Sir William O'shea

Zeddy le mange

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Hi Inno,

Could I get a bit of a back story on Sir William O'shea (pictured below), as there's a few things that don't really add up.

13d474492c9b272a32460d17509b4dc0.png

Firstly, what was he knighted for?
It's definitely not archery for sure. He's not even aiming with the correct eye.

Secondly, why is he fighting for Mr Midas?
Sir Will should be a few social levels above his comrades, many above poor old Owen. What happened to him? Was there a fall from grace? Does he owe Mr Midas a favour?

Thirdly, why does he only care about himself?
He comes across as a bit self involved and not really looking out for his comrades nor trying to protect the merchant. Who hurt him? Does he even want to be there?

Fourthly, what is his relationship with Ironside? (pictured below)
Why is Ironside even there? What does he love? Does he love William? It actually looks like Sir Will is winking at Ironside (explaining the non-aiming above), but I just don't know how Ironside is taking that. Is their secret love anything to do with Sir Will's fall from grace? Do Midas know? Is it a love triangle?

8658e5519418c9ed4db48c3fa5886fbc.png

As far as I can tell, there is a LOT more going on here than meets the eye and personally I think Inno owe us an explanation.

Zeddy le mange

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Wow it has taken me all this time to figure it out.

Ironhide von Fury is clearly nobility as well, but no way do those stats check out for someone who should have been trained by the fighters best around.

Clearly this isn't the Ironhide that Midas was expecting, this is someone else... but who? Who, with clearly limited fighting ability, would readily charge into battle and profess it's something they love doing?

Because they're not they're for the battle.

They're there for our man Sir Will. I'm still not sure what Sir Will was banished for, but whoever is in that armour is clearly in love with him, assuming the role of Ironhide and risking their life for him.

It's actually beautiful.

Thanks again Inno. The depth and intrigue in these mini games is pretty much the only reason I keep logging in. Keep up the good work!

Nova

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
Wow it has taken me all this time to figure it out.

Ironhide von Fury is clearly nobility as well, but no way do those stats check out for someone who should have been trained by the fighters best around.

Clearly this isn't the Ironhide that Midas was expecting, this is someone else... but who? Who, with clearly limited fighting ability, would readily charge into battle and profess it's something they love doing?

Because they're not they're for the battle.

They're there for our man Sir Will. I'm still not sure what Sir Will was banished for, but whoever is in that armour is clearly in love with him, assuming the role of Ironhide and risking their life for him.

It's actually beautiful.

Thanks again Inno. The depth and intrigue in these mini games is pretty much the only reason I keep logging in. Keep up the good work!

So, after spending nearly two years in the dark, stuffy vault that's the library of InnoGames, sifting through numerous tomes, scriptures and mysterious volumes with backstories - I managed to find this in a passage in a journal about the Mercenaries of Midas: :

Sir William O'Shea, once hailed as the realm's foremost archer of unparalleled prowess, had achieved his knighthood through acts of noble and righteous valor. His peerless accuracy with the bow was the stuff of legends, surpassed only by his unyielding dedication to justice. His gallant deeds upon the battlefield and ceaseless endeavors to safeguard the innocent garnered him universal respect and admiration.

Yet, the capricious whims of destiny saw Sir William's precipitous descent from favor, swifter than an arrow's flight. A hidden transgression from his past, concealed beneath a façade of chivalry, now threatened to unravel all he had earned.

Compounding his predicament was Sir William's singular affliction—he aimed with the wrong eye. While some deemed it a curse, he had surmounted this adversity, turning it into a testament of his unwavering commitment and indomitable will.

It was during these turbulent times that he chanced upon Ironhide von Fury, a figure shrouded in mystery and enigma. Little did Sir William suspect that Ironhide harbored an ardent, concealed affection for him. Despite the odds and the intricate nature of their circumstances, their bond burgeoned with each passing day.

Fate, ever inscrutable, interceded once more when Sir William and his band of mercenaries received the commission to safeguard the precious wares of Travelling Merchant Midas. This undertaking would test his skills to the hilt and compel him to confront the specters of his past.

As Sir William O'Shea embarked upon this new chapter in his life, he pondered whether redemption was attainable. Amidst the trials and treacherous paths that lay ahead, he would have to rely upon his steadfast marksmanship and the unanticipated support of Ironhide von Fury, whose love for him smoldered as an unseen ember, burning brightly in the recesses of his heart.

- So it seems you were right in your assumptions, there was clearly something going on behind the scenes there, possibly connected to the persons in the Rescue the Royalty events....