• Start date

DeletedUser

Please reza,
the wind is blowing, the dust will collect
A sand storm will follow
Follow us to the safer place

Better? :p

DeletedUser

The forum won't die, it's just the skill level will drop with our best (and essentially the mentors) leaving. People will still post, but most of it will just be spam anyway.

As long as there is .net activity the forum itself won't completely die, it's just in terms of graphics it will become stagnant without the "mentors" to teach people (like a football team without a coach) but probably a new "community" will eventually form, and give it a few years and they will be back up to scratch :p

DeletedUser95815

Pen&Ink will keep going :)
My personal opinion on all this is that the mods took the quotes for what they were rather than learning all the facts first. Don't get me wrong I see why they did it, but the mods should be fair and learn everything before taking a action as severe as banning someone. Was probably not the best idea to take it to the external forums but I can see that people were angry at Zenron being banned in the first place.
So in short, I think they should all be unbanned and we get on with our lives. It was a mistake on both our part and the mods.

Last edited by a moderator:

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
@Josh:

Rules are rules. If you make exceptions to rules, it would be unfair to others. Imagine for example, that you are playing baseball. You've just striked out, and wish to have another go. It would be unfair on everybody playing if you get allowed to be this exception to the rule of the game, and it would ruin the game for others.

If people deliberately decide to strike themselves out, should they be given another chance straight away? I'd say that they shouldn't personally, as they full-knowingly chose to do something they knew they'd most likely get quite badly punished for if caught. I'll leave you to think about the example I used in the context of the topic and how it relates to what you have said.

DeletedUser95815

The return of Googly is nigh!
I would say that it was the mistake on the moderators part in the first place which caused the reaction that it did.

DeletedUser

People are entitled to their opinions. That said, what happened was the wrong way to express them. Hell, it was like the London Riots. What happened din't help, it was never going to help, it was just an excuse to break as much as possible. Even if they had been right and the infractions unjust, what were we meant to do, apologise and reverse them with no punishment? All that would do is make people think that if they don't get what they want, the best way to get it is to riot and break as many forum rules as possible...

Had those involved had the sense of mind to PM the moderators involve, calmly discuss it and present their opinions in the proper manner, then this would have had a very different outcome.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The return of Googly is nigh!
I would say that it was the mistake on the moderators part in the first place which caused the reaction that it did.

Those who chose to react are fully responsible for their actions.

And they are also choosing to base their actions on what was in fact information that was incorrect. See below for the reasoning as to why. I will color the parts that should be focused on.

[5:02:31 PM] genetic-engineer: he got 3 points for nothing. he should have had a maximum of two ... simple
[5:02:43 PM] Zenron the Fantastico: I did get 2 points GE (think)
[5:02:46 PM] genetic-engineer: you aren't making a valid point ...
[5:02:48 PM] genetic-engineer: you got 3 ?
[5:02:54 PM] Zenron the Fantastico: I got 2... (think)
[5:02:58 PM] Zenron the Fantastico: One for each quote
[5:02:59 PM] ~Googly/homcgra1~: There you go GE
[5:04:20 PM] ~Googly/homcgra1~: GE - you agreed that it should be a 2-point infract max. Zenron's said he got 2 infracts, not the 3 you invented in your mind.

So do you now agree that perhaps you are being quite childish? :p
[5:04:34 PM] *** genetic-engineer removed ~Googly/homcgra1~ from this conversation. ***

According to one of the ring-leaders, it was because of the "one extra infraction points". Which the person who received them immediately states doesn't exist. The 2 points were agreed by one of the people ultimately responsible as being what he'd expect to happen (as an ex-moderator). So, they acted on information when they had wrong information. And as Zenron immediately corrected them when they claimed he got more than he did, it is fairly safe to assume they made the "3" part up. And so are entirely to blame for the entire debacle.

I'd suggest doing your homework, as I have done, before trying to pin blame on those people who enforce the rules :)

DeletedUser95815

I wasn't pinning the blame on anyone.
I merely said that the moderators shouldn't have acted as rationally in the first place. Granted, as you said the base of the actions was there fault and I think they were wrong to act like that as well, but the fact of the matter is that the moderators misconceived the quotes to be literal rather than doing their research and seeing they were quotes from various TV/films etc. :)

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Unless the entire community has seen the film from which the quote was taken, the moderators simply have to treat it as literal as opposed to "oh it's fine - it's from a movie and everybody will know that". Because people who haven't seen the film would naturally take it literally, and the nature of the quote in question would have been HUGELY offensive to those people.

I won't post again now. If you don't understand or accept that completely clear, logical point, then no amount of discussion will get you to realize that the only people in the wrong in reality, are the people who broke the rules.

DeletedUser

I wasn't pinning the blame on anyone.
I merely said that the moderators shouldn't have acted as rationally in the first place. Granted, as you said the base of the actions was there fault and I think they were wrong to act like that as well, but the fact of the matter is that the moderators misconceived the quotes to be literal rather than doing their research and seeing they were quotes from various TV/films etc. :)

I'm glad you think we acted rationally :p

It says quite clearly in the forum rules that every user is fully responsible for the content of their posts, be it a quote or original text. Just because someone said it in a film doesn't change the meaning, after all. Should we check every single post in the forum by googling everything everyone says? That would take quite some time...

DeletedUser95815

It says quite clearly in the forum rules that every user is fully responsible for the content of their posts, be it a quote or original text. Just because someone said it in a film doesn't change the meaning, after all. Should we check every single post in the forum by googling everything everyone says? That would take quite some time...

I understand where you are coming from with that. But I guess it was just a personal joke between a few and wasn't meant to offend those people who didn't get it. I think they should of just said okay it was a mistake after the moderators giving them one infraction.

DeletedUser

But everybody has seen Four Lions ._.

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from with that. But I guess it was just a personal joke between a few and wasn't meant to offend those people who didn't get it. I think they should of just said okay it was a mistake after the moderators giving them one infraction.

And you mean the moderators should know which few that were involved to the joke and what the joke were? Assuming there were no moderators among those few, it's extremely flawed. Even if there were a moderator among those few, it was flawed.

We can not take into consideration if people is making "internal jokes". If they violate the forum rules they violate the forum rules, regardless of whether it's a joke or not.

Also, Four Lions? Never even heard of. :icon_neutral: