Smokey Knights of Cydonia War [SKCW]

DeletedUser

So, you claim you don't care about the timing, and yet you make fun of other players that do it?

[ Ladies and Gentlemen, I present the evidence]

Don't know what I'd call that, njc1, EGO Runner of W66, but does it appear you are a hypocrite?

And another one...

So? none of my trains have been more than a second.

The fact of the matter is that my lazy timing is still better than anything that KOC has sent my way and clearly it has been working for me. The true insult that those poorly timed nobles from toll received was their death.

DeletedUser

I positively find this thread absolutely boring...
Usually when I am reading a book that is boring me... I put it down and never go back. Congo must be entertaining you somehow.

What I'm getting at is, can we please stop judging njc for jumping ship? I'm more than certain it had absolutely nothing to do with KOC's absent beat down and more to do with the internal politics of Ego - for tribes are destroyed more from the inside than the outside in most wars, judging by my own experiences in this game.
I skipped to this part. So, you are saying that "internal politics" played the downfall of EGO?! lol

Yeah, ok. I love how you discount that entirely. Was it the fact that inactivity was a big part? "Nah, tribes are destroyed more from the inside than the outside in most wars"

Was it the fact that SMOKE jumped in and started hammering EGO and they didn't know how to handle that? "Nah, it was internal politics"

Did the players split and leave in different tribes, or create new tribes? "Nah, they all joined ZIPS, but it was internal politics"

Pluuuze. And you want to hit me in the head? You're jacked up. Internal politics...

DeletedUser

Was it the fact that SMOKE jumped in and started hammering EGO Fringe accounts that had just switched and they didn't know how to handle that? "Nah, it was internal politics"
fixed that for you.

War with smoke was nothing new, the only thing they changed was trying to surround me by nobling attempted nobling through the east of K43. Their success there was marginal and the predominant # of caps from EGO to smoke were in the ~1000 villages that Evo, Gemz, Livo, and Dev made up.

The line, for the most part, between main parts of SMOKE and EGO remained unchanged from the day the war started to the day that the 5 of us switched tribes.

DeletedUser

So? none of my trains have been more than a second.

The fact of the matter is that my lazy timing is still better than anything that KOC has sent my way and clearly it has been working for me. The true insult that those poorly timed nobles from toll received was their death.

And yet, none of your troops died as well causing their death. You make no sense. And this is why:

If you are gonna kill the troops (like you just indicated), you'd stack the village. You don't care about timing, you just stack it and be done with it.

And yet, you are making fun of the fact that they are a few seconds off - as if you have plans to snipe the nobles?

Kinda like this as well:

So, let me cut to the chase. You sent 4 nobles against one of our members. To make sure those nobles would clear that village, you sent a nuke in front of it. But you were sloooooow. Just a few seconds slow. ;-)

So, your first noble strike with your full offense takes out the defense, but losses its noble. You have three consecutive nobles hit, the report shows the last strike
(Here are two reports - NOTE THE TIME):

y3zb.png

Then, one second later, your Nuke hits. lol

ylzh.png

Again, sorry for everyone else about the lack of specific details about this minor incident (this information is classified for the benefit of all participants). As you really cannot read anything at all. But really, njc1 sent a Nuke 1 second behind his Noble train.

What did you say to me one time? Oh,.. yah. Thanks for playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

you got the order wrong, I sent the train after the nuke was sent.

I didn't stay alt-tabbed out of my dota game long enough to check if my internet decided to work correctly.

Also, I posted those reports up above with all the information. I have nothing to hide, my one second error is considerably different from leaving 16 second gaps between nobles and 12 minutes prior to the first's arrival.

DeletedUser

you got the order wrong, I sent the train after the nuke was sent.

I didn't stay alt-tabbed out of my dota game long enough to check if my internet decided to work correctly.

And I work on a drilling rig with intermittent internet. Which means that sending fakes takes about a minute to do per fake.

We all got our First World problems, njc1. But when people come on here and bash my teammates; I react. I will find evidence to either prove them wrong or show that they make the same mistakes. You are not the finesse player that you think or claim to be. That is just one example. I found several with Triten's conflict with you as well.

But the point remains, if you come on here and trash people. Make sure your arse is clean.

DeletedUser

lol I don't claim to be a finesse player. I prefer the heavy-handed approach; nuke everything, noble whenever you feel like it.

I assure you that I've never sent a train at someone that's been over a second though, most I might have done to triten is use nuke nobles that landed over a few seconds, but 'tis a different beast than a train.

edit: defense has always been my favorite part of the game, which is why i don't claim to be a great attacker. I'm not incompetent in that area though. I simply spend my efforts in timing for prey that is more prone to making it worth the energy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lol I don't claim to be a finesse player. I prefer the heavy-handed approach; nuke everything, noble whenever you feel like it.
Stop being a narcissist. I don't care what your style is. But if you are making fun of players because of timing issues, which is a more of a "finesse" than "heavy-handed", then you are in no position to judge someone.

DeletedUser

It's not heavy-handed if there are no nukes to speak of. Sending little, and the little being poorly timed is a poor combination.

DeletedUser

[spoil]Side 1: Tribes: KOC
Side 2:
Tribes: ZIPS, PEND

Timeframe: Last 48 hours

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 2
Side 2: 49
Difference: 47

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 19,154
Side 2: 419,760
Difference: 400,606

chart

[/spoil]

[spoil]Side 1:
Tribes: KOC
Side 2:
Tribes: SMOKE, LiteUp

Timeframe: Last 48 hours

Side 1: 3
Side 2: 43
Difference: 40

chart

Side 1: 29,490
Side 2: 399,421
Difference: 369,931

chart

[/spoil]

DeletedUser

[spoil]Side 1: Tribes: ZIPS, PEND
Side 2:
Players: TollxBooth, Tweenie BoB, catehill

Timeframe: Last week

Side 1: 277
Side 2: 38
Difference: 239

chart

Side 1: 2,289,234
Side 2: 287,106
Difference: 2,002,128

chart

[/spoil]

[spoil]Side 1:
Tribes: SMOKE
Side 2:
Players: TollxBooth, Tweenie BoB, catehill

Timeframe: Last week

Side 1: 106
Side 2: 19
Difference: 87

chart

Side 1: 945,248
Side 2: 175,980
Difference: 769,268

chart

[/spoil]

DeletedUser

[spoil]Side 1: Tribes: KOC
Players: Tweenie BoB, catehill, TollxBooth, james10001
Side 2:
Tribes: ZIPS, PEND, SMOKE, LiteUp
Players: <i>Barbarian villages</i>

Timeframe: Last month

Side 1: 833
Side 2: 1,392
Difference: 559

chart

Side 1: 3,153,343
Side 2: 11,589,679
Difference: 8,436,336

chart

[/spoil]

DeletedUser108663

I do admire the KOC faith, but detest the barb nobling methods. Soon the world will not have to worry about lost farms..

Long Live the Farm!

Ironic?

My favourite bit about it is the fact that the ex-'barb noblers' of KOC now in smoke are the only players in smoke not barb nobling?