Simulator now available for excel

DeletedUser

yeah mine has a few bugs too, can't wait till you get it all worked out..i know how much work you put into this so kudo's for that
where is the button for me to "insert surviving troops"?

Write 1 besides the nuke button, and press the nuke button(if you are in archer worlds) As already said, will get the nuke feature to work for non archers worlds very soon :icon_wink:

Stotty2009

Don't know if this is possible or what, but still.

When I get a report on a villages, and I want to know how long it takes to clear. I have to manually type in each of the troops into the simulator.
I was wondering if it could be possible, to copy all the information from the scout report:
(example from a scout report) - 14845 1403 0 12656 466 4 1 6241 0 15 0 0

Then all I have to do, is paste it into the defender troops area and then it quicker than manually typing it in or even longer copy and paste each individual figure in each box.

Don't know how this could be done, but it would help me alot if this could be possible.

DeletedUser

When I get a report on a villages, and I want to know how long it takes to clear. I have to manually type in each of the troops into the simulator.
I was wondering if it could be possible, to copy all the information from the scout report:

Then all I have to do, is paste it into the defender troops area and then it quicker than manually typing it in or even longer copy and paste each individual figure in each box.

Don't know how this could be done, but it would help me alot if this could be possible.

Maybe... I have a script fluffy gave time ago, and will look through it :icon_wink:

Give me some time.

Btw, I am correcting some minor bugs still found:)icon_redface:), and I am sorry for the errors you might find. Version 3.23 which I have been working on in the last days has the whole Simulator code rewritten and optimized, and I am laying the possibility for archer worlds with techs, the same as non archer worlds without techs(although they don't exist, it could be nice experimenting).

So for next version, following bugs found will be fixed.

• Nuke again
    Will be affecting the wall to, so when nuking again, the wall wont recover to it's original level.
  • Optimization
    Both archer and non archer codes are now optimized, and errors will be much easier to debug(if any error found).
  • Techs(and non techs) worlds available
    Now you can simulate(for fun) with archer worlds with techs(3 or 10) , or non archer worlds without techs, and see how it would be if they actually existed. Offcourse religion and paladin settings are still there =)
  • Minor bug
    -Academy until level 3 will affect total points sum(before I had it to level 1, forgetting worlds using 3 level academies)

Any other bug notices? Please mention before next release so I can fix it until then.

A guide to the simulator, and how take advantage of it might be comming in a future. I am sorry that this is not following yet, cause I have noticed some people don't get all the functions yet.

A guide on the battle system(both archer and non archer) might also written; If I find the time.

-capi

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have no requests to do now, but I'm passing just to say thanks for all your efforts making this tool. Awesome tools are not avaliable anymore just because their developers tought it wasn't worth the work, I for myself don't want to see such things to happen again, so thanks :p

Gunther Maplethorpe

There is a much easier way, and a slightly easier way than pasting individual numbers, but it will depend on your browser and Excel version.

The much easier way, if your browser and Excel version will let you, is by using the Excel "Paste Special" feature. Simply copy the numbers from your scout report, select the first cell in Excel that you want to paste them in, then choose Edit in the Excell toolbar, then choose "Paste Special..." This will open up popup with a bunch of radio buttons; check the one at the bottom labeled "Transpose", leaving the rest alone, and hit OK. This will pate your numbers vertically, instead of horizontally.

If your popup doesn't have a bunch of buttons to choose, but instead says "HTML, Unicode Text, Text", then you'll have to first paste them somewhere else, with the Unicode Text option. Then, reslect them here, and do the same as above, with Paste Special.

This brings up a wish that I have with this sheet...I'd like to unprotect that sheet, so that I can modify it to my own desires. I fully understand that it's your own work, capibarbaroja, and do not wish to take anything from you that you wish to keep protected, but I certainly would appreciate an unlocked sheet.

DeletedUser

A new wepage is going to partialy replace the excel simulator(which means I will not work too much on the excel simulator project). I hope I can make this last fixes soon. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

it seems that it doesn't calculate with the right wall level:

example:
6083 axe, 3333 lc, 300 rams
against
10000 spear, 10000 sword, 8000 archer, 2000 hc, wall: 20

it says 2 nukes are needed, but the last one (the third nuke!) have losses of:

6083/2545/300
2545 lc instead of 2777 lc

i figure out that the second nuke fights against a wall of 18 instead of 17 while it shows 17

DeletedUser

it seems that it doesn't calculate with the right wall level:

example:
6083 axe, 3333 lc, 300 rams
against
10000 spear, 10000 sword, 8000 archer, 2000 hc, wall: 20

it says 2 nukes are needed, but the last one (the third nuke!) have losses of:

6083/2545/300
2545 lc instead of 2777 lc

i figure out that the second nuke fights against a wall of 18 instead of 17 while it shows 17

The nuke thingy has now been fixed.

EDIT: Wall: was a roundUp instead of round. Thanks for pointing out this mistake, I would not have found it my self so easily;)

DeletedUser

no problem^^
after your update i would like to test it again :)

DeletedUser

Ok, will soon update the file :icon_wink: Will put the link up here when done.

DeletedUser

CSimulator v3.31

Nuke again bugs have been corrected, and part of the code has been rewritten. Remember, if you still find bugs, don't hesitate to post in this thread(or sending me a mail). As I don't play all worlds, there might still be bugs around that I wont find :icon_wink:

-capi

DeletedUser

another little bug with the wall:
after a wall goes down to 0 e.g. 2 to 0 (and there are still troops remaining) the following nukes are still fighting against a wall of 2.

DeletedUser

Can you give me any example please?

EDIT: I know the error; working with it ;)

DeletedUser

e.g.
6202 axe, 3412 lc, 213 rams
against
25000 spear, 25000 sword, 20000 archer, 5000 hc, wall: 20

defender after the 4th nuke:
quantity: 19804/19804/15843/3941 wall=17
losses: 2054/2054/1643/411 wall=16
have to be: 1945/1945/1556/389 wall=16

its the same result using one nuke with the same quantity...

DeletedUser

Wow, looks like a lot of time and effort went into that. Good job.

DeletedUser

no i mean it's not:

after restarting the simu - 1 nuke only makes a different result:
losses: 2057/2057/1646/409 wall=16

it's a wall problem

DeletedUser

e.g.
6202 axe, 3412 lc, 213 rams
against
25000 spear, 25000 sword, 20000 archer, 5000 hc, wall: 20

defender after the 4th nuke:

Wall again. WIll get it fixed ASAP :icon_wink:

EDIT:
it's a wall problem
Yes, the bonus_wall level(if you have read my Rams guide), should be 1 level bigger than what it is it seems.(instead of 8, 9). This can bee seen by putting 18 as wall, and you get the results you mentioned.

ROUNDING PROBLEM. At last found out, and it should be working perfectly as soon as I update it. Thanks again for checking this out alpha ;)

DeletedUser

Let n be a decimal number that can be written as a.b, where a is the integer part, and b the decimal part.

If b = or > than 5:
- If a is pair, Math.Round(a.b, 0) = a+1
- If a is impair, Math.Round(a.b, 0) = a

More

And I didn't notice that until now. So had to change Math.Round with WorksheetFunction.Round, which rounds as I wanted:

If b = or > than 5, WorksheetFunction.Round(a.b, 0) = a

It was more a VBScript problem than a coding problem :icon_rolleyes: