SINTM family - The History

Mastah

Reaction score
Hey everyone, as you are aware, history is written by the victors. The tale of world 112 is yet to be finished, but at least in the Spexit - SINTM war, it feels OK to call ourselves winners.

My story on world 112 began in a village far far away, at 486|576, surrounded by, what I thought was a family tribe of 3, CdF!, SINTM & YonkiS. One evening I got attacked by one of the largest player in this familytribe, amante. I managed to kill one of his nobles and reached out to negrek in TOK to see if he wanted to work with me against this family tribe of 3. When I woke up a morning I woked up without my village, nobled by negrek, and realized that what I thought was a family tribe of 3 actually was a family tribe of 4.

Looking on the map early in the world I thought the SINTM family (hereby meaning the group of CdF!, SINTM, YonkiS AND TOK) was a nomal family tribe, people lacking skill and therefore looking to secure themselves in large numbers. The four tribes were in an area with very little room to grow and the prospects looked bleak from my point of view.
Skärmavbild 2021-03-12 kl. 00.17.21.jpg
Figure 1. Image from 12/3 - 2020 (image from http://en112.twmaps.org/archive/1584006672, resized with https://www.reduceimages.com/)
We see SINTM and YonkiS on the map to the west of Cicada (green) Out in the west TCE, which is the foundation that now is Spexit can be seen,

What changed my view of this tribe was their quick push south against a tribe, long gone, called Papugi, excuse my limited knowledge of .net if I am way off, which felt like a small group of very good players. The SINTM family quickly pushed through down south and passed down through another tribe and quickly found themselves closing in to my own tribe.

Diplomacy began and I found myself juggling our diplomatic ties to avoid a war between SINTM family & Rise. At times it felt like a lot of hard work that eventually would be without a positive result. When SINTM joined in on the war with us against the big threat in the north, everything fell into place. It felt like a strong alliance was forged. It always felt like the day would come where SINTM family had to choose between Cicada and us, one to play with and one to play against. George Ironside reassured us that their dealings with Cicada was merely a NAP. The clear border showed in Figure 1 was nagging. Information that SINTM family merely played to aid a Cicada win, this felt too surreal, but in hindsight, was there any truth to this all along? I had been taught the history from world 108, where a close relationship between SINTM family and Cicada players apparently had occured.

The dedication from SINTM was remarkable, they kept going with organized offensives, one after another. Yielding slow returns but it felt like they were one of the most loyal allies one could find. Fighting a war with a very small frontline while we were the ones with a large border; they kept pushing to allow us to yield the big returns. Eventually the war was won and some insecurities over the future werer resurfacing. At this time the war in the east was coming to its end. JheeeZ was quickly going down; and taking villages SINTM family believed was theirs wasn't helping them. We looked north east and continued the war up there while SINTM cleaned up JheeeZ. - Eventually the mail came from C1d. The alliance was over, terms were to be respected but war was upon us.

Skärmavbild 2021-03-12 kl. 00.45.51.png
Figure 2, message from PoC regarding his claim that SINTM was playing for Cicada

Quickly a peace was made with our enemies and enemies quickly turned into friends while old friends quickly turned into enemies. The fighting started. SINTM familly, heavy on offensive early on, were hard to keep at bay. Villages that I deemed secure at the start of the war turned into frontline villages in an instant. Over time it was tough for SINTM to gain ground. They were smaller than us and after a while that was hard to overcome. A stalemate set in and inactivity were starting to set in. That was all about to change during the month of December. George Ironside had one big ace up in his sleeve and one day the Death Orchesta account changed hands. At this time it felt like it was all over. A crisis meeting were held where the decision was more or less to take out DO in one final fight and then take the inevitable loss and quit. At this point I also congratulated Googly since they felt like the obvious winners.

Skärmavbild 2021-03-12 kl. 00.48.47.png
Figure 3, Screenshot from my conversation with Googly. I wouldn't normally screenshot from our conversation but since it is only my text I don't think you'll mind ;)

Unexpectedly the other Dream members didn't follow DO and he was quickly overwhelmed. Something that caused morale to rise in our camp. In hindsight this morale boost was probably the beginning of the end for the SINTM family. Who knows what would have happened if DO had been recruited just before the new year break and stacked during the break? The story of world 112 might have been completely different if that would have occured.

Eventually we find ourselves where we are today. I don't have the level of contact with the spanish leaders that I used to have, but I can only assume that most have quit by now given Cicada's recent mass nobling.

I want to end this story by saying that my time here on world 112 has had a very big impact by you, my spanish friends. Even if our Spexit succeeded I wish you the best of luck in your lives, and who knows, if friends once turned into enemies. Maybe one day we find ourselves on the same side again.

Sincerely,
Martin, leader of Spexit

Last edited:

Walk With Me

Reaction score
I have played for many years. The war against SINTIM have been one of the most respectful once I have seen under this time. We are enemy here but If spanish wants to be friends on other world I would not turn them down, that Spanish swap side was not unexpected but it was a sad call, we really liked to worked with them. Now the last large war will take a new turn on this world. Even if this settings makes this world to an forever world I am looking forward to this war and fight.

Take care guys

WWM
Martins running man

=Bit Cloud=

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Nice to see a not so negative post on the Spanish not every war has to be a negative war. They were good allies who were just limited in being a server based tribe in one time zone which can really burn you out. We were of course allied very early on with the Spanish pretty much almost since day 1 so it is a fond farewell from me to them and best of luck in their future endeavors.

Last edited:

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Nicely worded tribute :)

The Spanish folk I interacted with have a real drive and passion for this game - SINTM won't be forgotten, nor will the friendship and permanent loyalty that has existed for more than a year between our two teams.

I'll add to this fantastic thread from the Cicada Leadership perspective in the coming days / weeks. I'm still saddened by the loss of our incredibly loyal friends and want to do it justice, so will take some time to do this out of the respect I have for this crew.

Last edited:

Mr.Hustle

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The facts that SINTM was left alone to fend for themselves is brave.

Cicada has proven to the world that they sacrificed another tribe to grow strong.

Sintm you will be forgotten.

Reaction score
I have to agree with people saying this is a fantastic post about some hard work spanish. i dont tend and make up i know the reasons to there sudden quitting ( heard they just got bored) but i must say they are a very good close knit group. holding there own for most the war with a tribe twice there size.

our account ( Hells toy master) have allways been fighting them from spam when they and pms where attacking us to joining pms to then being at war with them. but i still have no bad word to say to them.

The DO situation trying to break us actually made us stronger and brought some players back onto the world ( myself included) think martin will agree 10 accounts where inactive then as the spanish just defending op after op without more then 20 village looses.

i must say this was the friendliest war i have ever played i dont remeber there ever being any bitching to one another just good old fashioned banter. i hope the cicada war will be the same and they take the spainish way of banter and dont take things sersouly ( i belif they will). i also want to mention C1D CAMP3ADOR.,Triunvirato and negrek who snipped alot of my trains.

I have enjoyed the war and hope to see them again soon.

Lewis
HTM.

Ciatoro

Reaction score
Good Game Well Played for the spanish.
Been a good war with not so much negativity around ( except enea against everyone :p )

You guys are definitely solid and good, being able to hold spexit with that big size gap. Hope i can meet you again in future worlds, as enemy or friend.

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I want to throw some respect in here to @Mastah for making a genuine post from your own point of view, and not taking the opportunity to twist things or take comments out of context. It's a fine line to walk, and I think you've nailed it. Nice tribute.

I won't preempt Googly's post too much. I never really got to meet most of the Spanish players anyway, as I was never handling diplo; but I have to say those I did meet were professional and pleasant, despite the language barrier. I also respect them a ton for sticking around and helping us pick up the villages we need to still give this world a go. We'll miss you guys for sure.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Okay, found a little bit of time to write and have had plenty of time to reflect (and get over the sadness of losing so many of the friendliest people on this world). I'm not going to put any time or effort into putting any spin on this, it's just going to come directly from the heart. So here goes...

SINTM and Cicada - the History of the South
Please note - this is all from the perspective of Cicada; it is our truth, but the details are merely from our own perspective and knowledge and so will likely have some gaps that our Spanish friends would be the only ones able to fill.

Word Start
Contrary to outsider assumptions, Cicada and SINTM did not join this world together. That was a happy coincidence, as all of SINTM knew one of the Cicada dukes and a couple of other players in Cicada who had come from W108. SINTM had chosen to go south-west, with their team setting up in K54/K64. Cicada had chosen to go south-east and set up in K55.

Early Game
Almost immediately, the two tribes noticed one another. Masterwigglestin knew the SINTM team, and very early on (within days of the world starting) diplomacy was formed.

Cicada and SINTM had an alliance in place from this point onwards (now close to 14 months).

SINTM alliance.PNG

Both tribes felt that it would be important to keep our diplomacy a secret. The language barrier impacted on this for both sides; Cicada took the 'we merely have a simple border agreement' line - admittedly bending the truth. SINTM took the 'we just have an NAP' line. This was a strategic decision that our two tribes chose, although the entirety of both teams were fully aware of the nature of this diplomacy from the get go.

Early Teamwork
Early on, our teamwork was almost entirely just via communication and setting up a border. We established a line down the centre of the map, shifted slightly east in K55 to give SINTM some room to secure early clusters. Cicada identified Papugi as a potential threat to Spanish (I knew a couple of people there), and we discussed strategy. SINTM took them out. PLEME was a premade from another server. I think Bulgaria - but my memory on the exact country could be wrong. As Pleme bordered both tribes, we agreed to split the territory and both hit PLEME around the same time. Together, we removed this premade and set up the clear borders.

Other Diplomacy - Enter Mid-Game
Both tribes were fully aware that other diplomacy would be needed owing to the diplomatic free-for-all going on elsewhere on the map. Cicada chose to form NAPs with -NP- and THC as a counter to the agreements JheeeZ had with Red Khan and his team. SINTM chose to work with what became PMS via a tribe merging in Rise, to counter the Spam mass-recruitment policy.

Because the southern strategy was so intertwined, I will go off on a slight tangent to explain fully about the build-up to the JheeeZ war where SINTM and Cicada did at points work together.

Cicada and -NP- were mixed together, and were becoming good friends ingame. THC were not a particularly strong tribe, and broke after one op from JheeeZ. Cicada picked up Tide and Salvador Dali, whilst -NP- merged their crew together and then joined Cicada. Whilst this was all going on, Cicada had engaged with JheeeZ.

SINTM, being an incredible friend as they have always been, offered early on to help with fakes and nukes on JheeeZ. Although we appreciated the offer, Cicada turned down this help. We did not believe it would be a good idea to reveal the depth of our relation to the world so early on. As such, SINTM and Cicada agreed it would be smart to stay out of each other's wars.

Meanwhile, SINTM, PMS and Dream (and a relatively irrelevant northern tribe) targeted SPAM. SINTM were very aggressive, hitting nonstop for a long time.

When one of the Spam accounts - Undo - jumped behind SINTM to K64, Cicada passed information to SINTM to help them have enough knowledge to plan the best strategy to remove this account from their back yard.

Spam+JheeeZ Conflict
Shortly before SPAM fell, they began attempting to threaten various tribes in the north to try and keep them from getting involved in any conflicts. This was completely empty as a threat, as SPAM was already at breaking point and JheeeZ were bleeding villages to Cicada, losing more with each and every op.

SINTM, PMS & Dream broke SPAM. A few members bordering SINTM jumped to JheeeZ. This was the turning point in Cicada/SINTM relations. There was now a good reason for SINTM to fight JheeeZ - we agreed it would only be the area local to them, as there was no point in the Spanish cutting across Cicada in the north. As such, SINTM opened fire on JheeeZ. Munch opened fire on JheeeZ a little while after this turn of events and then...JheeeZ was gone.

Late Game
Cicada and SINTM both knew that other tribes would attempt to turn us against one another. When players in Munch began leaking 'sensitive' diplomacy to SINTM, this was passed back to us within seconds of being sent to them ingame. SINTM of course were already aware, as Cicada and SINTM were informing each other of all our diplomacy and agreements.

Likewise, anything that was said by PMS to Cicada was passed back to SINTM.

There was at no point any distrust between our two tribes. We'd both stuck to our mutual game-plan for many months, and it had so far been completely successful.

Now we are moving on to what is the biggest source of regret that I have on W112, as this is perhaps where a decision I made has led to SINTM losing the world.

The Strategy
Cicada and SINTM had different views on what would be the best way to take on W112 and eventually, win. We had never spoken about how W112 would finish; their seemed to be an unspoken acknowledgement that we'd cross that bridge when we'd come to it but that it would be a joint win in whatever form it would take. We had started as allies and we would end this world honouring that.

A shared Vault was set up to allow both tribes to have full access to information on all enemies on this world.

SINTM wanted to keep up the pretense a little bit longer, and have PMS, Cicada and SINTM all hit Munch together.

Cicada felt differently and instead pushed for SINTM to take on PMS whilst Cicada took on Munch. We didn't believe that WB would work with either of these tribes as they had been rather flighty all world and given location, it seemed highly likely they'd surprise everybody by hitting PMS from behind.

Cicada was also aware that PMS had reached out to Munch and offered an end to their conflict so that 'all remaining tribes' could focus on trying to take on Cicada together. This was another reason for us pushing for a North vs South war, as we knew that there was a risk PMS might turn on SINTM if they realized how strong our relations were. This felt like too great a risk to take.

This was a massive error of judgement on my part, as I was the duke in Cicada who most strongly pushed for a North vs South war, wanting to avoid a 'coalition' type fight and instead go for the more balanced fight.

The Final Wars
Cicada and Munch were relatively evenly matched for a while. Slowly, Cicada adapted strategies and began to wear down Munch, leading to bigger gains in each subsequent operation.

SINTM and PMS were likewise evenly matched, despite the size difference. This is a massive credit to the SINTM team, as during these initial fights there was minimal interference by either team.

When Munch opened fire on SINTM, this all changed.

Cicada began a 3-pronged strategy.
A) Send all spare defense to help SINTM stack and snipe.
B) Wind up Munch to undermine their confidence and try to draw their focus back on Cicada.
C) Ramp up the effort against Munch, particularly in K46 where we knew some players were really angry with their leadership for not 'fighting back against Cicada'.

We were hopeful that this strategy would work. And for a time, it seemed to be. Then we got to the attack break.

SINTM had made arrangements with Death Orchestra and 4 other accounts in PMS to move across to SINTM. The invites were sent ready for them to move on the 23rd. The idea was that SINTM would send support to these accounts during the attack break whilst they would pull their troops back and prepare to hit local PMS on the 27th as the attack break ended. SINTM would have also opened fire on the 27th, which was likely going to be enough to break PMS entirely.

Unfortunately, Death Orchestra didn't log in on the 23rd; the invites for all 5 accounts were left and SINTM discussed with Cicada. We suggested they delay it until the next attack break. Then, Death Orchestra suddenly accepted the invite - this blindsided SINTM. Because of this, the other 4 accounts had a change of heart and stayed in PMS.

This ultimately was when things went downhill. SINTM needed more defense but Munch had begun fighting Cicada again. We sent what defense we could but it wasn't anywhere near enough; SINTM therefore went more Def heavy. The strategy changed. The intention became that Cicada had to break Munch, whilst SINTM would stay defensive until it would be okay to change back to a more aggressive tribe. Cicada would also take sits when possible to help, although by and large this only happened for the last op on them, as SINTM were doing a grand job themselves.

Unfortunately, as we have all seen, that hasn't worked out. SINTM as a tribe discussed what to do as they had lost interest in playing this world. They decided as a tribe that they would leave W112. Cicada offered all of SINTM a space in our team if they did want to continue playing, out of respect for our many months of solidarity and friendship.

Some SINTM players have stayed on to defend their accounts whilst gifting to Cicada. Some have passed sits to Cicada for the same purpose. One has understandably chosen not to do either, frustrated at Cicada pushing SINTM into a war with PMS instead of a multiple tribe coalition against Munch. This view is entirely fair, and my greatest regret on W112. This decision has certainly led directly to this current turn of events, and it is with great sadness that Cicada is losing so many amazing friends.

Finding a team who work in tandem with another so effectively is rare. In my 12 years of playing TribalWars, I have never seen or been a part of such a smoothly functioning, entirely trusting alliance. There has never been any question of either tribe turning on the other. Both teams have known it simply would never happen. Loyalty to one another to that degree is something that has told me TribalWars still has the member base for the old-school style of play, where a player's word matters more than their skill. The friendship between our tribes will never be forgotten. Win or lose, Cicada knows SINTM has had a massive, positive effect on where we are today. A true friend.

Congratulations to Spexit for their strategic play and their success in the west. Congratulations to SINTM for their incredible display offensively and defensively ingame for so many months on this world.

A special thank you to George and C1D for their special friendship with the Cicada leadership, and a huge shout-out to Triunvirato for his exceptional skill and talent ingame.

Cicada will miss the greatest ally a tribe could ever have.

-Ant​

Mr.Hustle

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Eh, I think your justifying the lack of defense sent to SINTM back then when in fact your tribe got lots of defense to spare.( just look at all those noblings by your tribe)

Your group knows that fighting the north is a stalemate, and SINTM will break against the offensive of PMS, you delayed sending defense. This course led to the disgust of majority of SINTM, they already knew they were being sacrificed and they eventually come to the decision to quit. Of course out of respect the leaders of SINTM your tribe suggested a merger.

They rejected it cause they already know that they are being backstabbed.

Cicada with its history of backstabbing have come full circle, they just decided to backstab SINTM their only ally. Utterly pathetic and a disgrace.

Ahhh, i just remembered anybody can check now if CICADA have sent their defense to SINTM just look at the opponents defeated support, with SINTMS small frontline against PMS they can easily stack it.

Last edited:

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Ignoring all the gibberish, I will address one point. There's never been any discussion between SINTM and Cicada about a merge of any sort.

Now, please move on to a different thread. This is a thread that Spexit have created to give some credit to SINTM. Nobody wants or needs your toxicity here.

=Bit Cloud=

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Eh, I think your justifying the lack of defense sent to SINTM back then when in fact your tribe got lots of defense to spare.( just look at all those noblings by your tribe)

Your group knows that fighting the north is a stalemate, and SINTM will break against the offensive of PMS, you delayed sending defense. This course led to the disgust of majority of SINTM, they already knew they were being sacrificed and they eventually come to the decision to quit. Of course out of respect the leaders of SINTM your tribe suggested a merger.

They rejected it cause they already know that they are being backstabbed.

Cicada with its history of backstabbing have come full circle, they just decided to backstab SINTM their only ally. Utterly pathetic and a disgrace.

Ahhh, i just remembered anybody can check now if CICADA have sent their defense to SINTM just look at the opponents defeated support, with SINTMS small frontline against PMS they can easily stack it.

Since when was noble count and defensive troop counts correlated. All the rest of your post was flat out wrong but everyone has come to expect that anyways.

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
SINTM, being an incredible friend as they have always been, offered early on to help with fakes and nukes on JheeeZ. Although we appreciated the offer, Cicada turned down this help. We did not believe it would be a good idea to reveal the depth of our relation to the world so early on. As such, SINTM and Cicada agreed it would be smart to stay out of each other's wars.
There was also one op where Jheez tried to hit the far west side of the front, and we had one or two people jump into SINTM for support. I always remember that as a moment where I, and I feel like a lot of other members of the tribe, realized the alliance was quite serious. I was always surprised that didn't tip off others to the depth of our alliance, either; it's not like that jump was a well-kept secret, it still shows on TWStats:

1615743142366.png

This was always a two-way alliance, that's quite clear, and I still respect the Spanish deeply for how quickly and unreservedly they offered that support.

WhiteGrimReaper

Reaction score
Although I didn't know anyone in Spanish you held your own against a tribe double your size so big up SINTM!

GG and WP

luluki

Reaction score
"Unexpectedly the other Dream members didn't follow DO and he was quickly overwhelmed. Something that caused morale to rise in our camp. In hindsight this morale boost was probably the beginning of the end for the SINTM family. Who knows what would have happened if DO had been recruited just before the new year break and stacked during the break? The story of world 112 might have been completely different if that would have occured."

I still don't understand this. Are you still trusting people who wanted to betray? You didn't say anything about this. I respect the decision/opinion of eveybody but for me it's impossible to play a world without a premade since that things happen unless you are playing with people that played with you in other worlds.

Thanks for the post, at some point I could try to give my experience since I was playing since day one till september that I merged and cooplayed.

luluki

Reaction score
Good Game Well Played for the spanish.
Been a good war with not so much negativity around ( except enea against everyone :p )

You guys are definitely solid and good, being able to hold spexit with that big size gap. Hope i can meet you again in future worlds, as enemy or friend.

Enea is the real problem of this world (game). The attitude from a player can destroy a friendship between tribes (and imo he did) in game and out of the game aswell. I can say that there are some members in PMS that I respect and I will convince Luis to attack in other worlds (that's how I show my respect, I don't want to them to be a bigger problem o_O ) but I can't say I respect PMS just because Enea and 2/3 more players.