run the numbers, and, within your 5 minute window of opportunity, come to a decision.

It might not happen to everyone, and it might not happen exactly like that, but in any late-world, it's a scenario most of us have heard of (or contributed to).

DeletedUser

In such a situation you're generally going to be better off leaving the village and trying to retake it. First off since you just nobled it chances are it doesn't have a wall, so that's going to hurt you a ton, there are much better uses for those troops I'd imagine.

If you were going to stack it you would have needed to make that decision long before hand so that all of your support would be timed to land at the same time and in sufficient quantity, if you've waited this long to make the call then it's already too late in my eyes.

DeletedUser

In such a situation you're generally going to be better off leaving the village and trying to retake it. First off since you just nobled it chances are it doesn't have a wall, so that's going to hurt you a ton, there are much better uses for those troops I'd imagine.

If you were going to stack it you would have needed to make that decision long before hand so that all of your support would be timed to land at the same time and in sufficient quantity, if you've waited this long to make the call then it's already too late in my eyes.

I said the walls were 20 and that you have no available nobles for recap.

In any case, if I were nobling a walled village on the frontline with an enemy, I wouldn't stack it above about 60k sw/sp unless I knew it was going to fall under attack. I figure 60k sw/sp can hold off anything they can send from <6 hours away, and by the time those nukes hit, I can have a decent amount of support in to the village from the neighboring villages.

The question is, once under attack, whether to send additional troops or call back those 60k of each and cut the losses.

DeletedUser

So you didn't ram the walls of the village before nobling it? I don't do that, especially in situations such as what you're describing. If you have time to rebuild the wall you've also had plenty of time to figure out what you plan to do with the village, and you also wouldn't have 25 loyalty.

It doesn't matter if you don't have the nobles to recap it. If you can't hold the village then don't waste your troops trying. I'd much rather lose a village than many villages worth of troops in a battle that won't be to my benefit anyway.

In any case, if I were nobling a walled village on the frontline with an enemy, I wouldn't stack it above about 60k sw/sp unless I knew it was going to fall under attack. I figure 60k sw/sp can hold off anything they can send from <6 hours away, and by the time those nukes hit, I can have a decent amount of support in to the village from the neighboring villages.

The question is, once under attack, whether to send additional troops or call back those 60k of each and cut the losses.
If you're in that type of situation where you already have 60k/60k and you suspected the village might come under attack then you aren't going to be that pressed for time. Additionally if you're fighting wars like this you should have a pretty good idea of how much your standard defenses can take, you don't need to recalculate it on a regular basis. You can spend the 30 seconds one time to figure out how many nukes your standard D can defend against.

DeletedUser

servy... why are you getting so worked up about this?

I asked a legitimate question of what the purpose of something like this is, and nobody has given a satisfactory answer. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, I just don't see the point.

DeletedUser

Well, what exactly is the point of say the mass renamer? It saves time.

Withering's answer showed how it can save time to have the spreadsheet, based on the fact that you can quickly simulate something that would otherwise require a lot of clicking.

A better answer in my opinion is that it can mimick features that a premium player has, so that the non-premium player can have them too

DeletedUser

A better answer in my opinion is that it can mimick features that a premium player has, so that the non-premium player can have them too

that's about the only thing that I could think of to, which is why I don't think it should be here.

inflrc

And that's the difference between reading and comprehension (it seems that someone got mind blocked :) )

As a player that has built his own excel simulator almost a year ago because of obvious reasons for almost everybody, I only have to say: Great job capibarbaroja and thanks a lot for your contribution !!!

DeletedUser

Don't forget the 20 basic defense. This is probably what's throwing off calculations.

Nope they are in =)

Btw now that I am back will soon be finished with next version.

I asked a legitimate question of what the purpose of something like this is, and nobody has given a satisfactory answer. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, I just don't see the point.

Ok, as you might know most players build their deffence and offence villages after a pattern, lets say all deffense villages have 2000 heavy cav, 3000 swords, 3000 spears, and 2000 archers(just first thing which came to my mind).

Now with the simulator in TW, you have to go army against army, 1 by 1, and note the results on a paper, and by this decide which defense pattern your villages should have.
Lets say you see that a typicall nuke used by most players seems to be 7000 Axes 2000 LCav, and 1000 MA and 213 Rams. Now you want all your villages to get the less losses when a player with this typicall nuke attacks you. Therefor you decide to build your deffense village with the best deffense against this attack. Now, in simulator doing it one by one, it would take you ages. On the other side, using excel, you get many other features, and can compute it in 1 click if you manage to find the right formulas.

Last edited by a moderator: