So long, w59

DeletedUser

Have to say, I'm quite surprised I made 2 PITA members "Respected players" list

But luckily both have been players I've had the pleasure to tango with for a long time.

Also inspired me to do my own list.
Granted it won't be as expansive as those above, as I was not too chatty outside of a specific group.

PITA

[SPOIL]
Piqnicta (Or-El) - Have to say, you always were a fun personality on the forums, The occasional chat we had was always an ammusing way to pass the time while tagging the ferocious amount of fakes you and the others down there felt the need to spam at me. You made me very welcome to this world, with 4 full nuke OPs from you and your fellows within the first few weeks I was on the account.
I felt very loved, I kept my total (I received 15,184 attacks in the first month I was on the account).
Or-El has been my bane since he was forum mod on w56, dishing me those infractions on a fairly regular basis.
Been a Pleasure.

Tepsudes - Oh you bastard :p many were the days I'd go to sleep, feeling safe in my bed that I'd dealt with your nobles and nukes, only to awaken to having lost villages to your close range nobles. Made me crave a sitter on a semi regular basis, however my prayers were seldom answered, and you took great advantage of this.
People say I kept bouncing back after every strike, you sir could put me to shame.

Ads121 - Ah, I have never met somebody so attack happy. You tended to make up a fair portion of my reports and for that I thank you.
definitely gave me something to keep my eye on, on a fairly regular basis. Made the game fun.
If only I could be bothered sending fakes I could have returned the favour, but after my computer died and I was relegated to my laptop, it just became too difficult to manage. But I'll get you another day :p

Eternal Love - Good God sir, stop sending fakes :p
[/SPOIL]

GotRob
[SPOIL]
Appleburger87- This guy, just this guy. After w56 I was done with tw. I was pretty sure I had reached a point where I could leave for good. I'd hit 10mill, 1000 villages. I was pretty sure I wasn't gonna do it again and should quit while ahead. Then enters Kevin, a guy I knew from w56, and hadn't really known until I stacked the shit out of him when his tribe was dying. I started with just saying yeah i'll help, and put around 800 villages of defence into his own. I was a turtle. Within a week I was getting his sit on a very regular basis, setting up snipes 48hrs in advance. Over this time we got to chatting quite alot, but I digress. The point is this bastard, after everything I'd done for him, grabbed me around the collar and dragged me kicking and screaming to play on the GOLIONS account despite my well planned intentions to quit. Well for this I thank you. W59 has been a great laugh, and have enjoyed every moment of it (Except my dealings with geani, urgh). Here you led myself and others in the Southern Group, the group which we believed was the only one making constant progress (until maneater shat up our record on an inconceivable scale). A tenacious leaders, and one with his groups best interests in mind (as shown when he helped organise the South's merge into PITA). LAst words for you are "HA!! I beat you in ODA :p told you I would, sucked in >:D also, payback is a bitch, enjoy coplaying my w69 account. Frevin Howden for all who wish to say hi to us :p Actually final notice, Apple, perhaps the only sitter I have ever had that has intentionally circumvented my will when it came to my account. I had a very proud record that I NEVER asked for support. And I never did. Except for when this sod sat me =.=

Texful - We didn't really chat, but you were perhaps the only one who sent me defense in my times of need, despite me never actually asking for it :p

[/SPOIL]

My Shitlist

Geani69- I have never encountered a more frustrating leader, if it had not been for Apple, I would have left months ago, not to join PITA, as I would never fight the one who got me the account (Appleburger) I;d still fight PITA, but just to be separate from you, urgh.
I'm so glad to be rid of you.

DeletedUser

Well, W59 is over, and it's a victory in all truth, in general, not only for every player that played but in a wider sense, for Honest games-play and honest Tw's Players, over the tactics and shenangigans of GotRob, and in the end, the best and most deserving Tribe, PITA won.

For myself, a number of things might be said- but first and foremost, i'd say this: this win is primarily Pita's- by which i mean the Original or longer lasting and most influential Pita players and Leadership in general.

With surety, i can't count myself among their number, and all credit goes to them.

Ref GotRob:

For all their Dodgy tactics, alleged (though in truth we all know the vast extent of it) multi-accounting, excessive barb-munching, sheer deception, family-hugging and generally despicable M.O. - GotRob had some Good and active players and made a war of it, and it will be remembered as a War that was fought hard, albeit with GR utilising to the max the worst principles of the game, to such a degree that players - in a Game - became committed to seeing their final and rather inglorious downfall.

In point of fact their inglorious end really just sums up what geani and her "cohorts" were about- and the mass bannings / deletions essentially sum up GotRob (as a tribe) completely. There were some Good players and some Great players there and they fought hard, but ultimately it was the most reviled Model of any tw's tribe I, and most of us that have played Tw's have ever come across.

That they should end it in the truly chidlish and petulant way they did, with mass Tribe wide bannings and a mass cult Suicide, on what had been a hard fought world just speaks absolute volumes for what Geani and the ethos there truly was.

To take an example- compare the final actions of the ill-fated Leadership of GotRob with a single player, or as in this case - co-players: Less and Mitch on the (variously named and variously be-wigged) Less is more acct - sometimes blonde and in trouble, sometimes not so, but always playing the game right and Fighting- Never giving up, taking bashing after bashing, but honestly fighting on - no matter how many thousands of incoming or the subsequent losses -

did they give up? Lose heart? Throw in the towel? No, they always fought and acted honourably - something in hindsight the leaders of GotRob can never say.

Less and Mitch are an inspiration to us all.

Funny too - as i think it was mentioned, some of their Skype banter / conversations would make some of the greats of comedy sit up and take notes, though possibly it wasnt always quite so intentioned :)

Like others here, i can only take my hat off to them both for it :)

Players and first and foremost People make the game.

For myself there's a number of things to be said- as previously mentioned.

As stated this is PITA's win.

By that i mean the Core of PITA and those subsequently, and also to some degree in CAS and Z! that played a full part within that.

As stated, to my own regret, i can't really, to be fair, count myself as part of that group.

Ref Pita, ref my own experiences of it, and regarding the slow evolvement of Relations of Ride and Pita, James was, at least to me, the key mover ref that and an assured and trustworthy player.

As i saw it, he communicated exceptionally well the honest ethos of Pita, without making any promises bar mentioning historical fact ref how Pita had dealt with a tribe they had dealt with well.

Compare that with Gotrob...

Not that we needed to, we'd been on record as saying - come what may- regardless of our own interests, Ride prefered Pita to win the world just on general principle.

This is, sadly, it seems, a factor some other Tribes and their Leaders seem to fail to factor in - some of us (for all our faults- and i mean mostly my own here) tend to look at and view keenly: namely who has acted and played in the right spirit, generally acted within the old-skool as it used to be called, spirit of the game and also proved they are a Damned good tribe in and of itself, but also within that done the right things to engender trust.

well, this is getting long, so ill try and summarise a little ( god help me on that!)

Onto 13 and Ride -

theres so many people and players i'd like to mention and i'll edit it in later and that;s likely more important - in some ways, at least to me than what im about to say...

But in truth, just for now, this post is going on too long and i really wanted to address a thing or to.
There's a lot of thanks and thoughts to be given to Ride, but i am running out of steam just now...

I note, i got mentioned in U6's 'hall of shame' :D

Ref that, i just wished to say, no worries, and i thought what you wrote not unfair.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser106579

Well it doesn't shock me some folk think of me badly

ADS You were not involved in any of my discussions with eternal or rascal as such I'd appreciate it if you'd stopped making a fool of yourself by pretending to know the details as you clearly don't.

You actually have no clue do you? You were (and are) widely despised. Had it not been for the manner in which you came to PITA you'd have been kicked and opped. It was a package deal, so we had to accept numpties like you to get it over and done with...

And you actually think that I stopped talking to Rascal, Jeor, Wilson and others just because we weren't in PITA together at the time? Your stupidity appears to know no bounds...

[6/27/13 4:10:51 PM] Keith Handley: How am I stupid I got rank 3

LOL...what a great quote. And apparently, without even a hint of irony.

Well, Goodnight.... and thanks for all the fish :icon_cool:

So it was you Z! guys who were responsible for the fish shortage? Penguins were not amused...:p

Thanks again to Z!, CAS and those in PITA (including most of the GR recruits) who fought hard, and played fair.

Oh, and to my co-player Sam, for making sure that I remembered to take my pills...the lifetime supply of glue is in the post...:icon_smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oh, and to my co-player Sam, for making sure that I remembered to take my pills...the lifetime supply of glue is in the post...:icon_smile:

:icon_redface: My pleasure.

I love how the world is over but we still have to deal with plinkers.. The internet never disappoints.

DeletedUser

Now, now, folks. This is a thread to remember the good times!

DeletedUser

....And you actually think that I stopped talking to Rascal, Jeor, Wilson and others just because we weren't in PITA together at the time? You're stupidity appears to know no bounds...

If thats true then why was it you originally posted about a deal to stop farming ?
During my original discussions with Rascal it was quite clear that a cessation of farming was not the issue, I'd post our conversation here but during my discussion it was pretty clear Rascal wasnt happy with the idea of me quoting it so I won't (u65sl, That also explains my profile you commented on earlier I was very much restricted in what I could say as I didn't want to upset rascal or eternal FWIW I asked them both the check it and let me know if they weren't happy with it)

So once again ads121 I ask why do you pretend to know what was agreed when you clearly don't ?

As for irony I'm finding this whole debate ironic and to a degree quite cowardly ( Although I will say this for ads121 at least he did actually mail me during the game instead of waiting till it was over like quite a few who've commented )

Easiest thing in the world to bring in a no barb nobling ban, PITA didnt have one, of course then you'ld have had to deal with the rest of the tribe who also nobled barbs after GR quit but hey who cares what most of the tribe were doing right ?

Finally, I'll just say this was the last I have to say on the subject I've already moved on from w59 Ive learned quite a bit from all this and played over would change some of what I did.

Farewell W59 I will remember many of you for the right reasons

DeletedUser

Sorry Macon, but it has to be said.

If thats true then why was it you originally posted about a deal to stop farming ?
During my original discussions with Rascal it was quite clear that a cessation of farming was not the issue, I'd post our conversation here but during my discussion it was pretty clear Rascal wasnt happy with the idea of me quoting it so I won't (u65sl, That also explains my profile you commented on earlier I was very much restricted in what I could say as I didn't want to upset rascal or eternal FWIW I asked them both the check it and let me know if they weren't happy with it)

Nice cop out. The issue is that you did nothing for either tribe in the war. You barb whored and internalled your way to the top and felt that you deserved the right to a high rank, taking the higher premium prize from players who actually fought and participated. Then, you implied that you're "well liked" (completely off), that you deserved it because the world didn't end (for the players who put in all the effort, it did because we actually did something before the world ended), and that you're more intelligent because of your rank (really?).

So once again ads121 I ask why do you pretend to know what was agreed when you clearly don't ?

Do you seriously think someone that heavily involved in leadership didnt get the transcript? Really? I got the transcript and I wasn't even council, ads knows just as much about that conversation as anyone. He's said it too, and you seem to be unable to grasp the concept that people know as much as you if not more.

As for irony I'm finding this whole debate ironic and to a degree quite cowardly ( Although I will say this for ads121 at least he did actually mail me during the game instead of waiting till it was over like quite a few who've commented )

I, and multiple others, chose not to mail you or do anything because the leadership is in charge. There's no point in starting a fight with a player that the leadership isn't willing to deal with, because you're simply not worth the effort. In chat, you say "you're entitled to your opinion" and say that we're cowards now for sharing them? What did we fear? Your almighty barb nobling? You have such an inflated sense of ego it amazes me you can ever walk away from mirrors, so to speak. I don't fear you, never have and never will. I believe the leadership should be the one to pick fights for the players, and they chose right; attacking you would've only led to you nagging and annoying us further. Better to ignore you and leave you be if you agree to stop stealing ranks from people who deserve them. But again you feel you're the best, that you could've had rank 1 and that you're somehow more intelligent than anyone else.

Easiest thing in the world to bring in a no barb nobling ban, PITA didnt have one, of course then you'ld have had to deal with the rest of the tribe who also nobled barbs after GR quit but hey who cares what most of the tribe were doing right ?

How dare the players who forced those guys to go barb noble their barbs? How dare they get a higher rank that they earned?

I mean really, should we punish everyone because plinkers like you don't understand your place and the way you stole from players who deserved it? I think not. No one was as rampantly disturbing, arrogant, and nonchalant about stealing from the people who fought as you were, so it's not surprising you were singled out.

Finally, I'll just say this was the last I have to say on the subject I've already moved on from w59 Ive learned quite a bit from all this and played over would change some of what I did.

You mean change what you didn't do, right? Because you did absolutely nothing of value on this world and deserve only to be remembered as the barb whore who stole ranks, which is what you will be remembered as. Well, unless we add arrogant to the mix.

Farewell W59 I will remember many of you for the right reasons

Ill leave you once more with your own quote, to remind you of it forever:

"How am I stupid I got rank 3"

Adios amigo.

DeletedUser

Thought i would pop in and see how the world turned out, congratz PITA on the win :)

DeletedUser4587

I never thought TW could be so much fun until I started playing in PITA. Although it was tiring sometimes, the people around were always there to help. Made a lot of new friends here and a little sad I couldn't stay till the end due to RL.

Thanks Dunn and Nicole for making this awesome tribe, Axl for the inspiration, Rascal for the calmness, Justin for always disagreeing with me :p and last but not least my awesome co player and one of the most important reasons for PITA being where it is now, James. Don't know where he is now, disappeared into the blue but wish him luck wherever he is.

And also a big call out to all other friends ads, wilson, sonya, vinny, zeta for being such awesome tribemates.

We also shouldn't forget Laterus, kniaukse, Raging Hurricane and The.Robot for helping PITA stay alive in the initial stages with your awesome teamwork.

Yay! I got a mention! lol.

The startup to this world was definitely the most fun startup I'd ever had. We were spread out over 3 Ks and it seemed like everybody was out to get us. It was only tribe's close teamwork and selflessness that kept us going. I really learned how to work with limited resources during those times. Notanothernoob2, The Kilted Saints and *FAKES* were a pretty unstoppable team. If it makes you feel any better, I took rank 2 in W55, so maybe that'll take away some of the sting of my abandoning you ;)

I'm glad to see my account, whoever is playing it, made it to the end. Funny how that went. Dunn and Nicole deleted... took over my account and came back, and renamed it to the same name of their old account lol.

I don't know most of the people who are there now, but the startup crew for PITA was a pretty amazing group of people. I won W55 with them and pre-made with them here, and I'm confident that you'd be hard pressed to find a better group of people to play with.

Good work PITA, Congratulations (not that you'll ever see this 2 months after the fact :p)

P.S. I love how rascal won with exactly 20 mil points. That's classy right there.

DeletedUser92094

Well done PITA, I remember when the world first started and you popped up on the scene out of the blue. In all honesty, I always knew you were a decent tribe, but never thought you would be a world beater.
Congratulations. :)

DeletedUser

Hello W59!

Hope some of you remember me, LST/Matty.....I was in PITA and was CO on the Death By Facepalm account....

I'm really trying to get back in contact with my old CO, but i cannot remember his name (think it was colton) but im not sure..

Just wanted to get hold of Sonya and Ads, just to see how use are.

I have to say, I must have been the worst player in PITA, i had no skill, only skill was farming, the best thing about this game :p

Keep safe everyone, Hope to hear back from a few of you in the near future.

Matt